Antonio Brown trade to Bills fell apart due to Jordan Poyer??

Big Turk

Not sure if this was posted but I came across this on the internet...apparently the trade for Antonio Brown to the Bills fell apart because Antonio Brown slept with Jordan Poyer's wife before the wedding...

Rachel Bush, Poyer's wife confirmed this was true...and apparently the trade for Brown ended up not working out over that. Kinda crazy if this trade that fell through had nothing to do with football related reasons...although it likely worked out for the best in the end.

https://blacksportsonline.com/2019/03/rumor-antonio-brown-to-bills-trade-fell-apart-because-of-he-slept-with-bills-safety-jordan-poyers-wife-rachel-bush-before-the-wedding-pics-vids-ig-tweets/2/

34 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Not sure if this was posted but I came across this on the internet...apparently the trade for Antonio Brown to the Bills fell apart because Antonio Brown slept with Jordan Poyer's wife before the wedding...

Rachel Bush, Poyer's wife confirmed this was true...and apparently the trade for Brown ended up not working out over that. Kinda crazy if this trade that fell through had nothing to do with football related reasons...although it likely worked out for the best in the end.

https://blacksportsonline.com/2019/03/rumor-antonio-brown-to-bills-trade-fell-apart-because-of-he-slept-with-bills-safety-jordan-poyers-wife-rachel-bush-before-the-wedding-pics-vids-ig-tweets/2/

I feel like we had a few threads about it this when the trade fell apart.

19 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

This is old news about Rachel Bush, and there's absolutely nothing saying it's the reason the trade didn't happen. 

Far more likely is that in addition to the picks, Brown wanted a big contract renegotiation and Beane wasn't down with his numbers, and that AB didn't want to play in B'lo unless we REALLY made it worth his while.  Because we know that Brown DID get a big contract from Oakland and there were tweets between Brown and his Agent about not wanting to play in Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Bush admitted to cheating before the wedding...

Just find this as an interesting side story to what would have to be considered "almost Bills history"

This is just my opinion: I think it's crappy to dredge this up.  There was a dust-up in summer of 2018 when Poyer apparently cheated on Bush and the two went back and forth a minute on Twitter, ending with a gentlemanly "I'm going to work to put things right" tweet from Poyer that just may have benefited from teammate advice (Lorax, I'm looking at you).

That was two years ago; the AB story was even further back.  The Poyers got married at a young age when Bush got pregnant and they have a young daughter.  Judging by their social media, they have put all this behind them, got their act together, and are happy and loving and having fun and being good parents.

I think it's highly to be commended that they worked through it and are raising their daughter together because this day and age, it's all too common that couples split up over the first thing that goes wrong instead of understanding what a family can bring to your life and that to get that value, like anything else both sides have to put in the work.

Again, just my opinion, but when a couple with a lot of celebrity and public attention and opportunity (to blow up their family), choose to focus on it and "grow up" around it, I think that deserves some public support.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I feel like we had a few threads about it this when the trade fell apart.

Yes, we did, and the overall conclusion at the time was that the trade likely fell apart for monetary reasons and for player preference (wanted bright lights/big city).

And I'm glad it did because my God, what a head case.  In terms of the value he brings to the team as a teammate and a leader, AB isn't fit to carry Digg's jock and the on-field contribution ain't too shabby as well.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, we did, and the overall conclusion at the time was that the trade likely fell apart for monetary reasons and for player preference (wanted bright lights/big city).

And I'm glad it did because my God, what a head case.  In terms of the value he brings to the team as a teammate and a leader, AB isn't fit to carry Digg's jock and the on-field contribution ain't too shabby as well.

Yea, from the leaked tape from his agent, I got the impression he wanted an improved contract. Beane told them no shot so they backed out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is old news about Rachel Bush, and there's absolutely nothing saying it's the reason the trade didn't happen. 

Far more likely is that in addition to the picks, Brown wanted a big contract renegotiation and Beane wasn't down with his numbers, and that AB didn't want to play in B'lo unless we REALLY made it worth his while.  Because we know that Brown DID get a big contract from Oakland and there were tweets between Brown and his Agent about not wanting to play in Buffalo.

This is just my opinion: I think it's crappy to dredge this up.  There was a dust-up in summer of 2018 when Poyer apparently cheated on Bush and the two went back and forth a minute on Twitter, ending with a gentlemanly "I'm going to work to put things right" tweet from Poyer that just may have benefited from teammate advice (Lorax, I'm looking at you).

That was two years ago; the AB story was even further back.  The Poyers got married at a young age when Bush got pregnant and they have a young daughter.  Judging by their social media, they have put all this behind them, got their act together, and are happy and loving and having fun and being good parents.

I think it's highly to be commended that they worked through it and are raising their daughter together because this day and age, it's all too common that couples split up over the first thing that goes wrong instead of understanding what a family can bring to your life and that to get that value, like anything else both sides have to put in the work.

Again, just my opinion, but when a couple with a lot of celebrity and public attention and opportunity (to blow up their family), choose to focus on it and "grow up" around it, I think that deserves some public support.

Micah Hyde and Tre White were also pretty influential in Poyer’s decision-making that offseason. Related to this and to his decision not to hold out for a new deal.