PFF mid season all pro team

ILBillsfan

1 hour ago, ILBillsfan said:

I know I know it't PFF but a there is a Buffalo Bill on this list and it's probably a person that has been overlooked this year.  Nope not Allen, Diggs or Poyer its Daryl Williams.  Great off season signing by the Bills has really been playing outstanding this year.  I really think Diggs has been overlooked some and should of been named to at least the second team as well but there are a lot of great receivers just odd to see the rookie Jefferson(who the vikings drafted to replace Diggs) on the second team.

Still a good read and I do put much more weight on their line grades than some of the others. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-2020-midseason-all-pro-team

I swear, they assert to be an analytics-driven service but they must come up with these lists to generate controversy. 

Diggs has the most receptions and the most receiving yards.  If they think Allen is inconsistent at this point and had 50% good, 50% bad games, that only makes Diggs all the more impressive. First team, or their list is a joke.

At some point you have to pay attention to what players actually produce on the field over your super duper "should have caught" "should have been an interception" slice-em-and-dice-em metrics.  And if your metrics aren't predictive of what actually happens on the field...maybe you need new metrics.

Curious why you put weight on their line grades?  Ever since I heard Eric Wood expound on them a few years back, I give them little to no weight.

I agree that Williams has been playing outstanding this year, but not because PFF says so.

I know I know it't PFF but a there is a Buffalo Bill on this list and it's probably a person that has been overlooked this year.  Nope not Allen, Diggs or Poyer its Daryl Williams.  Great off season signing by the Bills has really been playing outstanding this year.  I really think Diggs has been overlooked some and should of been named to at least the second team as well but there are a lot of great receivers just odd to see the rookie Jefferson(who the vikings drafted to replace Diggs) on the second team.

Still a good read and I do put much more weight on their line grades than some of the others. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-2020-midseason-all-pro-team

So.........the Vikings might not think they got their grapes squeezed by Beane?:o

Preposterous!!

Jefferson has a significantly higher yards per reception,  completion percentage and of course less drops.

Diggs has had the dropsies and while he has caught a lot of 20+ passes that is a bit of a misleading stat.......he hasn't been a deep threat like he was last year in Minnesota(which was the only year he was a big deep threat really).

As good as Diggs is at what he does......getting open quick in short and intermediate routes........he really needs a field stretcher opposite him or he can be turned into a low ypc receiver.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Curious why you put weight on their line grades?  Ever since I heard Eric Wood expound on them a few years back, I give them little to no weight.

I agree that Williams has been playing outstanding this year, but not because PFF says so.

I just think there is a lot less variables that are in play.  Sure you have stunts and maybe blitz pick ups that an outside observer may not know the assignments but they keyed on run blocking as being the thing that put him above the others.  They use penalties  as well and off the top of my head I can only think of two (1 FS and 1 holding).  Pressure from his side has been non existent as he is doing a great job of funneling the defender out around Josh.  He does lack in speed on any pulling plays but once he engages a defensive player he wins.  

I can only think of one play where he missed an assignment from a couple weeks ago but he has been solid week in and week out.  

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So.........the Vikings might not think they got their grapes squeezed by Beane?:o

Most trades take place because they're perceived to be to the advantage of both parties.  I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

The Houston-AZ trade for Hopkins would be a rare exception where the Texans clearly got rooked.

The Vikings had a poor cap situation.  They have an experienced veteran QB who can work with a rookie and a top veteran WR who can mentor him.

The Bills had cap space and a young QB in a building offense.  They needed an experienced veteran WR who could elevate the room and help educate the QB.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's what I call "the DK double".

Drafted Ford instead of DK Metcalf and Ford's disappointing play at RT pushed the non-tackle-versatile Teller down the depth chart........facilitating the trade.

Consequences of reaching for need at a position of lesser value early in a draft.

I don’t recall you calling for the drafting of Metcalf...quite the opposite, actually.  But never let an opportunity go by to get a dig in at Beane and McD!  It’s what you do.  Must be difficult seeing all of your previous criticisms go by the wayside, one by one....

• Like (+1) 6

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

Josh behind Cam the Scam is an absolute joke. One of many, I suppose.  Yes, garbage indeed. 

