Just listened to diggs interview today...

Hebert19

Digging (get it?) into that Minnesota situation.. it's really unfortunate that it was portrayed in the media the way it was and he ended up with that reputation. It's hard to shake. 

A lot of fragile egos and unreasonable people were involved. Some really ridiculous things that put people in awkward situations and when they don't do what certain people want off the field.. those people start making things on the field part of their grudge. 

Bottom line, he wants to win and get better. He's not shy about talking about what's wrong whether it's him or someone else. I can speak from experiencer, I want the guy who tells me to my face that I screwed up over the guy who is silent about it or only talks to other people about what I did wrong. Some folks in Minnesota preferred pretending they didn't make mistakes. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Digging (get it?) into that Minnesota situation.. it's really unfortunate that it was portrayed in the media the way it was and he ended up with that reputation. It's hard to shake. 

A lot of fragile egos and unreasonable people were involved. Some really ridiculous things that put people in awkward situations and when they don't do what certain people want off the field.. those people start making things on the field part of their grudge. 

Bottom line, he wants to win and get better. He's not shy about talking about what's wrong whether it's him or someone else. I can speak from experiencer, I want the guy who tells me to my face that I screwed up over the guy who is silent about it or only talks to other people about what I did wrong. Some folks in Minnesota preferred pretending they didn't make mistakes. 

All we can really do is speculate. Diggs has said over and over that he has nothing against Cousins and the Vikings organization. The Vikings said over and over that they were happy with Diggs and would keep him. It took a huge haul of draft picks to pry him away from them.

In my opinion the media made it a bigger issue than it actually was. Surely there was some squabbling and issues, but I doubt it was anything like how the media built it up to be. And I bet Diggs and Cousins are on good terms.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

His comments about Beasely are a better representation of who he is, and what kind of team mate he is, than any of the rumors from Minnesota.

"Cole Beasley is always open. I want to make sure you guys see that, watch the film. Cole Beasley is always open. Gotta give him a shout out"

• Like (+1) 10

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

All we can really do is speculate. Diggs has said over and over that he has nothing against Cousins and the Vikings organization. The Vikings said over and over that they were happy with Diggs and would keep him. It took a huge haul of draft picks to pry him away from them.

In my opinion the media made it a bigger issue than it actually was. Surely there was some squabbling and issues, but I doubt it was anything like how the media built it up to be. And I bet Diggs and Cousins are on good terms.

I guess that depends on what 'good terms' are...are they not sniping at each other? Sure. Cousins isn't getting a Christmas Card for Diggs, that's for sure. The sh*t with the prayer meetings should never have been allowed. 

51 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Man.  He might be the best interview I can remember for a bills player. Super personable.  Articulate.  And sincere. All while giving props to his entire team.  

Good dude.   We are lucky to have him.  

Agree, he's very well-spoken!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Man.  He might be the best interview I can remember for a bills player. Super personable.  Articulate.  And sincere. All while giving props to his entire team.  

Good dude.   We are lucky to have him.  

On a personal note about Diggs, he is easy to listen to.

He has to be an asset in the locker room.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I guess that depends on what 'good terms' are...are they not sniping at each other? Sure. Cousins isn't getting a Christmas Card for Diggs, that's for sure. The sh*t with the prayer meetings should never have been allowed. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he DID send him a Christmas card. I have no reason to believe they are not friends.

People fight and then make up all the time.

13 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I love everything about Diggs, he really was that last elite piece needed to have everything fall right in place for the offense. 

I keep hoping for a Gronk-type Tight End to compliment those wideouts.  Or even a Mark Andrews type, good route runner, sure hands.  No one in the TE room is that guy.  That's the missing piece for me.  Oh and a LG/RG that can stay healthy.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

His comments about Beasely are a better representation of who he is, and what kind of team mate he is, than any of the rumors from Minnesota.

"Cole Beasley is always open. I want to make sure you guys see that, watch the film. Cole Beasley is always open. Gotta give him a shout out"

Was that in today's interview?  I missed it.

3 minutes ago, wjag said:

I keep hoping for a Gronk-type Tight End to compliment those wideouts.  Or even a Mark Andrews type, good route runner, sure hands.  No one in the TE room is that guy.  That's the missing piece for me.  Oh and a LG/RG that can stay healthy.

Tieing threads together, but I transcribed McD's comments on Knox in another thread. 

Judge for yourself - for that matter judge for yourself that it's an accurate transcript - but it seems pretty clear to me that Knox has been put on notice that he needs to "shape up or (be) ship(ped) out":

McD: (speaking very firmly and brusquely) "Right.  It's in his control. He has the ability, as you said...... But at the end of the day you've got to get the job done and Dawson is very well aware of that.  He has the skill.  And we've got..we feel like.. at a minimum, 7 more games in the regular season, and I can't wait to watch him and his career take off through the next seven games"

Knox is an elite blocker and an elite runner with the ball in his hands for a tight end...its the stuff in the middle that needs work.  

If Josh can make the jumps he has im still optimistic with knox

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Was that in today's interview?  I missed it.

Tieing threads together, but I transcribed McD's comments on Knox in another thread. 

Judge for yourself - for that matter judge for yourself that it's an accurate transcript - but it seems pretty clear to me that Knox has been put on notice that he needs to "shape up or (be) ship(ped) out":

McD: (speaking very firmly and brusquely) "Right.  It's in his control. He has the ability, as you said...... But at the end of the day you've got to get the job done and Dawson is very well aware of that.  He has the skill.  And we've got..we feel like.. at a minimum, 7 more games in the regular season, and I can't wait to watch him and his career take off through the next seven games"

Great quote. 

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

I missed this last, and google isn't enlightening me.  Can you say more?

12 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Knox is an elite blocker and an elite runner with the ball in his hands for a tight end...its the stuff in the middle that needs work.  

If Josh can make the jumps he has im still optimistic with knox

Knox is at best, an inconsistent blocker.  He appears to me to have improved this year, but he still misses critical blocks on a regular basis and I'm not talking "he isn't stout", I'm talking he just whiffs.  That miss on Adams that led to a Josh Allen sack was just brutal.  Adams p'wned him.

Elite runners with the ball in their hands don't fumble.  Allen is not an elite runner at this point, because he fumbles too much. 

Knox is the same as a receiver: he can be totally legit, but he can also be maddeningly inconsistent.

Patience is a virtue, and young players need time to develop but as McDermott said, "at the end of the day, you've got to get the job done".

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I missed this last, and google isn't enlightening me.  Can you say more?

Long story, short. Cousins holds some sort of prayer get togethers in team facilities (and has a history of openly advocating for his teammates to share his beliefs) and Diggs wasn't interested (Diggs seems to be religious though). Cousins didn't like it and that supposedly exasperated the situation when Diggs would tell cousins he made an error. Not the prime reason for the fallout, but in my own opinion one that probably could have been avoided all together with some common sense. 

If you're really interested some searches on the Purple Pain forums will lead you to the threads from last season where this all was discussed. 

Edited by jeremy2020