Just listened to diggs interview today...

Hebert19

13 hours ago, Mango said:

What did I miss in MN? Prayer circle? 

I guess so... if that was the case, I’d go out for a cup of coffee and meet back up afterwards, I’m not anti religion but having some guys version of it forced on you would be unacceptable in any job environment. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

I guess so... if that was the case, I’d go out for a cup of coffee and meet back up afterwards, I’m not anti religion but having some guys version of it forced on you would be unacceptable in any job environment. 

Religion (or lack there of) is everybody's personal journey, I don't really care. I do always think religion in sports is odd. Two teams pray, one team wins and believes god helped them. Did god not help the other one? Why is god influencing football games and not famine and/or disease? I had a weird moment last week where I saw Big Ben thanking god after the win. So much to unpack there. Of all things god could be doing Sunday afternoon, I hope helping Ben Roethlisberger win a football game is not one of them. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Man.  He might be the best interview I can remember for a bills player. Super personable.  Articulate.  And sincere. All while giving props to his entire team.  

Good dude.   We are lucky to have him.  

He is a sharp dude, a legit talent, a positive influence, and pushes guys around him to up their game. I never realized just how tough he is as a player - I have seen several teams really go out of their way to lay some shots on him. I know that a lot of those shots had to hurt, but Diggs grits it out and pops back up to burn them again.

He just wants to win and I am more than willing to forgive a player that cares enough about winning to sometimes show that he hates that they are losing. I think teams have to have some really competitive players to succeed, not just athletically gifted players. He treats this team and his teammates as family.

Not sure what the deal was in MN and frankly I don't really care, I just know that he is a good fit here and I am glad we have him on our team.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mango said:

Religion (or lack there of) is everybody's personal journey, I don't really care. I do always think religion in sports is odd. Two teams pray, one team wins and believes god helped them. Did god not help the other one? Why is god influencing football games and not famine and/or disease? I had a weird moment last week where I saw Big Ben thanking god after the win. So much to unpack there. Of all things god could be doing Sunday afternoon, I hope helping Ben Roethlisberger win a football game is not one of them. 

Ya got that right, “God” is used by lots of folk for spiritual enrichment, and that’s fine, others use “God” for manipulation of others for  various unsavory reasons. 

38 minutes ago, Mango said:

Religion (or lack there of) is everybody's personal journey, I don't really care. I do always think religion in sports is odd. Two teams pray, one team wins and believes god helped them. Did god not help the other one? Why is god influencing football games and not famine and/or disease? I had a weird moment last week where I saw Big Ben thanking god after the win. So much to unpack there. Of all things god could be doing Sunday afternoon, I hope helping Ben RAPElisberger win a football game is not one of them. 

FTFY...he is human garbage.  Hands down.  Sorry but it is what it is......

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/11/2020 at 1:38 PM, Hebert19 said:

Man.  He might be the best interview I can remember for a bills player. Super personable.  Articulate.  And sincere. All while giving props to his entire team.  

Good dude.   We are lucky to have him.  

And then today there was this from Diggs Insta today:

image.thumb.png.fef151a4f8497cf3d3af7e680474cf56.png

And I got to say - if he can be open a foot off to his side and 2 feet over his head - he pretty much IS 4ever open!

• Like (+1) 3

On 11/12/2020 at 1:55 PM, Mango said:

My perspective is that of a retired pastor and a Christian believer.  I agree that praying for a team to win because you're a fan of that team is a sign of an immature faith.  I have been a Bills fan for 51 years, a bout 2 years longer than I've been a Christian believer, and have not once prayed that the Bills might win.  If I pray anything to do with football, it is that players avoid injury as much as possible and heal completely when they are injured.  I think for the players themselves it is legitimate that they pray that they might be able to give their best.  They also might pray that God would help them keep their temper in the heat of the game and respect other players even while playing as hard as they can.  