The people still trying to herald cam are getting to be amusing. Sometimes, I make the mistake of going to pft and watched their show with florio and the other talking about what an amazing performance cam had against the Jets... like really? I watched that game and while he was completing passes... nothing about that performance was something I'd look at and be like, 'We're ok at QB'

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Most trades take place because they're perceived to be to the advantage of both parties.  I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

The Houston-AZ trade for Hopkins would be a rare exception where the Texans clearly got rooked.

The Vikings had a poor cap situation.  They have an experienced veteran QB who can work with a rookie and a top veteran WR who can mentor him.

The Bills had cap space and a young QB in a building offense.  They needed an experienced veteran WR who could elevate the room and help educate the QB.

Usually when trading disgruntled, highly paid vets one side appears to swindle the other initially.........then it turns out one-sided for at least one of the parties.......so gotta' disagree.

If Beane had made the Vikings end of the deal the topic here would be "Great deal........or Best Deal Ever".:lol:

We know this because that was the sentiment from many here after the Bills traded the Mahomes pick for a coupla' ones.

Ultimately it's just a swap of good WR's.........nothing franchise altering.........no real loser in the trade but the outlook for Minnesota's end is brighter and a lot cheaper.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Usually when trading disgruntled, highly paid vets one side appears to swindle the other initially.........then it turns out one-sided for at least one of the parties.......so gotta' disagree.

If Beane had made the Vikings end of the deal the topic here would be "Great deal........or Best Deal Ever".:lol:

We know this because that was the sentiment from many here after the Bills traded the Mahomes pick for a coupla' ones.

Ultimately it's just a swap of good WR's.........nothing franchise altering.........no real loser in the trade but the outlook for Minnesota's end is brighter and a lot cheaper.

We disagree here.  I think the Bills got exactly what they needed right now to assist Allen's development and the development in the WR room, and in that regard, it at least has the potential to be franchise altering. 

And while I'm sure there would be some who thought it was a great deal, I don't think most in Minn have forgotten Diggs or decided it was a great deal quite yet, even though Jefferson is developing as an excellent player.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Preposterous!!

Jefferson has a significantly higher yards per reception,  completion percentage and of course less drops.

Diggs has had the dropsies and while he has caught a lot of 20+ passes that is a bit of a misleading stat.......he hasn't been a deep threat like he was last year in Minnesota(which was the only year he was a big deep threat really).

As good as Diggs is at what he does......getting open quick in short and intermediate routes........he really needs a field stretcher opposite him or he can be turned into a low ypc receiver.

I’m really impressed at how easily you make Diggs sound like JAG. 

You sir should write professionally. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Diggs works for us very well. He’s the best WR we’ve had in years. His presence alone commands respect from opposition. Hes worth the pick. The outlook for Minnesota isnt brighter - theyre 3-5 and we’re 7-2. Thats franchise altering. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

So the league leader in receptions and yards isn’t even on the 2nd team? Seems rather ridiculous to me

It is so blatant it calls into question any of the players they selected.

It must have been their advanced metric where Diggs cuts left in a route by .03 seconds slower than to the right when the CB is left handed and the grass is cut to 1.38 inches.

1 hour ago, chknwing334 said:

Diggs isn't even a runner up on this list?

1) Drops
2) YAC

3) YPC

Looking at metrics, he’s not producing outstanding results.   Keep in mind Robert Foster would have been a top 5 WR for the last 6 games of 2018.

I definitely agree Diggs is being overlooked as well as Poyer

Right, having Diggs has been awesome, and he’s been a stud. I think there are 6-10 guys who could fill those 4 slots. So I am not too upset that Diggs didn’t make that this. I could make an argument for all of them, just not Justin Jefferson. He’s been a surprise but not top 4 elite. 

Poyer on the other hand isn’t getting enough credit for keeping this defense operating/trending back towards average. He has been everywhere, the glue. 

• Like (+1) 1

agree but I think we can all agree he has been pretty solid at RT compared to last year the rotation of Ford and Neshke.  Good to see some recognition and it's even better when it's form the hated PFF group :)

1 hour ago, Augie said:

When you rarely notice a guy on the OLine, that’s a very good thing. What a pleasant find after so much struggling at that position! 

I think hes a must sign after this season.  I know the cap is going to drop, but it has been such a struggle to find an RT over the years.  It would be well worth it

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

PFF is absolutely garbage.  

Is this full season thus far?

Trubisky, Goff, Darnold, Rivers, Cam on any list of 2020 positives is simply a joke irrespective of Allen.  How are those guys ahead of Ben R, Murray, Brees?