What would it take for you to trade Josh?

elijah

1 hour ago, ILBillsfan said:

Did the OP forget how long it took for us to get a legitimate QB finally.  I have not desire to go thru that again and Josh is a perfect fit for Buffalo!!!  No trade clause enacted by Billsmafia :)

Well no, the OP didn't forget anything seeing as he said the only trade he would make for Josh would be Pat Mahomes straight up. I like to call myself a level headed Bills fan, but I'm very much a homer on Josh Allen. I was born in '98, I've known nothing but suffering and I know nothing other than the importance of a franchise QB. 

Just a theoretical to see what the board has to say. 

P.S., we found our guy, let's cheers to that one :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, elijah said:

I don't make threads often, and when I do typically it's a well-written article but this time I'm just posing a question that I'm curious to see where Bills fans stand on. 

I have a group chat with a bunch of my friends who also happen to be diehard Bills fans. 

I asked the question, who would you trade Josh Allen for? My answer is that the only player in the league I trade Josh Allen for right now would be Pat Mahomes straight up (I'm aware the Chiefs wouldn't do that). One of my friends argued back that they would trade Josh for Russell straight up as well, with the age difference I disagree, but I could see where the argument could be made. 

Where this thread is stemming from, two of my friends in the group said that they would consider Kyler Murray for Josh Allen straight up, and I simply can not justify that to myself. I understand that Kyler is hot right now, but Josh just seems to have the more complete game. 

A side note to this, where would you rank Josh in the league for quarterback play THIS SEASON. For myself, there's a first tier of Rodgers, Wilson and Mahomes. After that there's a second tier consisting of names like Watson, Murray, Tannehill, Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Brady, Brees, Josh and etc. But even within that second tier, I would personally take Josh over the rest of the names I listed. Josh is currently my QB4 in the league.

Normally I'm not a homer and can see where this may sound biased, so I'm curious to see what this board thinks of this.

So, who/what, if anyone/package, would you trade Josh for and where does he rank among your quarterback's this season? 

I see tiny Murray scooting around the field and I keep thinking of the general effective careers of running QBs and when in one of these games a LB or D-Lineman is going to blindside him.  It could be ugly.  I know he’s around a solid 210 for his listed height of 5-10 but someone 50+ lbs heavier could hurt him.

I sometimes get concerned Josh tuns too much but he’s the size of a TE.

Regarding your original post, I would not even consider trading Josh.  FUHGEDDABOUDIT!

54 minutes ago, mannc said:

What would it take to start a dumber thread than this one?

Ya got me there. This is simply ridiculous.

55 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Stupidity 

🥇

2 hours ago, elijah said:

I don't make threads often, and when I do typically it's a well-written article but this time I'm just posing a question that I'm curious to see where Bills fans stand on. 

I have a group chat with a bunch of my friends who also happen to be diehard Bills fans. 

I asked the question, who would you trade Josh Allen for? My answer is that the only player in the league I trade Josh Allen for right now would be Pat Mahomes straight up (I'm aware the Chiefs wouldn't do that). One of my friends argued back that they would trade Josh for Russell straight up as well, with the age difference I disagree, but I could see where the argument could be made. 

Where this thread is stemming from, two of my friends in the group said that they would consider Kyler Murray for Josh Allen straight up, and I simply can not justify that to myself. I understand that Kyler is hot right now, but Josh just seems to have the more complete game. 

A side note to this, where would you rank Josh in the league for quarterback play THIS SEASON. For myself, there's a first tier of Rodgers, Wilson and Mahomes. After that there's a second tier consisting of names like Watson, Murray, Tannehill, Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Brady, Brees, Josh and etc. But even within that second tier, I would personally take Josh over the rest of the names I listed. Josh is currently my QB4 in the league.

Normally I'm not a homer and can see where this may sound biased, so I'm curious to see what this board thinks of this.

So, who/what, if anyone/package, would you trade Josh for and where does he rank among your quarterback's this season? 

LAMP much? 🤦‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ya got me there. This is simply ridiculous.

🥇

LAMP much? 🤦‍♂️

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/212842-pre-combine-receiver-rankings/

Call it LAMP if you want too, but no, that's just who I am as a poster here. I don't post often, and when I do, it's typically quality content. I was fortunate enough to have an opportunity and write with Cover 1 for awhile too, but I've recently gotten too busy to keep up with that. Sorry if I was coming off as conceited, was just introducing my post. 

P.S. - I will go a little LAMP here at the end of this post, while not nailing the exact position, I believe I hit 9 player to team connections correct in this mock draft which is actually a very high rate for what the renowned national writers do. Also, check out what I said about Josh Allen to the Bills. 

Edited by elijah
  • Like (+1) 1

Now that we've beaten that Patriots and Seasnakes, I believe any trade for Josh should proceed for compensation to be determined using a variant of the law about cats said to have been enacted in the 900's by the Welsh ruler Hywel the Good.

That law went as follows: if anyone were to kill or steal a cat that had not yet killed a mouse, its value was fourpence.

But if a cat were stolen or killed after it had proven itself as a mouser, it was to be held by its tail over an empty floor, head downwards so that its forepaws just touched the floor.  Grain was then to be poured around the cat until the tip of its tail was completely covered.  That was its value.  (This would produce a substantial mound of grain)

In any trade for Josh, use a variant of the procedure for loss of a mouse-killing cat. Use Gold instead of grain.  Hold Josh head down by one ankle so his fingertips just brush the floor, and keep pouring gold until his pointed toe-tips are covered.

Hywel's law does not specify, in the case of a stolen cat, how to persuade the creature to cooperate with dangling head-down by its tail while the grain is poured.  A similar caveat might apply to this trade procedure for Josh.  If compensation can not be properly determined, the trade is OFF.

Oxygen supply should be assured for health and safety during the compensation procedure.

8 minutes ago, elijah said:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/212842-pre-combine-receiver-rankings/

Call it LAMP if you want too, but no, that's just who I am as a poster here. I don't post often, and when I do, it's typically quality content. I was fortunate enough to have an opportunity and write with Cover 1 for awhile too, but I've recently gotten too busy to keep up with that. Sorry if I was coming off as conceited, was just introducing my post. 

Bro it’s a fine thread.

Edited by Ecmic82
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, elijah said:

Great question but I wouldn’t trade him for anyone.

He’s just coming into his own. He’s Buffalo. And, you can’t easily manufacture the chemistry he has with his WRs (IMHO).

The trade would break this kids heart and he would probably retire  :(

From John Kriks column in the Toronto Sun

BUFFALO FOREVER

After losing his grandmother last Saturday, Buffalo QB Josh Allen

has been blown away by the support Bills fans have shown for him.

They have donated more than $315,000 to Oishei Children’s Hospital in memory of Patricia Allen.

“My family is forever engraved, myself included,” said Allen, a California native, per ESPN. “I don’t ever want to leave. I want to play here for as long as I can and give back to this community and Bills Mafia.”

How’s that for a feel-good story?

•  
  • Like (+1) 1