Just some positive stats/rankings for a Tuesday afternoon

folz

I was looking at the league standings and decided to scan down the "Points For" category to see where we were...and then I just poked around the stats for some other notable numbers:

The Bills are currently in 7th place in points scored (across the league) with 242 points. But Atlanta (243), New Orleans (244) Tampa Bay (250), and Green Bay (253) are all within reach. We are only 11 points out of the third place spot. KC (286) and Seattle (274) are in a league of their own right now.

The Bills are 2nd place in points scored in the AFC (behind only KC).

Josh is 3rd in passing yards in the league right now (behind only Mahomes and Matt Ryan---just ahead of Wilson).

Josh is (league-wide) 6th place in completions, 6th place in completion percentage (0.689), and 6th in passing TDs.

If you include rushing TDs for QBs, then Josh is tied for third in total TDs by QBs with Rodgers and Murray (each with 24). Only Wilson (29) and Mahomes (27) are better.

Stefon Diggs is 1st in the league in both receptions and receiving yards (63 for 813). He's on pace for 112 receptions and 1,445 yards.

Andre Roberts is 2nd in kickoff return yards and 3rd in punt return yards on the year.

Jordan Poyer is 8th place in total tackles across the league.

11/25 UPDATE: I thought that I would update this post, now that the Bills have had their bye week, so the numbers for all teams (except Car and TB who haven't had their byes) are for the same number of games (and therefore not giving the Bills inflated numbers).

Points scored (NFL): The Bills are now in 11th place (but only 7 points out of 9th place)

Points scored (AFC): The Bills are in 6th place

Josh is in 6th place in passing yards league-wide (just 12 yards behind Watson and 18 yards behind Rodgers)

Josh is 8th in completions, 8th in completion %, and 8th in passing TDs

Josh is 5th in total TDs (QBs, rush/pass)

Stefon is 2nd in receptions (behind only Keenan Allen) and 2nd in receiving yards (only 6 yards behind DeAndre Hopkins).

Andre Roberts is still 2nd in KO return yards and is now 4th in punt return yards

Poyer is 12th in total tackles, but 6th in solo tackles

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

1 hour ago, folz said:

I was looking at the league standings and decided to scan down the "Points For" category to see where we were...and then I just poked around the stats for some other notable numbers:

The Bills are currently in 7th place in points scored (across the league) with 242 points. But Atlanta (243), New Orleans (244) Tampa Bay (250), and Green Bay (253) are all within reach. We are only 11 points out of the third place spot. KC (286) and Seattle (274) are in a league of their own right now.

The Bills are 2nd place in points scored in the AFC (behind only KC).

Josh is 3rd in passing yards in the league right now (behind only Mahomes and Matt Ryan---just ahead of Wilson).

Josh is (league-wide) 6th place in completions, 6th place in completion percentage (0.689), and 6th in passing TDs.

If you include rushing TDs for QBs, then Josh is tied for third in total TDs by QBs with Rodgers and Murray (each with 24). Only Wilson (29) and Mahomes (27) are better.

Stefon Diggs is 1st in the league in both receptions and receiving yards (63 for 813). He's on pace for 112 receptions and 1,445 yards.

Andre Roberts is 2nd in kickoff return yards and 3rd in punt return yards on the year.

Jordan Poyer is 8th place in total tackles across the league.

While what you are stating is somewhat true, the Bills have played 1 more game then several of the teams/players you have pointed out

• Like (+1) 1

Another positive sign that goes beyond the stats is the love and brotherhood building in the Bills locker room.

The Bills played inspired football on Sunday vs the Seahawks. I think it might be safe to say the team played for Josh more then anything.

and man did they play... 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

Another positive sign that goes beyond the stats is the love and brotherhood building in the Bills locker room.

The Bills played inspired football on Sunday vs the Seahawks. I think it might be safe to say the team played for Josh more then anything.

and man did they play... 

From everything I have heard, the "team" didn't know.  Only a select few like Dabol and McD knew.  They found out after the game was over.

24 minutes ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

While what you are stating is somewhat true, the Bills have played 1 more game then several of the teams/players you have pointed out

11 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Bills also have more field goal attempts that punts. 

Just ten years ago, it seemed like that would never happen, thanks to the NFL, it seems like that is going to be a fairly common anomaly.

2 hours ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

Good point...I didn't take that into account.

So, I went through the teams with only 8 games played and added their average points/game to their current totals to get a clearer picture (now, not all of these teams may hit their average in their next game and some may surpass it, so obviously its an approximation). Taking this into account, the Bills do fall down the list a good bit, but they are still in the mix.

SEA 308 

KC   286 (9 games)

GB   284

NO  274

Pitt 264

ARI 263

TEN 261

BAL 255

TB  250 (9 games)

MIA 250

LV  245

DEN 244

MIN 244

LAC 243

ATL 243 (9 games)

BUF 242 (9 games)

So, that does drop us down to 16th place. But I could see us passing 6 or 7 of those teams if we score well next week and they don't hit their average points/game over their next two games. So, after the bye week, we could be right around 7th-10th in points scored.

As for Josh's stats, taking into account the extra game for him, only Russell Wilson and maybe DeShaun Watson will pass him on the passing yards (with an extra game). So, he'd still be 4th or 5th in passing yards. For passing TDs, there are maybe 4 other QBs who could pass him given an extra game, but only two QBs that will probably pass him for total TDs. And completion percentage is not affected by the extra game (he's 6th there). So, he's still putting up top 6-10 QB numbers, with the arrow pointing up.

I guess we'll have to wait until after our bye week for a better picture...once everyone has played 10 games (except for Carolina and Tampa).