Delusional Patriot Writer laments Bills win because it hurt the Pats chances to win the AFC East

Big Turk

On 11/10/2020 at 9:46 AM, BisonMan said:

Flacco's bomb attempt with a wide open guy underneath was definitely a numbskull move. A few first downs and they would have forced Cam to throw a lot of balls downfield...where bad things happen to him.

To misquote your moniker, Flacco was thinking, "All of these interceptions will be lost...like tears in the rain...Time to die".

Wow.

I am impressed.  Doesnt happen here very often.  Great reference.

One of my favorite movies and favorites scenes of all time.

4 hours ago, P Riv said:

They're just plain average or even bad this year, so betting that they don't win much this year is pretty safe.  Not much talent, lots of injuries, opt outs and incompetent QB play must all be bad coaching?  lol

He's the last coach to win a playoff game for Cleveland, he went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, had brilliant defensive game plans in the SB against HoF'ers Elway, Kelly and Warner... He's got 8 SB rings and 3 Conf Championship rings.  

I'm simply acknowledging that he's kind of accomplished...  They'll be back next year, so we better build some momentum.  As the Div winner, we'll play all of the other Div winners next year, they won't.  As much as we want them to suck for the next 10 years, I just don't think that's reality and I'm not drinking the Kool aid.

He will be 69 next year...will not coach forever...Father Time is still undefeated even with coaches...based on his man boobs you saw as he jogged onto the field last week I would say he isn't in the same type of shape as Carroll.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He will be 69 next year...will not coach forever...Father Time is still undefeated even with coaches...based on his man boobs you saw as he jogged onto the field last week I would say he isn't in the same type of shape as Carroll.

And Caroll still has a great quarterback for many more years.

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Wow.

I am impressed.  Doesnt happen here very often.  Great reference.

One of my favorite movies and favorites scenes of all time.

One of my favorite SciFi movies. The film poster hangs in our media room.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

lol, thats awesome.  I had no idea he was that old, looks like he's a short timer.  

On 11/11/2020 at 2:57 AM, steven50 said:

BB is 21- 25 in New England without Brady. You can keep posting whatever you want but that number wont get any better this season as a matter of fact I bet it gets worse. He has a losing record without Brady in New England and in Cleveland.

We have had a ton of coaches that had sub .500 records without Jim Kelly, a lot of them had a couple of great games. That doesn't make them a genius.

Because 1. They weren't good

2. The name he earned it from his peers ...you wanna go tell actual NFL heads he is just an average coach?

If BB was to become a free agent coach right now...in fact put every coach back in a pot and or lottery and let's see who get picked first..

Take Brady and Bruce Adrians off the bucs now. Switch them w Cam and BB and let me know what team would do better, sinse we are going to be irresponsible and debate Brady/BB after barely one season.

Edited by Ghost_002!

21 hours ago, matter2003 said:

If he did leave NE I wonder if he would retire or go back to the NYG. He has said he loved his time there and has a great respect for the organization. He did win there as a DC for Parcells. If Bill was going to leave NE and not retire it would be for NYG. To restore the pride and tradition and win it all for the NYC market might make him accept that challenge. Assuming of course the Giants would also be interested. They have been a train wreck for about 8 years now so I bet they would think about it.

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If he did leave NE I wonder if he would retire or go back to the NYG. He has said he loved his time there and has a great respect for the organization. He did win there as a DC for Parcells. If Bill was going to leave NE and not retire it would be for NYG. To restore the pride and tradition and win it all for the NYC market might make him accept that challenge. Assuming of course the Giants would also be interested. They have been a train wreck for about 8 years now so I bet they would think about it.

I was referring to retiring not coaching somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

Because 1. They weren't good

2. The name he earned it from his peers ...you wanna go tell actual NFL heads he is just an average coach?

If BB was to become a free agent coach right now...in fact put every coach back in a pot and or lottery and let's see who get picked first..

Take Brady and Bruce Adrians off the bucs now. Switch them w Cam and BB and let me know what team would do better, sinse we are going to be irresponsible and debate Brady/BB after barely one season.

The point is that even a genius coach like BB still needs the players, namely the QB.  He lucked-into Brady and the real question is whether he's going to want to go through a total rebuild at his age, when the most important part, the QB, isn't anywhere close to being found.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Doc said:

The point is that even a genius coach like BB still needs the players, namely the QB.  He lucked-into Brady and the real question is whether he's going to want to go through a total rebuild at his age, when the most important part, the QB, isn't anywhere close to being found.

I think I acknowledge the first sentence that every great coach has great players. So you need to direct that to your follow poster. Who also said he is just an average coach. Which he is far from that.

Next he didnt "luck" into Brady. Brady was a 6 round pick who everyone in the NFL past up on. He was not a projected first rounder who "fell" into BB lap. He was past on by everyone.

BB drafted him and helped developed him big part of this debate that gets glossed over. BB help Brady grow into a great QB. As you know history shows you great QBs are not late round picks....alot went into Brady's development and BB was apart of that. Adding to BB legend and complete asinine to think It was all Brady.

Edited by Ghost_002!

Oh and another thing. He plans on coaching for at least another 5 years he has said that already. I do not know why that is so hard to understand. Nothing happening right now is changing that. He wants to show he can do it without Brady so he is not "quitting" anytime soon. And again this is year one...not 5 years Into a patriots rebuilded.

