Delusional Patriot Writer laments Bills win because it hurt the Pats chances to win the AFC East

Big Turk

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

As has been said before, the Zimmer play was a heads-up, high-effort play that was the result of good coaching and good execution, in addition to some luck. It's the kind of game-saving play that the Pats**** have been doing to us on a regular basis for years, yet they always were praised for their coaching and preparation.

Exactly!!

When the Pats do it, it is because Belichek is a genius blah, blah blah but when the Bills do it we got "bailed out".

Was it Belichek's "genius" that McKelvin decided to return the kickoff of Losman decided to run out of the end zone?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

No one could have seen last evening’s disaster coming, but I took perverse enjoyment from watching Tommy melt down 

It was by no means a disaster, it was a thing of beauty,

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Good then that takes the Jets out of the Trevor Lawrence category and most likely takes them out of the Justin Fields category as well

Yep, i would love to see Belichek embarrassed on national TV.  I am also fearful both Josh Fields and Lawrence could be special, I dont want the Jets to get either one.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Zimmer didnt "bail us out", in other words we got lucky.  No,  it was  a heads up play by Zimmer, that is what well coached teams do and no the Pats were not guaranteed to score a TD there or score at all, time was running low.

The Pats had a novel twist with Cam to start the year, started real hot.  Cam got Covid and other teams have learned how to attack him, the novelty wore off quickly.

The previous drive they had gone 72 yards in 7 plays to tie up the game. We came back with a FG to put us ahead 24-21. Up until the fumble the Pats had marched 65 yards in 12 plays while taking over 3-1/2 minutes off of the clock. There was under 40 seconds left in the game and the Pats were about to be set up with a 3rd and short, but the fumble happened. Heads up play by Zimmer and yes he did kind of bail us out by keeping the Pats from scoring in any capacity on that drive. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

The previous drive they had gone 72 yards in 7 plays to tie up the game. We came back with a FG to put us ahead 24-21. Up until the fumble the Pats had marched 65 yards in 12 plays while taking over 3-1/2 minutes off of the clock. There was under 40 seconds left in the game and the Pats were about to be set up with a 3rd and short, but the fumble happened. Heads up play by Zimmer and yes he did kind of bail us out by keeping the Pats from scoring in any capacity on that drive. 

If you want to term it he "bail(ed) us out" when he makes and NFL level play that is up to you.  This to me is a new era in Bills football with competent coaching and GM, i fully anticipate players going forward will continue to "bail us out".

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The first step in admitting anything is acceptance...clearly he has not accepted the Patriots demise. They are not winning anything this year. They aren't even going to a wildcard. They might actually lose to the Jets.

He writes the Bills win hurt the Pats ability to win the AFC East because the Pats had a good chance to make up ground. Claims winning the division isn't an impossible task but it just got harder. This dude is certifiable.

Come on man...just give it up already...

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-upset-seahawks-even-harder-200322424.html

Well, in theory, the Pats could win out and the Bills could lose out...in which case it's possible Miami takes the division

I'm not going to predict the whole season at this point.  I'm just enjoying one Bills game at a time.  Yesterday, there was a veritable FEAST of enjoyment.  And then for dessert, I got to go back and watch various media experts being WRONG.

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If you want to term it he "bail(ed) us out" when he makes and NFL level play that is up to you.  This to me is a new era in Bills football with competent coaching and GM, i fully anticipate players going forward will continue to "bail us out".

It's one play that Zimmer made which bailed us out in a single game. Yes, this is a new era. Yes, we have the best GM and Coach combo we've had since the 90's. I don't understand why you're uber sensitive about my choice of words or are choosing to harp on them. They had just marched right down the field on a previous drive and were doing the same thing again. The fumble happened. We won. It's not like the game was in hand when that happened. Zimmer's play kept them from having any further chance to advance down the field or even attempt a FG, hence he bailed us out.   

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

It's one play that Zimmer made which bailed us out in a single game. Yes, this is a new era. Yes, we have the best GM and Coach combo we've had since the 90's. I don't understand why you're uber sensitive about my choice of words or are choosing to harp on them. They had just marched right down the field on a previous drive and were doing the same thing again. The fumble happened. We won. It's not like the game was in hand when that happened. Zimmer's play kept them from having any further chance to advance down the field or even attempt a FG, hence he bailed us out.   

