I'm thinking of a person

4merper4mer

16 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Oh... Roger Bannister was a neurologist.   He'd rather have been known for that.  Is that considered a "scientist?"

Sorta.  LoL... His invention does, IMO... But you gotta be pretty old to remember!  😃 

Two towns named after him roughly about 2,000 miles apart from each other...

I didn't know how to answer the "Scientist" question.  A neurologist is sort of but is more thought of as a doctor.  If I said yes or no it would have set the direction so I said 

"he wasn't known as".  Consider that a 35 yard punt.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I didn't know how to answer the "Scientist" question.  A neurologist is sort of but is more thought of as a doctor.  If I said yes or no it would have set the direction so I said 

"he wasn't known as".  Consider that a 35 yard punt.

Better than a Corey Bojo game changing 12 yard shank! 😉 

15 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Was he in the food business? Clarence Birdseye?

*No. Again, the guy I am thinking of was born in New York, in the Western New York sub-region of Upstate New York. Frozen foods was not his industry.  But, his industry helped frozen foods.

Sorry for the delay guys. My TRAIN was as little delayed.  But, I SLEPT well last night.  I just woke up.

*[Clarence Birdseye is a good one!  Wasn't BFLo at the forefront of the Frozen Food Business too with "Freezer Queen?"]

Another hint: He plied his trade, literally a stone's throw from where I work. And sometimes those workers threw those stones!!!

Too much of a giveaway?  😆 🤣 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

*No. Again, the guy I am thinking of was born in New York, in the Western New York sub-region of Upstate New York. Frozen foods was not his industry.  But, his industry helped frozen foods.

Sorry for the delay guys. My TRAIN was as little delayed.  But, I SLEPT well last night.  I just woke up.

*[Clarence Birdseye is a good one!  Wasn't BFLo at the forefront of the Frozen Food Business too with "Freezer Queen?"]

Another hint: He plied his trade, literally a stone's throw from where I work. And sometimes those workers threw those stones!!!

Too much of a giveaway?  😆 🤣 

Pullman?  Don't know his first name.  Not even sure I spelled it correctly.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

George Pullman.  Pullman,  Washington. Pullman, Michigan.  Pullman, W.Virginia.  AND the original company town: Pullman, Illinois which is now a neighborhood in one of the 77 neighborhoods of Chicago.

Gpullman.jpg

Born in Brockton, New York... Chautauqua, County... 

1 minute ago, Greybeard said:

I am thinking of a person, male, living, American

Sports?

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

George Pullman.  Pullman,  Washington. Pullman, Michigan.  Pullman, W.Virginia.  AND the original company town: Pullman, Illinois which is now a neighborhood in one of the 77 neighborhoods of Chicago.

Gpullman.jpg

Born in Brockton, New York... Chautauqua, County... 

Sports?

Yes.

• Like (+1) 1

Indulge me for a second.   So @Gugny and @BringBackFergy can see...😆 

"Pullman was born in 1831 in Brocton, New York, the son of Emily Caroline (Minton) and carpenter James Lewis Pullman.[2] His family moved to Albion, New York, along the Erie Canal in 1845, so his father could help widen the canal. His father had invented a machine using jackscrews that could move buildings or other structures out of the way and onto new foundations and had patented it in 1841. By that time, packet boats carried people on day excursions along the canal, plus travellers and freight craft would be towed across the state along the busy canal."

😆 🤣 

4 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Yes.

Okay.   Carry on!  Individual sport?

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Indulge me for a second.   So @Gugny and @BringBackFergy can see...😆 

"Pullman was born in 1831 in Brocton, New York, the son of Emily Caroline (Minton) and carpenter James Lewis Pullman.[2] His family moved to Albion, New York, along the Erie Canal in 1845, so his father could help widen the canal. His father had invented a machine using jackscrews that could move buildings or other structures out of the way and onto new foundations and had patented it in 1841. By that time, packet boats carried people on day excursions along the canal, plus travellers and freight craft would be towed across the state along the busy canal."

😆 🤣 

Okay.   Carry on!  Individual sport?

Yes

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.