34 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I think I acknowledge the first sentence that every great coach has great players. So you need to direct that to your follow poster. Who also said he is just an average coach. Which he is far from that.

Next he didnt "luck" into Brady. Brady was a 6 round pick who everyone in the NFL past up on. He was not a projected first rounder who "fell" into BB lap. He was past on by everyone.

BB drafted him and helped developed him big part of this debate that gets glossed over. BB help Brady grow into a great QB. As you know history shows you great QBs are not late round picks....alot went into Brady's development and BB was apart of that. Adding to BB legend and complete asinine to think It was all Brady.

Yeah, even by the Cheaters 6 times.  Hell he wasn't even their first 6th round pick that draft.  That's the definition of lucking into him.

41 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Belichick almost chose Tim Rattay over Brady...they literally were having a debate and only chose Brady because their QB coach Dick Rehbein loved Brady and was presented the choice of Brady or Rattay and he said Brady...ironically he passed away that summer at age 45 before Brady even played a single game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/this-coach-convinced-bill-belichick-to-draft-tom-brady-now-his-daughters-keep-his-memory-alive/2018/02/02/b610ce94-0820-11e8-8777-2a059f168dd2_story.html

35 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Oh and another thing. He plans on coaching for at least another 5 years he has said that already. I do not know why that is so hard to understand. Nothing happening right now is changing that. He wants to show he can do it without Brady so he is not "quitting" anytime soon. And again this is year one...not 5 years Into a patriots rebuilded.

Plans can change awfully quick at that age due to health concerns, etc...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, even by the Cheaters 6 times.  Hell he wasn't even their first 6th round pick that draft.  That's the definition of lucking into him.

first sentence sour grapes...boooo hooo i am going to call them "cheaters" your second sentence is you just unwilling to give any credit so i will let you sit on your hill.

38 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Belichick almost chose Tim Rattay over Brady...they literally were having a debate and only chose Brady because their QB coach Dick Rehbein loved Brady and was presented the choice of Brady or Rattay and he said Brady...ironically he passed away that summer at age 45 before Brady even played a single game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/this-coach-convinced-bill-belichick-to-draft-tom-brady-now-his-daughters-keep-his-memory-alive/2018/02/02/b610ce94-0820-11e8-8777-2a059f168dd2_story.html

Plans can change awfully quick at that age due to health concerns, etc...

whether it was BB first choice or last..what does that matter...he was drafted and developed under BB...

and if and when plans change..come find me to tell me "you told me so..."

Edited by Ghost_002!

4 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

first sentence sour grapes...boooo hooo i am going to call them "cheaters" your second sentence is you just unwilling to give any credit so i will let you sit on your hill.

whether it was BB first choice or last..what does that matter...he was drafted and developed under BB...

and if and when plans change..come find me to tell me "you told me so..."

you are delusional if you think someone drafts a QB in the 6th round and thinks they have drafted the QB GOAT

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

you are delusional if you think someone drafts a QB in the 6th round and thinks they have drafted the QB GOAT

Where did i say that? I have said the complete opposite, so thanks for furthering some of my points.

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

They are what they are.  And sure I can credit them with insane luck.  You don't wait until the 6th round to take a QB you think can even be a good backup, much less starter, much much less HOF'er. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/12/2020 at 1:09 PM, High Football IQ said:

The only thing that matters with Belichik is his record with Brady

......until he doesn't have Brady. 

Andy Reid was able to do fairly well with Alex Smith but could never win a playoff game. He did reach a SB in Philly with McNabb but lost.

Andy Reid has coached 22 years and has a winning record (over .500) without Mahomes. Again (and again and again again) BB does not have a winning record without Brady. You can keep arguing with me but that stat is not going to change, as a matter of fact I bet good money that it will get worse as the season goes on.

Your logic (and that of the other guy with the man crush on BB )  is pretty illogical. All that matters in sports is Wins and losses and BB has more losses then wins without Tom Brady.

..........BTW, aren't you the same guy that was saying we would lose against the Seahawks and the Patriots? Maybe you should take a little break from giving "High IQ" football opinions.

On 11/12/2020 at 12:00 PM, Ghost_002! said:

Sure thing, and Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen were both picked before Josh Allen by those same NFL teams your talking about.

You know who else was super popular and a "defensive genius" ? Rex Ryan.

You know who else has the same winning percentage as BB has without Tom Brady (.480) ? Rex Ryan.

It isn't about hype, it isn't about popularity, it isn't even about reputation, sports is about wins and losses and (yet again) BB has more losses than wins without Brady.

He is a sub .500 coach without Brady. He no longer has Brady. He will continue to be a sub .500 coach

Edited by steven50

12 minutes ago, steven50 said:

Sure thing, and Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen were both picked before Josh Allen by those same NFL teams your talking about.

You know who else was super popular and a "defensive genius" ? Rex Ryan.

You know who else has the same winning percentage as BB has without Tom Brady (.480) ? Rex Ryan.

It isn't about hype, it isn't about popularity, it isn't even about reputation, sports is about wins and losses and (yet again) BB has more losses than wins without Brady.

He is a sub .500 coach without Brady. He no longer has Brady. He will continue to be a sub .500 coach

What exactly does Josh Allen have to do with this..I honestly miss that point?

Rex Ryan is not even in the NFL anymore?

Anytime you want to argue with his peers about the nickname they refer to him as..go right ahead 

My whole thing over this BB/Brady debate

Let's actually try debating this 3/4 seasons after.. not barely out of the first season...thats just dumb.