A.J. Klein had a great game

msw2112

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

He had a great game, but I loved the play where he was in coverage and Wilson underthrew it and it hit him in the back

Was he covering Lockett on that play? That he was able to keep up with him and have good coverage, was shocking.

What a difference we saw from Klein from the 1st half to the 2nd half. I was just as stunned as everyone else, and I have been critical of his play.

Yes, it helped that the Seahawks stopped running the ball, but Klein was very effective as a pass rusher, and surprisingly very decent in coverage.

So what does this mean for Klein now? Do we bring him in for obvious passing downs, and use him in more blitz packages? Because we all saw how disruptive he can be, and I still don't know if we can trust him as much against the run.

This is quite a puzzle.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Success said:

His big plays were no fluke or just being in the right place at the right time.

He was dominating out there at times.  It was really encouraging to see. He gave our defense some moxie.

It is encouraging.  I would say his improved play probably has to do with Klein learning the system better and the "system" learning to use Klein correctly.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Was he covering Lockett on that play? That he was able to keep up with him and have good coverage, was shocking.

Yes he was covering him.  They were doing a zone blitz so he was covering Lockett so other players could blitz and Wilson saw easy coverage but was rushed.

What seemed evident to me is...

The Bills finally built a defensive gameplan using AJ Klein and his skillset at LB, instead of just building it like Milano was going to play and swapping in AJ like he is the same player.  

Milano being out for sure instead of questionable probably helped a ton.  So did the Seahawks being forced to be a little more one-dimensional...less thinking more playing really helped the defense with all the new pieces.

Agreed!  Good for him, good for us.  Early in the game I started complaining to my son when a Seahawk running back beat Klein to the corner for a first down.  After he sacked Wilson and caused/recovered the fumble I turned tomy so and said, "see you wanted to bench this guy" :)

I am not a fan of AJ...  never have been even when he was in Carolina.

Hawks' TE's did have a good game, even though that isn't directly attributed to AJ versus all of our LB's and secondary.

With that said, AJ played a really impressive game and glad to see he has some gas in the tank left.  Hopefully he can keep it going for the rest of the season, or at least the next three games.  Do any of you know when Darron Lee could be activated, I think he was officially signed to the p squad on Nov 2nd.  Does that mean this coming week?

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, but he didn't really keep up. He was probably 2-3 feet behind him. A badly underthrown ball that he had no idea was even thrown until it hit him because he was trying to catch up.

He had a great game though and hopefully they have figured out an effective way to keep using his talents. 

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes, but he didn't really keep up. He was probably 2-3 feet behind him. A badly underthrown ball that he had no idea was even thrown until it hit him because he was trying to catch up.

He had a great game though and hopefully they have figured out an effective way to keep using his talents. 

I'm still impressed.

He should have been 10 yards behind him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1