Delusional Patriot Writer laments Bills win because it hurt the Pats chances to win the AFC East

Big Turk

On 11/10/2020 at 10:39 AM, P Riv said:

Sounds good, but seems apples to oranges to me.  Before Belichick was Pete Carrol and Bill Parcells.  As long as the Kraft family owns that team they aren't going to look like the 2000's Bills.

Bill Parcells was already the coach of the team when Kraft bought it and as is oft noted but frequently ignored, Bellicheck has a losing record as a coach when he doesn't have Brady.

Pete Carrol lasted three years in New England. Finishing (afc east) 1st once and 4th twice.

Bill Parcells coached 4 years in New England finishing (afc east) 1st once, 2nd once, and 4th twice.

Kraft fired them both.

Bellicheck is not a coaching evil genius. He is just a good coach that got lucky with one of the top 5 qb's in history. 

Kraft is not some great coach magnet he got lucky with a guy that was already there when he showed up. Then he did go out and get someone regarded as a great but fired him over personal differences. Then he got Bellicheck who was not highly regarded at the time and who got lucky with a late draft pick that no one else thought much of at the time named Brady. Brady only got to play because of an injury to the starter. No one at the time including Kraft or BB expected him to turn into what he did.

We have to stop suffering from battered wives syndrome when it comes to the patriots.

Edited by steven50
spelling error
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, steven50 said:

Bill Parcells was already the coach of the team when Kraft bought it and as is oft noted but frequently ignored, Bellicheck has a losing record as a coach when he doesn't have Brady.

Pete Carrol lasted three years in New England. Finishing 1st once and 4th twice.

Bill Parcells coached 4 years in New England finishing 1st once, 2nd once, and 4th twice.

Kraft fired them both.

Bellicheck is not a coaching evil genius. He is just a good coach that guy lucky with one of the top 5 qb's in history. 

Kraft is not some great coach magnet he got lucky with a guy that was already there when he showed up. Then he did go out and get someone regarded as a great but fired him over personal differences. Then he got Bellicheck who was not highly regarded at the time and who got lucky with a late draft pick that no one else thought much of at the time named Brady. Brady only got to play because of an injury to the starter. No one at the time including Kraft or BB expected him to turn into what he did.

We have to stop suffering from battered wives syndrome when it comes to the patriots.

ha ha at just a good coach..

someone needs to look at his resume a little deeper...and who the hell every called Kraft a coach magnet...do you realize how owning a team works. If BB left tomorrow and for the sake of the discussion Kraft called up Jim harbaugh and offer him full control of the team. He would sign right? 

54 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

After the Ravens they go to Houston which at least on paper could get them to 5-5 assuming they pull off a big upset this week first.

Then they get the Cardinals at home (who could be in the middle of an extended losing streak with games against Buffalo and @ Seattle next), and at San Diego which on paper is also winnable. After that @ LA Rams which will be tough but theoretically if they were 7-6 heading into the final 3 weeks against the Dolphins, Bills and Jets the division and/or playoffs would still be in sight given their current 2-1 standings against the AFC East.

Not saying it's going to happen but as I've said before until the Patriots are truly mathematically out of this it's premature to pour dirt on them.

If they can beat the Ravens, it might signal that they've turned a corner.  If not, they have no shot to even be a wildcard team.

Pats fans think some magic wand will be waved soon and they will assume what they see as their birthright atop the AFC East with ease.

Here is the delusion: This isnt the 6-10 Dolphins and 7-9 Bills anymore. Both franchises are here to stay.

Pats fans will find out the hard way soon enough.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Pats fans think some magic wand will be waved soon and they will assume what they see as their birthright atop the AFC East with ease.

Here is the delusion: This isnt the 6-10 Dolphins and 7-9 Bills anymore. Both franchises are here to stay.

Pats fans will find out the hard way soon enough.

And then even more when Belicheat retires at the end of the season, or next season.

Not sure what people are smoking with the "favorable schedule" nonsense.  The Patriots upcoming slate is extremely difficult.

Five of their remaining 8 games are against teams with winning records.

That doesn't count the Texans or Chargers, who are both way better than their current records.

On 11/9/2020 at 12:27 PM, matter2003 said:

The first step in admitting anything is acceptance...clearly he has not accepted the Patriots demise. They are not winning anything this year. They aren't even going to a wildcard. They might actually lose to the Jets.

