Is the weather really an issue for our passing attack?

Ramza86

2 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I think people are not recognizing that Josh's non throwing shoulder was injured. He got hurt in the Raiders game but I think he's healed up again. Of course it's easier to throw the ball in the less windy warmer weather but they brought Josh coz he has the arm to be able to do it in Buffalo when it matters. Not every team we'll be playing against can say the same about their qb.

Just because it was mentioned in the game by a couple of announcers doesnt mean that was actually the problem.

If i had to guess the weather was more to blame than his non throwing shoulder the last couple of weeks.

23 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No team has the consistent wind that our stadium has.  Maybe Cleveland?  New Jersey?  How many combined SBs among those 4 teams?  4 total?  And when the Giants won it was with superior defenses.  

Do we have data on this anywhere?  We all know the 10-15 mph aren't worth sweating.  But I feel like we've been playing in a lot of 20-25 mph games and that has impact.  

Rain, some snow is one thing.  Wind neutralizes the passing game.  

I think Kelly would have had bigger numbers if not for having a dominant running game most of his career, and playing outside in Buffalo.  

Buffalo is windy, yes. They should focus on engineering the new stadium to minimize that, if possible. However, the Pats/Gillette Stadium is currently the windiest on average. Shea Stadium was previously the windiest.

https://www.esquire.com/sports/g2491/nfl-severe-weather-stats/

Wind doesn't mean anything in the big picture. Just build a great team.

Shout out to that GB chick in the first picture....

3 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Just because it was mentioned in the game by a couple of announcers doesnt mean that was actually the problem.

If i had to guess the weather was more to blame than his non throwing shoulder the last couple of weeks.

Eh...Josh complained more about the brace. He had to remove it in the 4th quarter of the Jets game I think, despite the trainers telling him not to.... there's a link to the story in another thread. And Matt Hasselbeck explained how it caused throwing problems.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You all realize that by the time the dome gets built everyone on the current roster will be retired...right? 

My thought exactly when I got done reading the OP's post.  THANKS for pointing that out.....JA will be LONG gone or at the very least in his last year by the time a dome shows up in B-lo.  Long.  Long.  Gone....

been saying for several years, the poor weather games in Orchard Park don’t benefit the Bills at all. With this version of the Bills it’s clear that our offense performs worse in weather (and doesn’t affect the opponent as much)...and the D doesn’t perform better in it.

19 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Buffalo is windy, yes. They should focus on engineering the new stadium to minimize that, if possible. However, the Pats/Gillette Stadium is currently the windiest on average. Shea Stadium was previously the windiest.

https://www.esquire.com/sports/g2491/nfl-severe-weather-stats/

Wind doesn't mean anything in the big picture. Just build a great team.

Shout out to that GB chick in the first picture....

Eh...Josh complained more about the brace. He had to remove it in the 4th quarter of the Jets game I think, despite the trainers telling him not to.... there's a link to the story in another thread. And Matt Hasselbeck explained how it caused throwing problems.

Really? If you heard it ill take you at your word.

Hard to believe a brace is what stopped MVP level qb play.

I've been in the pro-dome crowd for a number of years but more than just because Josh Allen has done well in warm weather / controlled environment stadiums. It's several factors that include: rule changes over the years that have aided the Offense, a generation that is not as accustomed to being outside in the elements, and the way society has changed plus the development of players. 

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

...a generation that is not as accustomed to being outside in the elements...

If the generation you're referring to is the middle-aged to old people who actually spend the most money on more games/season tickets, then I agree. They want to sit in a comfy stadium. Most young people (of any generation) don't give a *****...lol

43 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Just because people said it and if you had to guess 😂😂😂

19 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Really? If you heard it ill take you at your word.

Hard to believe a brace is what stopped MVP level qb play.

Not really that hard to believe - if you watch the difference between his previous motion last year and earlier this year - the 2 things most recognized by reviewers (guys like cover 1 and former QBs) was the positioning of his off arm and shoulder (they joke about him eating a hamburger) - getting that arm tighter against his frame and up to allow him to get his hips through.  The second thing was keeping his base narrow so he can adjust the angle and velocity of the ball.

His base had been good for the last couple of games, but he was not as fluid getting his off arm correct and that prevents getting you shoulders in line.  That tends to cause balls to either sail or drop to the ground.  His throws weren’t way off - they just had not been along the same plane as before.  That improved markedly yesterday.

I think the KC and NE games you had weather impact, but Tennessee and NYJ you had arm placement issues.  I think that was the biggest fault we had in that game.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

All those who want a dome go to a GoFundMe for donations to pay for stadium.

Expect the state to pay for it?  Not a chance with COVID costs.

Expect the NFL? Same.

Expect the Pegulas alone?  Not a good investment and they have losses to recover from.

Yeah, Dome never happening.   Disaster financially , for the state, ownership and fans.   Frankly, a new stadium of any kind is a disaster financially for all invoived.  You ready to pay a $10,000 PSA fee to retain your opportunity to pay $200 / game for your upper deck season tickets?   Did not think so.  

Edited by ProcessTruster

I've long been a proponent of a dome.  Retractable roof is just too expensive.  Build a great place like they have in Minnesota. 

That said, you have to throw the ball in weather.  Both teams are playing in it.  Josh has the arm strength to play in weather.    Missing a wide open Diggs on a deep sideline throw by 5 yards was not the elements it was a bad throw by Allen who had a clean pocket.  That is a throw he just has to make.  

I also think what people are forgetting is can Daboll adjust his playcalling to the weather?  Can he feature more throws to the tight ends? Can he dink and dunk with safe passes.  Yesterday Josh threw a lot of deep outs to the sidelines.  In wind those become very dangerous.  Also have to add in the slippery element of snow.  Hitting a guy coming out a break is harder if they are slipping.  

There is only one reason for the Pegula’s to want a fixed roof dome(a retractable roof is never going to happen...$$$), and that is to put more fannies in the seats when the weather turns to crap.  

The style of play will have NOTHING to do with their decision. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

There is only one reason for the Pegula’s to want a fixed roof dome(a retractable roof is never going to happen...$$$), and that is to put more fannies in the seats when the weather turns to crap.  

Steelers haven't had much trouble scoring over the years and they play on grass/mud in crap weather, so.... 

16 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

This for sure.  They aren't going to make a multi-billion dollar decision based on the current make up of the team.  They team will be much different by the time that a new stadium is built.  Not to mention.  Stadiums are built to last for decades, which will have a lot of different styles during its use

Also, Josh Allen has one of the strongest arms in the NFL.  His play does regress a little in the elements, but if anyone can deal with wind/bad weather its him.  He might have to get used to it a little longer

Edited by BillsCuse