Falcons waive Takk McKinley (claimed by Raiders)

YoloinOhio

Just as Deion Sanders said, if they can channel that energy and passion into striving to become a great player; he would be a great asset going forward.

He may not strike us as a basic process guy but I could definitely see McDermott liking his passion and skills. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Seeing as he was ***** talking them on his Twitter, I'm not really shocked he was cut. 

The best part about this is that McKinley thinks he is the big deal in the situation.   Ten years from now the Atlanta Falcons will still be a billion dollar NFL franchise and no one will remember him.  He is the guy who give his two weeks notice and says "You guys are going to miss me around here" and then the following Monday the new guy comes in and its business as usual.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 years old and emotional on stage during easily the biggest moment of his life. Came from what sounds like less than ideal circumstances. 

Did he handle himself like a model draft pick? No. 

Should he be made fun of for his behavior on an emotional day? No. 

People react to emotional moments in different ways. He didn’t do anything wrong. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Earlier in the season I would have jumped on this, but for now - pass rush isn't quite an issue. He'd be behind Hughes and Addison as rush end, and for obvious pass downs you have Jefferson and Oliver who can play twin 3T as rush players. 

If he came in he'd be behind Hughes and Addison, but ahead of AJ Epenesa, who'd likely be relegated to the practice squad

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

21 years old and emotional on stage during easily the biggest moment of his life. Came from what sounds like less than ideal circumstances. 

Did he handle himself like a model draft pick? No. 

Should he be made fun of for his behavior on an emotional day? No. 

People react to emotional moments in different ways. He didn’t do anything wrong. 

I always thought it was endearing. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, appoo said:

Earlier in the season I would have jumped on this, but for now - pass rush isn't quite an issue. He'd be behind Hughes and Addison as rush end, and for obvious pass downs you have Jefferson and Oliver who can play twin 3T as rush players. 

If he came in he'd be behind Hughes and Addison, but ahead of AJ Epenesa, who'd likely be relegated to the practice squad

I actually forgot Epenesa existed.  Would be weird for our top pick to go PS though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I actually forgot Epenesa existed.  Would be weird for our top pick to go PS though.

He has made some plays in what has been the hardest offseason for rookies due to no preseason games and limited training camps.

No thank you to Takk. Watch him sign with Seattle or La. You want to know why Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitrof are home for the holidays? Look no further than Takk and Vic Beasley. Neither one of these two displayed one ounce of “dog”. Beasley at least had some production the SB year. They both seemed to approach football like a hobby or their side gig. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

0 chance Epenesa goes to the PS, he would get claimed immediately on waivers. He hasn't done much but there's no way.

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Refresh my memory?

If I remember correctly he had a photo or painting of his grandma. 

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He has made some plays in what has been the hardest offseason for rookies due to now preseason games and limited training camps.

No thank you to Takk. Watch him sign with Seattle or La. You want to know why Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitrof are home for the holidays? Look no further than Takk and Vic Beasley. Neither one of these two displayed one ounce of “dog”. Beasley at least had some production the SB year. They both seemed to approach football like a hobby or their side gig. 

Beasley had 8 sacks last year.