How do the Bills match up with Arizona?

JohnNord

I haven’t paid much attention to Arizona this year so I’m wondering how the Bills match up on offense and defense.

Obviously their offense is Kyler Murray as a runner and passer.  I think the wideouts might be a handful.  I feel comfortable with Tre on Hopkins though I have some concerns about Tauron Johnson trying to defend Christian Kirk.

I have seen quite a bit of criticism of the playcalling of Kliff Kingsbury - namely in calling running plays.  They seem to try to run the football a lot and not always effectively.  

It’s hard to make out what they are on defense.  They’ve given up points to good offenses and it seems like they are ranked toward the middle.   Jordan Phillips seems like he’s playing a lot up front and knowing his weakness versus the run, it makes me wonder if the targets runs at him?  

If anyone watches AZ share your thoughts

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DQW87 said:

Didn't want to start a whole different thread, but does anyone have an update on Tre's ankle?  I think that will be a big part of the question on how we match up with Arizona.

After he went off, TV showed him getting it tapped... and then he was stood on the sidelines. My guess, he would have been good to go, if needed. I think he will be fine.

Same thing not to hijack this thread but I am more worried about the O-Line guys.....will be interesting to see how many aren't out for the AZ game.  Seems to me as the O-Line shed guys the seasicks got better pressure on JA......

• Like (+1) 1

Is Dane Jackson an option to replace Taron Johnson?  They both gave up touchdowns on Sunday but I think we both know which one was worse.  I feel like Dane has shown some flashes of talent and athleticism in his limited time this year.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Imo, they are like Seattle with a better defense and better running QB, not quite as good a passer... yet

15 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

But much less of a passing QB

Hence Murray, as a QB, being up for FedEx Ground Player Of The Week

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I haven’t paid much attention to Arizona this year so I’m wondering how the Bills match up on offense and defense.

Obviously their offense is Kyler Murray as a runner and passer.  I think the wideouts might be a handful.  I feel comfortable with Tre on Hopkins though I have some concerns about Tauron Johnson trying to defend Christian Kirk.

I have seen quite a bit of criticism of the playcalling of Kliff Kingsbury - namely in calling running plays.  They seem to try to run the football a lot and not always effectively.  

It’s hard to make out what they are on defense.  They’ve given up points to good offenses and it seems like they are ranked toward the middle.   Jordan Phillips seems like he’s playing a lot up front and knowing his weakness versus the run, it makes me wonder if the targets runs at him?  

Taron Johnson is a joke. As we saw on Moore standing wide open in the endzone for 10 seconds.  I'd Immediately promote Dane Jackson as the 3rd cb.  Tre will take Hopkins and Wallace on Kirk. And we will need a spy on Murray. 

Sa

21 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

After he went off, TV showed him getting it tapped... and then he was stood on the sidelines. My guess, he would have been good to go, if needed. I think he will be fine.

Sal Capaccio said toward the end of the game he was running in place on the sidelines with his helmet on and could’ve gone back into the game.  

• Like (+1) 3

I think we will need more balance in passing and running yards this game but we still need to let Josh air it out.  Expect them to try the Titans/Chiefs formula and Josh to patiently throw short to medium range passes.  

If our defense makes another step forward to contain their QB, and we stay away from penalties/turnovers we can win.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

IMHO, we match up better vs Arizona then the Dolphins do. Additionally, we are starting to see that the NFC West is not as dominant as advertised.