As i wrote if you want to term it that way it is up to you, are you done beating this dead horse?

I can certainly understand if the Patriot fans and supporters think they will always find a way to win the division, get to and win the Super Bowl... I'd probably have the same sense of entitlement and confidence if my team had the same success.   As a Mets fan who listens to WFAN in NY during the summer Yankee fans NEVER lose confidence that things can and will be fixed.

25 minutes ago, H2o said:

How many times in games the Patriots looked ready to lose did someone bail them out over the last 20 years?

Yeah, a lot of times it was the refs stepping up to help them out too hahahahaha

But seriously, kinda how it rolls...plenty of times during the Bills SB years a player stepped up and made a play where the game was hanging in the balance...

Honestly in fact, that might be the best definition of good teams versus bad teams...when the games are on the line good teams step up and make plays to win and bad teams have those plays made against them.  The latter was the Bills for most of the past 20 years prior to McDermott and now its the former.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

How many times in games the Patriots looked ready to lose did someone bail them out?

Kinda how it rolls...plenty of times during the SB years a player stepped up and made a play where the game was hanging in the balance...

Honestly in fact, that might be the best definition of good teams versus bad teams...when the games are on the line good teams step up and make plays to win and bad teams have those plays made against them.  The latter was the Bills for most of the past 20 years prior to McDermott and now its the former.

Look no further than the LA Chargers. That team is super talented, has a great young QB, but they never get "bailed out"

The line between good and bad in the NFL is so thin. It comes down to coaching, and preparation

Except for the Jets. They just suck

35 minutes ago, H2o said:

Zimmerman did the same thing in the KC game, not a one off

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The first step in admitting anything is acceptance...clearly he has not accepted the Patriots demise. They are not winning anything this year. They aren't even going to a wildcard. They might actually lose to the Jets.

He writes the Bills win hurt the Pats ability to win the AFC East because the Pats had a good chance to make up ground. Claims winning the division isn't an impossible task but it just got harder. This dude is certifiable.

Assuming patricheats win tonight and are 3-5

next two are hosting Balt and at texans

buffalo has Cards then are off.

tie break order is

H2H buffalo cliched a tie

Division Buffalo is 4-0 vs Pats 1-1

third is common games or look st noncommin ehere Buffalo is 0-1withat titans, Pitt. New England has this two after the jets.  If they go 2-0 they lose this tiebreaker.

lets asdume after the by buffalo is 3 games ahead at 8-2 vs 5-5 or 7-3 vs 4-6. 

Basically NE needs to win out, have buffalo lose to Miami and lose another game. And Miami lose other games.

If he win both non common games then they lose tiebreaker 3.

buffalo can clinch the division in week 15 by being 3 up with 2 to play. In week15

if Miami beat New England, Miami beat Cincinnati, and NE beat Baltimore snd Houston then Buffalo clinches division 2 up with 2 games to play because they’d be tiedrecord, tied division record , but had better common games record. Those 2 would be 2-0 while buffalo has 1 loss.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

This is the guy! Let’s get him!

OMG too easy.  He wrote the article on the old tower PC in his parents' basement where he keeps his shrine to the Mt Rushmore of Patsdom - Brady, Belichik, Gronk and Edelman.

They are all gone now but his fandom for all things Pats tells him they can still win the AFC East.  "Maybe Next Year" is his new meditation mantra.  Jets win tonight.

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

This guy writes about the Pats the way some Bills' writers did circa 2015! :(

Seriously, BB is just screwing with the league at this point. He plans to have the Pats lose 8 more games this season but "keep it close" in each one if possible. He's just angling for the next hot QB prospect because, as Bills' fans have seen, you rarely get a QB of high quality outside the top 10 in the draft (or usually the top 3). BB knows his career is coming to an end and he won't win another Super Bowl without a top flight QB. Free agent QBs have seen how he doesn't give QB's any help and will shy away from NE.

It starts with losing to the Jets tonight. A guy who will engaging in repeated spying of teams' practices and other misdeeds is not above "tanking" for one of the top 2 QBs in the 2021 draft. I can hear the mumbling during the press availability, "They're a well coached team and we have to avoid the mistakes. We don't have the depth we've had in recent years...mumble...mumble...mumble..."