Delusional Patriot Writer laments Bills win because it hurt the Pats chances to win the AFC East

Big Turk

The first step in admitting anything is acceptance...clearly he has not accepted the Patriots demise. They are not winning anything this year. They aren't even going to a wildcard. They might actually lose to the Jets.

He writes the Bills win hurt the Pats ability to win the AFC East because the Pats had a good chance to make up ground. Claims winning the division isn't an impossible task but it just got harder. This dude is certifiable.

Come on man...just give it up already...

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-upset-seahawks-even-harder-200322424.html

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The first step in admitting anything is acceptance...clearly he has not accepted the Patriots demise. They are not winning anything this year. They aren't even going to a wildcard. They might actually lose to the Jets.

He writes the Bills win hurt the Pats ability to win the AFC East because the Pats had a good chance to make up ground. Claims winning the division isn't an impossible task but it just got harder. This dude is certifiable.

Come on man...just give it up already...

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-upset-seahawks-even-harder-200322424.html

I don’t think he is delusional at all.  Right now the Pats are playing like garbage, but they have a favorable schedule and I anticipated them beating out the Dolphins for 2nd in the division before the Dolphins beat the Cards. They have 5 more games they should be able to win and be favored in.  They have 2 NFC west teams left - those could go either way.  Then I think there are the Bills and Ravens as 2 highly likely losses.  That gave them a legitimate shot at 8 wins and I thought 2 place in the East, but I think Miami may get 2nd and NE might falter more - really depend upon Cam.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I don’t think he is delusional at all.  Right now the Pats are playing like garbage, but they have a favorable schedule and I anticipated them beating out the Dolphins for 2nd in the division before the Dolphins beat the Cards. They have 5 more games they should be able to win and be favored in.  They have 2 NFC west teams left - those could go either way.  Then I think there are the Bills and Ravens as 2 highly likely losses.  That gave them a legitimate shot at 8 wins and I thought 2 place in the East, but I think Miami may get 2nd and NE might falter more - really depend upon Cam.

If they get to 6 wins consider them lucky. That is a bad team.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

If they get to 6 wins consider them lucky. That is a bad team.

Maybe, but 2 games against the Jets, the Texans, and the Chargers that find ways to lose gets them to 6.  

It all comes down to Cam and I agree - the team looks bad, but if he finds ways to make plays - he beat the Dolphins already and beat the Raiders.

The team fell totally off with the COVID stuff (just like the Bills and their 2 weeks of unknowns) - I thought they were bad to start the season and figured a few things out.  Get onto a normal routine and the easy schedule and maybe they get something.

I hope they lose twice to the Jets to screw with the Draft, but I doubt it will happen - especially with Darnold out.

• Like (+1) 3

Super bowl contenders 😆  Yeah very delusional

Buffalo didn't play particularly well in that win over New England, but it quieted many critics Sunday with a great performance against a legit Super Bowl contender.

I think I see now it did mean the Hawks but it was pretty unclear and I read it with the rest of the nonsense

Edited by YattaOkasan

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Next week they are on SNF against the Ravens. I wonder if the league will flex that game. The Ravens are probably going to kill them. Why risk having another blowout game on primetime just like NO-TB was.

I hope they don't flex that game. I'm hoping for a one sided drubbing of the Pats in front of a national audience. I really enjoyed watching Brady get his beatdown last night even though the game itself was wasn't primetime quality. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I hope they don't flex that game. I'm hoping for a one sided drubbing of the Pats in front of a national audience. I really enjoyed watching Brady get his beatdown last night even though the game itself was wasn't primetime quality. 

I know they won't do it but Bills-Cards would make a great SNF game.

• Like (+1) 2

Zimmer bailed us out in that game. They were driving right down the field on that last drive and ran all over us in the 2nd half. Hopefully it was more of a mental hurdle they had to overcome than anything. Now that's behind us hopefully we assert dominance in the AFCE for years to come. 

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Next week they are on SNF against the Ravens. I wonder if the league will flex that game. The Ravens are probably going to kill them. Why risk having another blowout game on primetime just like NO-TB was.

AZ-BUF would be infinitely better and already scheduled for 4:05pm. Alas, NBC has to give 8 days notice.

• Like (+1) 1