He writes the Bills win hurt the Pats ability to win the AFC East because the Pats had a good chance to make up ground. Claims winning the division isn't an impossible task but it just got harder. This dude is certifiable.

Come on man...just give it up already...

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-upset-seahawks-even-harder-200322424.html

Actually, acceptance is the fifth and final stage of "Grief" which is where I think you were heading with your comment.

The first stage is denial, and that's right where this writer seems to be right now.

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

ha ha at just a good coach..

someone needs to look at his resume a little deeper.

If by someone you mean me I just did.

BB is 51-65 as a head coach without Tom Brady which includes a  21-25 New England record without Brady. So far he is a sub .500 coach without Brady with a record comparable to Norv Turner, Jack Del Rio, or Lou Saban.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, steven50 said:

If by someone you mean me I just did.

BB is 51-65 as a head coach without Tom Brady which includes a  21-25 New England record without Brady. So far he is a sub .500 coach without Brady with a record comparable to Norv Turner, Jack Del Rio, or Lou Saban.

Yes I am referring to you because If you did, you would know. Every great coach has great player(s). 

Don Shula w Marino

Walsh w Montana 

Etc.

And BB is not the same coach he was in Cleveland. I know his detractors can't understand that cause after all. The Browns had all those great coaches after he left..

BB had his defensive game plan w the giants in the SB elected into the HOF

Won his first SB against the rams with Tom Brady not being Tom Brady yet..won his last SB so far without Tom Brady not doing anything...

BB with his JV squad could easily of been 6-2 this year all things considering...there is quite a few things you can see of his resume that would show he is a great coach..

The numerous times he has confused the hell out of Manning for one...

4 hours ago, P Riv said:

Sounds good, but seems apples to oranges to me.  Before Belichick was Pete Carrol and Bill Parcells.  As long as the Kraft family owns that team they aren't going to look like the 2000's Bills.  We had an owner who was looking to run a business, not win a championship.  

They have a ton of cap room for next year, opt outs coming back and they're developing young players for depth this year.  Not sure what our cap and FA situation is, but they'll likely endure this year and be back in the mix next year.  They need a QB, which means they'll trade down in the draft and get DT and O-line... lol  Probably draft a QB in round 6.  

Hahahaha. Ok. Kraft went to one Super Bowl without Brady and Belichick. They lost. Keep thinking Kraft and Belichick will right the ship.  It just makes the slip into the abyss that more fun to watch. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Then what was the curb stomping of Brady-led Bucs? A fine port wine?

Clearly that was a very old single malt scotch whiskey.

5 hours ago, P Riv said:

Sounds good, but seems apples to oranges to me.  Before Belichick was Pete Carrol and Bill Parcells.  As long as the Kraft family owns that team they aren't going to look like the 2000's Bills.  We had an owner who was looking to run a business, not win a championship.   

The owner went out and hired the best candidate for GM from the Steelers tree and fans were enthusiastic about hire at the time.

He was given full power something which was not given to GMs before.

It did not work out and he became a power hungry madman alienating the fan base.

Retroactive alternate history is for novels.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

And BB is not the same coach he was in Cleveland.

BB is 21- 25 in New England without Brady. You can keep posting whatever you want but that number wont get any better this season as a matter of fact I bet it gets worse. He has a losing record without Brady in New England and in Cleveland.

We have had a ton of coaches that had sub .500 records without Jim Kelly, a lot of them had a couple of great games. That doesn't make them a genius.

8 hours ago, steven50 said:

BB is 21- 25 in New England without Brady. You can keep posting whatever you want but that number wont get any better this season as a matter of fact I bet it gets worse. He has a losing record without Brady in New England and in Cleveland.

We have had a ton of coaches that had sub .500 records without Jim Kelly, a lot of them had a couple of great games. That doesn't make them a genius.

They're just plain average or even bad this year, so betting that they don't win much this year is pretty safe.  Not much talent, lots of injuries, opt outs and incompetent QB play must all be bad coaching?  lol

He's the last coach to win a playoff game for Cleveland, he went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, had brilliant defensive game plans in the SB against HoF'ers Elway, Kelly and Warner... He's got 8 SB rings and 3 Conf Championship rings.  

I'm simply acknowledging that he's kind of accomplished...  They'll be back next year, so we better build some momentum.  As the Div winner, we'll play all of the other Div winners next year, they won't.  As much as we want them to suck for the next 10 years, I just don't think that's reality and I'm not drinking the Kool aid.