Anyone ever get bullied in school?

Another Fan

Yep.  I actually looked him up on Facebook and yep....he's in a "motorcycle" gang and gives the middle finger in his pics.  

I got tired of him bullying me so I fought him on the bus.  He was much bigger and 3 years older so he whooped me.  He put his knee on the back of my neck and then the bus driver pulled over and got him off of me.  She sent us directly to the Principals office.  

He was getting all over us and that's when I knew I wasn't afraid of him anymore.  He was crying like a baby being yelled at.  I was cool, my dad yelled at me all the time so I was used to it.

After that he then became my "friend" and stopped bullying me.  Then a little bit later when the neighborhood kids were playing with squirt guns, he filled his up with pee.  I quit hanging out with him after that.

I got along pretty well with everyone in School. But I did have one kid who tried bullying me, and eventually got a few of his friends to join in. 

Then I got into a fight with the kid that was bullying me. That ended it. The kid never came back to school (dropped out) after our 1 week suspension (for fighting in school) and the other few kids stopped calling me names after that.

I found out about 5 years ago that the kid who bullied me is gay, but still mostly in the closet (afaik).

I was bullied in school once.  Some kid called me obtuse one day in math class because I had problems with geometry.  So what if I didn't know what an angle greater than 90 degrees was called? Thats no excuse for insults. 

Every day for the next 8 years I made his life hell for it.  Spit balls, pantsings, atomic wedgies, threw all his clothes in the toilet during gym class so he had to wear school issued overalls like a loser.  He wound up switching schools in shame.  Point is, you gotta stand up to bullies!

• Haha (+1) 2

I graduated in 91.  My one friend went to St Joes, told me this story of this kid always picking on this weaker kid.  This went on for awhile I guess.  One of the teachers found out about and told the bully he is waiting for him out in the parking lot after school and he is going to kick his a**.  Said lets see how you do fighting against someone your own size.  After school my told me the teacher was waiting for the kid out in the parking lot, word got around school what was going down & there was quite a crowd there too.  The teacher even got on a megaphone and was calling the kid out,  the bully refuse to leave the school.  & guess what, my friend said the bully never picked on the other kid again.

IToday's society coddles kids.  I fear for the future.  

the school bully was much different in the 60's and 70's. in my case, I was bullied by some brothers, three in all, while on the walk home from school. most of the time a bloody lip or bloody nose was the gist of it and it wasn't long before I started to grow up and they eased up as they didn't take kindly to an ass kicking and eventually the bullying was out grown.

today, for some odd reason, kids are committing suicide from posts on the internet, internet bullying. crazy. 

too bad those kids today couldn't take to heart the old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me".

instead, they allow some coward of a kid who hides behind the internet to hurt them to the point of no return, again, crazy.

this is a crazy world we live in today. 

On 11/11/2020 at 1:08 PM, Another Fan said:

I’m out of touch with today’s generation of kids but sometimes I think about kids who might relish virtual learning.  I probably woulda been one, being bullied that is.

In high school I got stuffed in a locker a few times and had it bad on bus rides home from school.  Enough so I’d hide out in the library/bathroom for hours.  Eventually I somewhat confronted it though.  

Sorry if this thread comes off depressing.  Go Bills 

I dealt with bullying up until 8th grade.  I was raised by a single mom (prior to that being so common) and was basically told we’d lose everything we owned if I got into a fight and we got sued.  I was often the smartest boy in class, had curly hair and wouldn’t fight.  You couldn’t draw up a better mark.  Oddly the result of her efforts was to ensure that I was bullied constantly and in fights increasingly.  Also oddly I was a surprisingly good fighter when it came to that.

In 7th grade a little ***** got into it and it took forever for me to finally grab him and drive him into the ground, cracking his rib.  Then part 2, which I knew was coming, happened.  Bigger kids went after me because I hurt a smaller kid.  Why really didn’t matter.  Finally I lost my ***** on my mom in 8th grade.  Nothing physical, I just screamed at her and told her all of my problems with fights were her fault. She said “Do what you need to do.”

So what precipitated that was a 7th grader getting in my face that day.  Our school was only 7th and 8th grades and even though he was a grade behind me he was the biggest kid in that school.  But thank god he was slow.  I literally ducked his punches they were so slow and I hit him in the face after just about every one.  A teacher finally pulled me off of him.  I really don’t think I actually hurt him all that much, but it looked really one sided.  And that was pretty much it.  I had some occasional issues come up but nothing I didn’t handle.

Epilogue:  I took up tae kwon do in college and would up taking third in my state in full contact USTU fighting (lightweight).  Prior to that, just before I got my black belt, I took third fighting collegiate full contact.  So it eventually worked out for me. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This is just a reminder that children, generally speaking, are evil little demons.

I think back to growing up mostly through grade school and how we all behaved and treated one another.

A bunch of Catholic kids, too, at a private school.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.