I'm thinking of a person

4merper4mer

To err is human, to rub it in, divine.  ~Chinese Fortune Cookie.

Cripes,  now I gotta think of someone.  Okay... Thinking of someone.

Male. Alive.  

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Idiot.  It’s Walt Disney.

Edit: ***** you @ExiledInIllinois!!!

"Every swing brings me closer to my next home run. 😜"  ~TheBambino

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude I hate to shatter your last bit of naïveté but those are not real, they are cartoons.  On the plus side this means Bambi's mom did not really die.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/ct-trav-20-things-disney-animal-kingdom-0429-story.html

"The concept of presenting live animals to theme park guests originated with — of all people — Walt Disney himself. Walt's love of animals was sparked when, at the age of 4, he moved with his family from Chicago to Marceline, Mo., and he began to take care of farm animals."

"A half-century later, in the early '50s, Walt was busy designing attractions for his first theme park, Disneyland, in Anaheim, Calif. He wanted to make the Jungle Cruise authentic by populating it with real animals. His Imagineers warned him that the animals would be unpredictable and couldn't be guaranteed to be onstage and visible to guests on cue. Audio-Animatronic animals were used instead.

It was Walt's nephew, Roy E. Disney, who later supported the idea of an entire animal-themed park that would bustle with actual wildlife. Walt's concept blossomed into the lavish theme park Animal Kingdom has become — a park based more on reality than the fantasy found in other Walt Disney World parks, a park completely different from any animal park in the world."

22 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/ct-trav-20-things-disney-animal-kingdom-0429-story.html

"The concept of presenting live animals to theme park guests originated with — of all people — Walt Disney himself. Walt's love of animals was sparked when, at the age of 4, he moved with his family from Chicago to Marceline, Mo., and he began to take care of farm animals."

"A half-century later, in the early '50s, Walt was busy designing attractions for his first theme park, Disneyland, in Anaheim, Calif. He wanted to make the Jungle Cruise authentic by populating it with real animals. His Imagineers warned him that the animals would be unpredictable and couldn't be guaranteed to be onstage and visible to guests on cue. Audio-Animatronic animals were used instead.

It was Walt's nephew, Roy E. Disney, who later supported the idea of an entire animal-themed park that would bustle with actual wildlife. Walt's concept blossomed into the lavish theme park Animal Kingdom has become — a park based more on reality than the fantasy found in other Walt Disney World parks, a park completely different from any animal park in the world."

Pretzel logic if I've ever seen it.  And if Wolf Blitzer is your living Buffalo piece of Americana you will be officially banned from this thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Tim Russert?  but I thought he went to St. Joes.

Nope.  Alive.  Russet also went to Canisius.  Close. They both went to Canisius. Russert interviewed him. He is older than Russert.

I will give you 3 strikes, because 2 is un-American!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Nope.  Alive.  Russet also went to Canisius.  Close. They both went to Canisius. Russert interviewed him. He is older than Russert.

I will give you 3 strikes, because 2 is un-American!

For years I always thought he went to St. Joes, so I learned something anyway.   At this point it is unlikely any name will come to me.  I can think of a few more Buffalonians but I can't think any of them went to Canisius, although for some reason I think I saw the interview and Tim was quite happy he got to interview him.  I just have no name.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.