Delusional Patriot Writer laments Bills win because it hurt the Pats chances to win the AFC East

Big Turk

Patriots will finish maybe 6-10.  That’s perfect.  Not high enough to get anything fantastic, but keeps them out of the Lawrence or other sweepstakes.  Couldn’t happen to a better team and go Pats tonight.  Please win!  The Jets are so far away from anything real, this is the best outcome.

There was no way they had a shot at the East.  We have a chance at 8-2, a chance.

Mathematics wise if we were 6-3 and the dolphins were removed from existence the pats would still have a chance lol idk how they were expecting to leapfrog two teams with the start they had though...you figure they beat the jets twice and they assumed they would beat us in the rematch and that could get them 2 or 3 games back into the race.  The dolphins very much do exist though 🤣

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Not sure which is worse, the Jets or the Cowboys with a potential once in a generation QB.

As long as Jones is calling the shots in Dallas they’re not going anywhere no matter who the QB is and the Jets are too inept to develop a QB and I highly doubt Lawrence would play for them. Hence why he might stay in school for 21

12 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

As long as Jones is calling the shots in Dallas they’re not going anywhere no matter who the QB is and the Jets are too inept to develop a QB and I highly doubt Lawrence would play for them. Hence why he might stay in school for 21

Probably correct although if Lawrence wins another national championship I think he would be crazy to wait out another year, way too much risk and as dysfunctional as the Jets are, they might be pick #1 again.  Being a rock star QB in NYC does have some incredible benefits and certainly media risk.

15 hours ago, BisonMan said:

This guy writes about the Pats the way some Bills' writers did circa 2015! :(

Seriously, BB is just screwing with the league at this point. He plans to have the Pats lose 8 more games this season but "keep it close" in each one if possible. He's just angling for the next hot QB prospect because, as Bills' fans have seen, you rarely get a QB of high quality outside the top 10 in the draft (or usually the top 3). BB knows his career is coming to an end and he won't win another Super Bowl without a top flight QB. Free agent QBs have seen how he doesn't give QB's any help and will shy away from NE.

It starts with losing to the Jets tonight. A guy who will engaging in repeated spying of teams' practices and other misdeeds is not above "tanking" for one of the top 2 QBs in the 2021 draft. I can hear the mumbling during the press availability, "They're a well coached team and we have to avoid the mistakes. We don't have the depth we've had in recent years...mumble...mumble...mumble..."

Well there goes that conspiracy theory.

Our strength of schedule going forward is a little inflated due to the Steelers being undefeated. With that being said there isn’t a team on our schedule where you can mark down as a definite loss. 7 games left......2-5 finish probably still sneaks us into the playoffs, I say we come out of these next 7 games 5-2.

21 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The first step in admitting anything is acceptance...clearly he has not accepted the Patriots demise. They are not winning anything this year. They aren't even going to a wildcard. They might actually lose to the Jets.

He writes the Bills win hurt the Pats ability to win the AFC East because the Pats had a good chance to make up ground. Claims winning the division isn't an impossible task but it just got harder. This dude is certifiable.

Come on man...just give it up already...

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-upset-seahawks-even-harder-200322424.html

we did the same for 20 years. enjoy not being on that ride currently and let them count games back and come up with ridiculous scenarios 

55 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Probably correct although if Lawrence wins another national championship I think he would be crazy to wait out another year, way too much risk and as dysfunctional as the Jets are, they might be pick #1 again.  Being a rock star QB in NYC does have some incredible benefits and certainly media risk.

Well there goes that conspiracy theory.

But man, did they try to lose it. BB was thinking, "Oh man, I can't believe Cam actually competed some of those passes we called. He's killin' me!!" :)

16 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

They don’t know it yet, but they are done. Like we didn’t realize it after Jim retired. We kept thinking we can plug this player in or make this move. Nope. Once the team realizes they aren’t good, the Belichick mystique wears off and then it will get really ugly for them. I can’t wait! 

Sounds good, but seems apples to oranges to me.  Before Belichick was Pete Carrol and Bill Parcells.  As long as the Kraft family owns that team they aren't going to look like the 2000's Bills.  We had an owner who was looking to run a business, not win a championship.  

They have a ton of cap room for next year, opt outs coming back and they're developing young players for depth this year.  Not sure what our cap and FA situation is, but they'll likely endure this year and be back in the mix next year.  They need a QB, which means they'll trade down in the draft and get DT and O-line... lol  Probably draft a QB in round 6.  

2 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

But man, did they try to lose it. BB was thinking, "Oh man, I can't believe Cam actually competed some of those passes we called. He's killin' me!!" :)

I saw the last 5 minutes and made me sick to see the Pats win, as they historicaly had and i could tell sure as hell the players certainly wanted that win bad.  They players that really really sucked at the end was the numbskull Joe Flacco.  He takes a sack and two in completions allowing the PAts to kick a FG with three seconds left.  And Gregg Williams defensive play calling feel right into Josh McDaniels trap.

Almost as delusional as Keyshawn Johnson.  How that moron stays on TV/radio is beyond me.  He was talking about how the Bills barely beat the Dols...and then talks about how the Cheaters aren't finished despite barely beating the Jets.  

22 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The first step in admitting anything is acceptance...clearly he has not accepted the Patriots demise. They are not winning anything this year. They aren't even going to a wildcard. They might actually lose to the Jets.

He writes the Bills win hurt the Pats ability to win the AFC East because the Pats had a good chance to make up ground. Claims winning the division isn't an impossible task but it just got harder. This dude is certifiable.

Come on man...just give it up already...

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-upset-seahawks-even-harder-200322424.html

My favorite gem from this:  

"Buffalo, however, responded to its challenge in impression fashion by upsetting Seattle with a 44-34 victory at Bills Stadium." 

Can you actually be a journalist... a PAID journalist... and write that sentence? I guess all you need to succeed in New England is a blinding love for the Pat******s...

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I saw the last 5 minutes and made me sick to see the Pats win, as they historicaly had and i could tell sure as hell the players certainly wanted that win bad.  They players that really really sucked at the end was the numbskull Joe Flacco.  He takes a sack and two in completions allowing the PAts to kick a FG with three seconds left.  And Gregg Williams defensive play calling feel right into Josh McDaniels trap.

Flacco's bomb attempt with a wide open guy underneath was definitely a numbskull move. A few first downs and they would have forced Cam to throw a lot of balls downfield...where bad things happen to him.

To misquote your moniker, Flacco was thinking, "All of these interceptions will be lost...like tears in the rain...Time to die".

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He also threw an awful INT deep into double coverage when he had his TE wide open in the flat with nobody within 15 yards of him and he would have gained at least 30 on the play...

16 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Too bad the Jets couldn't hang on to win, but if the Pats find a way to upset the Ravens this week all of a sudden their be right back in the thick of things with a favorable schedule on deck.

That's a huge IF.  And I wouldn't say they have a favorable remaining schedule.

51 minutes ago, P Riv said:

Sounds good, but seems apples to oranges to me.  Before Belichick was Pete Carrol and Bill Parcells.  As long as the Kraft family owns that team they aren't going to look like the 2000's Bills.  We had an owner who was looking to run a business, not win a championship.  

They have a ton of cap room for next year, opt outs coming back and they're developing young players for depth this year.  Not sure what our cap and FA situation is, but they'll likely endure this year and be back in the mix next year.  They need a QB, which means they'll trade down in the draft and get DT and O-line... lol  Probably draft a QB in round 6.  

Sums it all up right here.