What would it take for you to trade Josh?

elijah

I don't make threads often, and when I do typically it's a well-written article but this time I'm just posing a question that I'm curious to see where Bills fans stand on. 

I have a group chat with a bunch of my friends who also happen to be diehard Bills fans. 

I asked the question, who would you trade Josh Allen for? My answer is that the only player in the league I trade Josh Allen for right now would be Pat Mahomes straight up (I'm aware the Chiefs wouldn't do that). One of my friends argued back that they would trade Josh for Russell straight up as well, with the age difference I disagree, but I could see where the argument could be made. 

Where this thread is stemming from, two of my friends in the group said that they would consider Kyler Murray for Josh Allen straight up, and I simply can not justify that to myself. I understand that Kyler is hot right now, but Josh just seems to have the more complete game. 

A side note to this, where would you rank Josh in the league for quarterback play THIS SEASON. For myself, there's a first tier of Rodgers, Wilson and Mahomes. After that there's a second tier consisting of names like Watson, Murray, Tannehill, Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Brady, Brees, Josh and etc. But even within that second tier, I would personally take Josh over the rest of the names I listed. Josh is currently my QB4 in the league.

Normally I'm not a homer and can see where this may sound biased, so I'm curious to see what this board thinks of this.

So, who/what, if anyone/package, would you trade Josh for and where does he rank among your quarterback's this season? 

Not one other player. Not 2 other players. Not 10 other players. Listen... it is the hardest thing in sports to land a true, hall-of-fame-caliber franchise QB. Even harder to land one who loves his team, teammates, and community the way JA loves this team. Every player and coach in the organization would storm the gates of hell with this kid. There aren’t enough talented players or picks to trade that could replace what JA brings to this organization. 
who knows.... maybe in a year or two I am singing a different tune because he got lazy or cocky or regressed terribly but I just don’t see any of those things happening. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Pure hypothetical, because that makes this more fun.

The Bills and Saints have completed a trade: 

Saints receive: 

Josh Allen,  QB 

Bills receive: 

2021 1st round pick

2022 1st round pick

2022 3rd round pick 

2024 1st round pick

Alvin Kamara, RB

Andrus Peat, G 

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No one, not even Mahomes. Josh is the perfect QB for Buffalo!  The relationship between this QB and this coach/team/city/fanbase is special. Maybe it would have been with Mahomes too (he also seems like a great guy), but Josh wanted to be drafted by Buffalo. He's humble, small town, blue-collar. His story: the struggle to get to play college ball, let alone getting to the NFL. He's had to work for everything he has. Playing in the cold and weather on a bad Wyoming team. His need for redemption, to prove himself. The list goes on. It is just a match that I would never mess with.

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 18
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Although Josh may not be as talented as some other players out there, he is a perfect fit for the Bills.  He completely embraced the culture from day 1.  You can't put a price on that.  We've watched him grow to the player he is now.  I would never trade him.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3