Delusional Patriot Writer laments Bills win because it hurt the Pats chances to win the AFC East

Big Turk

1 minute ago, eball said:

I think the writer is clearly off base.  The Bills actually hurt their own playoff chances by defeating another NFC opponent, thereby weakening their tiebreaker position.

Hahahahaha...I TOTALLY forgot about this!!  Why do the Bills always screw things up???

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Maybe, but 2 games against the Jets, the Texans, and the Chargers that find ways to lose gets them to 6.  

It all comes down to Cam and I agree - the team looks bad, but if he finds ways to make plays - he beat the Dolphins already and beat the Raiders.

The team fell totally off with the COVID stuff (just like the Bills and their 2 weeks of unknowns) - I thought they were bad to start the season and figured a few things out.  Get onto a normal routine and the easy schedule and maybe they get something.

I hope they lose twice to the Jets to screw with the Draft, but I doubt it will happen - especially with Darnold out.

Texans are a bad matchup for New England. They can score on you they just can't stop anybody.... but New England don't take a lot of stopping haha. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Zimmer bailed us out in that game. They were driving right down the field on that last drive and ran all over us in the 2nd half. Hopefully it was more of a mental hurdle they had to overcome than anything. Now that's behind us hopefully we assert dominance in the AFCE for years to come. 

Bills ran into a bad matchup in the Pats, they were at worst going to tie that game before Zimmer bailed out that team. The Pats are bad but they can run the ball and they still play fairly disciplined. The Pats also got a bit lucky with a Bills turnover early in the first half. But then on the flip side the Bills ran into the perfect matchup against Seattle. Seattle was missing their best RB and weren't a consistent rushing team even with Carson in the backfield. Seattle also by going down early and the offense of the Bills consistently scoring kept the Seahawks from attempting to reestablish the run. 

The Bills are designed to slow down a one dimensional passing attack. They have a quality secondary, a lot of good second level blitzers (Edumonds and Poyer are good blitzer and Klein apparently is too) and a versatile defensive line that can generate pressure a lot of different ways IF they aren't getting run on. In the NFL it is all about matchups and the Bills ran into a good one on Sunday against Seattle and survived a bad one against the Pats. 7-2 onto AZ. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The first step in admitting anything is acceptance...clearly he has not accepted the Patriots demise. They are not winning anything this year. They aren't even going to a wildcard. They might actually lose to the Jets.

He writes the Bills win hurt the Pats ability to win the AFC East because the Pats had a good chance to make up ground. Claims winning the division isn't an impossible task but it just got harder. This dude is certifiable.

Come on man...just give it up already...

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-upset-seahawks-even-harder-200322424.html

HAHAHAHAHAHA..

31 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Next week they are on SNF against the Ravens. I wonder if the league will flex that game. The Ravens are probably going to kill them. Why risk having another blowout game on primetime just like NO-TB was.

They sometimes flex games to give someone an ass whipping if it will lead to higher ratings.

The Cam goes to Kansas City game was a good example.

You never know. Cam Newton has the ability to play well. They could go on a run (for a wild card spot max).

A few weeks ago we were all talking about how the Pats were still the team to beat. They put up points earlier in the year and they could potentially do that again. We barely beat them.

But yeah, I think the division crown is not in the equation at all for them.

35 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Next week they are on SNF against the Ravens. I wonder if the league will flex that game. The Ravens are probably going to kill them. Why risk having another blowout game on primetime just like NO-TB was.

No one could have seen last evening’s disaster coming, but I took perverse enjoyment from watching Tommy melt down 

• Like (+1) 1

If this were a national media guy, he ought to be fired for extreme bias, but since he's a Boston area guy and apparently writing from the perspective of New England fandom, it's understandable.  It's what they do.  It's a pipe dream, but that doesn't matter. 

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Texans are a bad matchup for New England. They can score on you they just can't stop anybody.... but New England don't take a lot of stopping haha. 

I agree, but prior to their COVID issues the Pats put 30 up on the Seahawks and 36 up on the Raiders.  They have not been the same since that game, but much like Allen getting healthy and suddenly looking like a world beater again - if they start to get healthy - especially at QB - they have a history of scoring.

Again - I though Cam was toast prior to the season and felt it was just time before he broke again, but I will not rule anything out until they are dead.

I mean the Texans just squeaked out a win over Jacksonville with Luton at QB and gave up 300 passing yards to Chark and the no names at WR.  Now Chark is better than any WR on NE, but I am not sure Luton is better than any QB on NE.

34 minutes ago, eball said:

I think the writer is clearly off base.  The Bills actually hurt their own playoff chances by defeating another NFC opponent, thereby weakening their tiebreaker position.

So Billsy

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

The first step in admitting anything is acceptance...clearly he has not accepted the Patriots demise. They are not winning anything this year. They aren't even going to a wildcard. They might actually lose to the Jets.

He writes the Bills win hurt the Pats ability to win the AFC East because the Pats had a good chance to make up ground. Claims winning the division isn't an impossible task but it just got harder. This dude is certifiable.

Come on man...just give it up already...

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-upset-seahawks-even-harder-200322424.html

Nothing untrue about it.  Two weeks ago I felt Pats had easiest remaining schedule which is still the case.  While not likely to happen unless Newton returns to week 1 and 2 form.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have a feeling the Pats might just lose tonight.

I'm rooting for the Jets just to take them one step away from #1 overall pick

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

I don’t think he is delusional at all.  Right now the Pats are playing like garbage, but they have a favorable schedule and I anticipated them beating out the Dolphins for 2nd in the division before the Dolphins beat the Cards. They have 5 more games they should be able to win and be favored in.  They have 2 NFC west teams left - those could go either way.  Then I think there are the Bills and Ravens as 2 highly likely losses.  That gave them a legitimate shot at 8 wins and I thought 2 place in the East, but I think Miami may get 2nd and NE might falter more - really depend upon Cam.

No he is delusional.

Games going "either way" in games is not going to cut it for the Patriots, they have to win.   Right now the Dolphins are a superior team with or without Fitz playing.   Tua appears to be the real deal and is gaining confidence and comfort ion the team, likely only going to get better.  I think the more relevant threat is for the Dolphins to beat the Bills for the AFC East crown.

1 hour ago, eball said:

do you know that when i first read that thread years ago it actually made sense in my head for like two seconds.  still have no idea how

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Zimmer bailed us out in that game. They were driving right down the field on that last drive and ran all over us in the 2nd half. Hopefully it was more of a mental hurdle they had to overcome than anything. Now that's behind us hopefully we assert dominance in the AFCE for years to come. 

Zimmer didnt "bail us out", in other words we got lucky.  No,  it was  a heads up play by Zimmer, that is what well coached teams do and no the Pats were not guaranteed to score a TD there or score at all, time was running low.

The Pats had a novel twist with Cam to start the year, started real hot.  Cam got Covid and other teams have learned how to attack him, the novelty wore off quickly.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Zimmer didnt "bail us out", in other words we got lucky.  No,  it was  a heads up play by Zimmer, that is what well coached teams do and no the Pats were not guaranteed to score a TD there or score at all, time was running low.

The Pats had a novel twist with Cam to start the year, started real hot.  Cam got Covid and other teams have learned how to attack him, the novelty wore off quickly.

As has been said before, the Zimmer play was a heads-up, high-effort play that was the result of good coaching and good execution, in addition to some luck. It's the kind of game-saving play that the Pats**** have been doing to us on a regular basis for years, yet they always were praised for their coaching and preparation.

Luck favors the prepared.

Edited by Rubes
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2