• Like (+1) 5

33 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

My perspective is that of a retired pastor and a Christian believer.  I agree that praying for a team to win because you're a fan of that team is a sign of an immature faith.  I have been a Bills fan for 51 years, a bout 2 years longer than I've been a Christian believer, and have not once prayed that the Bills might win.  If I pray anything to do with football, it is that players avoid injury as much as possible and heal completely when they are injured.  I think for the players themselves it is legitimate that they pray that they might be able to give their best.  They also might pray that God would help them keep their temper in the heat of the game and respect other players even while playing as hard as they can.  

Good post. I believe this is the majority of how athletes pray in sports. 

So I wanted to bump this back up because I just listened to his most recent interview and it was another good one. I gotta say that out of the usual guys who do the interviews his are by far my favorite. Very insightful about both himself and Josh/the team and he's just fun to listen too. I am so glad he is a Bill.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, SomeDudeAtHome said:

So I wanted to bump this back up because I just listened to his most recent interview and it was another good one. I gotta say that out of the usual guys who do the interviews his are by far my favorite. Very insightful about both himself and Josh/the team and he's just fun to listen too. I am so glad he is a Bill.

I watched his interview this afternoon - always one of the best ones of the week 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, SomeDudeAtHome said:

Def. a must watch

One point, if we remember the INT in the NE game where Josh threw nowhere near Diggs and some were saying "bad throw", in that interview today Diggs confirmed that was his fault, that he "sat it down" when he had the guy beat and should have kept running.  About 10:20 in.

• Like (+1) 4

• 2 weeks later...

A little bit resurrectionist

Diggs was on "Pod Squad" this week with Maddy Glab and Kim Pegula

Stefon Diggs opens up about Buffalo. (buffalobills.com)

Got to love this:

He is not a morning person

Diggs used this fun fact as an example of why Buffalo has been a perfect fit. "Every day we wake up in the morning, even when I'm grumpy, Josh wakes up pushing me and says, 'Let's go,' has got all the positive energy in the world," he said. "Because I'm not really a morning person. Then you see Coach Daboll walk up to me, he says, 'Did you get some sleep last night?. 

"… I love being around them. They kind of push life into me when I don't have it and I do the same thing. When we get out on the football field, I always make sure I give them a little extra umph on the back end just because they bothered me in the morning."

😂😂😂

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/11/2020 at 10:22 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It is just possible that last year's Superbowl teams both feature elite TE for good reason

Titans last year were more of a run team, but Jonnu Smith contributed a reliable 80% catch rate when called upon.

That's not to mention the blocking.

Look, I like a lot of what I've seen from Knox as a player and he seems to be a good person from what we know.  But you want to give him two more years to develop?  Four years total?  He was a 3rd round pick.  Those are the guys who at the least, you expect to have contributing by their 2nd year.  Under the CBA, in four years you have to be deciding "do I want to re-sign this guy and for what?"

Four years to develop is what you give to the UDFA and late rounders who fill out the practice squad or play special teams with occasional chances to sub in for a starter and show what they got.

most TE's not from Iowa need longer to develop. Look at history of 1st rounders. Most fail, or when they finally do well are on their second teams.

• 1 month later...

I gotta bump this.   For those who haven't listened to his interview today its a must listen.   His answers around MLK day and why he thinks it's a good fit in buffalo are next level.   Such a smart dude...well spoken and transparent.  

Lets gooooo!

• Like (+1) 1

It's funny that he had something of a reputation (I thought at least) of being your typical disgruntled prima donna WR at Minnesota.  Like he couldn't be made happy and was a bad influence in the locker room or whatever.

He seems the total opposite of any of that in Buffalo.

Model player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

I gotta bump this.   For those who haven't listened to his interview today its a must listen.   His answers around MLK day and why he thinks it's a good fit in buffalo are next level.   Such a smart dude...well spoken and transparent.  

Lets gooooo!

I came here to bump this up after listening to it today. Once again Diggs had the most entertaining interview. I look forward to his interviews every week.