Allen is the second most blitzed QB in the NFL after Daniel Jones

Big Turk

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Makes sense the Ravens last season and Chiefs this season have had some success against Josh using the blitz. So it is not shocking other teams have decided to blitz more. 

Except that was Then, this is Now.  Josh has been eating blitzes this year.

Mark Gaughan article about how the Seahawks fared with their blitzing:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/analysis-bills-josh-allen-gives-blitzing-defenses-more-to-worry-about/article_544d02f2-22af-11eb-b988-fb754440edcc.html

Allen saw the second-most blitzes in a game in his career – 26 – and he chewed them up.

Allen was 15 of 20 for 197 yards and two touchdowns with no interceptions and three sacks vs. Seattle pass rushes of five or more men, according to Buffalo News charting. That’s a passer rating of 138.9, his best ever vs. the blitz.

For the season, Allen is completing 66% of his passes vs. the blitz for 8.5 yards per attempt, eight touchdowns, one interceptions and a passer rating of 116.2

Adams, the star safety acquired from the New York Jets, rushed the passer 12 times and made 1.5 sacks. But Allen still was effective when Adams rushed, completing 7 of 9 for 96 yards on those plays.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Josh was with Wilson for a few seconds after the game and although I knew he was ‘bigger’, I was surprised at the differential in height and size.  He looked like a giant and I think those extra inches will be a big help in identifying and handling the blitz packages.

This guy is just getting going.  

It can all happen this year.

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

seems weird though when the titans had a lot more success basically playing coverage against him instead. 

The Jets (granted not a defensive juggernaut) tried to do that and they got picked apart. Granted the Bills committed some bad penalties and mistakes in the redzone which led to an insane amount of field goals. 

3 hours ago, hemma said:

Josh was with Wilson for a few seconds after the game and although I knew he was ‘bigger’, I was surprised at the differential in height and size.  He looked like a giant and I think those extra inches will be a big help in identifying and handling the blitz packages.

This guy is just getting going.  

It can all happen this year.

The difference is quite a lot. 

download.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1