Is Tua hype the new Darnold hype?

whatdrought

Maybe im a homer, but for two years I have been annoyed by media falling all over Darnold while hating on Allen. If Darnold sucked, it was his surrounding cast taking the blame. If Allen did something wrong it was “well we knew he was inconsistent coming out.”

Well now Darnold is done and Allen is a bonafide star, so you would think the positive energy would go towards Allen... right?

But so far, after yesterday, here’s what I’m seeing:

”Seattle’s defense is so bad and really allowed Allen to work.”

”My god!! Did you see Tua? That was ***** amazing!”

am I imagining this? 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Maybe im a homer, but for two years I have been annoyed by media falling all over Darnold while hating on Allen. If Darnold sucked, it was his surrounding cast taking the blame. If Allen did something wrong it was “well we knew he was inconsistent coming out.”

Well now Darnold is done and Allen is a bonafide star, so you would think the positive energy would go towards Allen... right?

am I imagining this? 

Tua is playing OK, nothing special at all.

However he's played 2 games, we'll see how he is for the long haul. As of now, it's still way too early to tell. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tua could have gone first overall if not for his injury, he warrants the hype. Darnold was very good early on, he deserved the hype.  It's expected, not a big deal.

Seattles defense is awful, that's why Dabol basically threw every down until about the 4th qtr.

None of this should take away from Allen and the Bills and I don't think it does. Bills got some great praise last night on the broadcasts.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

am I imagining this? 

Nope. I believe it has a lot to do with Buffalo having been irrelevant so long. So many didn’t care for so long (with good reason) that it’s hard to shake. Fortunately, the Bills will force them to take notice. 

Tua, looks good, and Flores is taking it slow, as he should, but let's not get crazy.  AZ is not a top tier defense, let's see how he does against teams that can defend the pass.

Allen, on the other hand excels at passing.  In spite of McD's tendencies, they had a great game plan yesterday.  Our strength Vs. their weakness..  Seems dumb to write that outm but the same plan should be for next week with a few wrinkles.  :)

Tim-

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

am I imagining this? 

I watched that game yesterday.  Tua played well.  He made one TD throw that was really, really good.  Team will get some film on him and will start game planning for him.  Meanwhile, the Miami D has been getting TDs from the D.  Should be interesting to watch.  I didn't want him to be the real deal, after all, I  discount (bias)  all Alabama players automatically when you come from a team that consistently gets the best players.

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

why can't you guys just enjoy the game? That game was great to watch and both QBs made a lot of plays

It’s not about not enjoying the game... but seeing the media’s reaction to the game is part of that. 

tell me Darnold wasn’t artificially propped up by the media the past few years while Allen has to work twice as hard to get respect?

• Like (+1) 6

Also, don’t get me wrong- I’m not saying Tua played poorly. He could be a hall of famer for all I know- too early to say. 

i guess my overall point is this:

The media has QB’s they love, regardless of how they play, and QB’s they are apathetic about, regardless of how they play. 

They loved Rosen pre-draft. They loved Darnold and still refuse to take the L on that. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

the new Darnold, the new Mayfield, the new Minschew, the new - Everybody but Josh Allen!!!   

dont forget duck dodgers or whatever his name was last year on the steelers

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, wjag said:

I watched that game yesterday.  Tua played well.  He made one TD throw that was really, really good.  Team will get some film on him and will start game planning for him.  Meanwhile, the Miami D has been getting TDs from the D.  Should be interesting to watch.  I didn't want him to be the real deal, after all, I  discount (bias)  all Alabama players automatically when you come from a team that consistently gets the best players.

I saw the score and then looked at the box and wondered how they had long drives, and 24 first downs,  when they only had 312 yards.  Seems like it was probably a strange game.  

In any case, they won - and their defense is still scoring.  They made a 59 yard FG at half, and arizona missed the game tying FG.  Sometimes you need a bit of luck *Cough* ryan succop *cough*.

I think their inability to run the ball will harm them moving forward.  

28 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

am I imagining this? 

Give it a few games with film to study.  Let's not get the gold jacket out yet.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

am I imagining this? 

Dude I'm with you I just don't get it. Even during the game they kept s a Ying this is the 31st ranked defense so frustrating 

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It’s not about not enjoying the game... but seeing the media’s reaction to the game is part of that. 

tell me Darnold wasn’t artificially propped up by the media the past few years while Allen has to work twice as hard to get respect?

I don't pay attention to the media. I don't care what they say or don't say about the Bills. I watch football all day and play fantasy as well. I just like watching the games.

• Like (+1) 1