How do the Bills match up with Arizona?

JohnNord

The Bills defense matches up nicely in a perfect world. They have a front seven that can contain Murray and the running game, and a secondary that can clean up.

In reality, the Bills defense has been underperforming all year.

The Bills offense can simply take what the Cardinals give them. I assume they'll run a lot more this game. The Cards have some decent DBs and Reddick has been balling out at OLB. The Bills will need to run the ball in order to avoid playing into the Cards' hand.

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Sa

Sal Capaccio said toward the end of the game he was running in place on the sidelines with his helmet on and could’ve gone back into the game.  

Be it Tre or another important starter, I'm OK if the coaches have these key players sit out non-conference Arizona (and the Bye) so that they're healthier for the last 6 games - 5 of which are conference match-ups.  Interested in injury reports later this week.

I live in AZ and have watched all the Cards games

IMHO, here's what I think:

-They miss Kenyon Drake- the backup RB Edmunds is hit or miss

-The secondary is shaky- Baker and Peterson can play, but the others can be exploited

-They really miss Jones- LB crew is average

-OL seems decent- better than in recent years

-WRs are pretty good- Kirk and Isabella can fly.  Hopkins is still a handful and Larry the legend is clutch

Kyler Murray is a demon- he's hell on wheels when he runs.  Reminds me of Dark Helmet from SpaceBalls because he is so small with a huge helmet.  His legs and feet are so fast it's hard to see them move!   He will run the ball and get yards- 

-Coaching is ok- I think Kingsbury has a couple of cool plays every game

-Defense can be outsmarted- I have seen them pushed around and also seen them thrown on

Should be a fun game- wish I could go!  Had tickets but then they limited fan attendance:(

Edited by hmsmystic
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

If Miami can beat them we should be able to do the same.

I'm waiting for a 'but they lost so theyre going to play mad this week' post 🤣 im not convinced thats a real thing though lol

2 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

I am optimistic Edmonds will be a good matchup against Murray with his range and speed. He also looked healthy last week for the first time in a while. Allen also plays great in nice weather/dome, I think we get the W.

Was edmunds playing with a cast on his hand all season until last game or am I imagining things? I think part of his problem was not being able to get off of blocks early in the year