Allen's maturation has been impressive to watch...key audible changed the game yesterday

Big Turk

7 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Ive also noticed how a flick of the wrist travels 30 yards on a rope. Every time I see it I shake my head and question my lying eyes. I just can't remember ever quite seeing that before.

Same here.  Makes me wonder, how far would the damn ball travel if Josh cocked back and put his everything into a throw?  Might be like the Aaron Rodgers State Farm commercial where he's throwing the tennis ball with his dog, and on the last throw he chucks it and the ball disappears into the sky, and his dog just sits down. 😄

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Not quite on topic, but watching Brown’ acceleration on that play was one of my favorite moments of the game. 

One of my favourite was watching Darryl Johnson destroy a Hawks kickoff returner after a Bills TD. Plays like that are a message to a team looking to regroup and come back. The message is "no, not today". Bills had a number of plays like that yesterday. Truth is they dominated Seattle in all three phases of the game - beginning with the opening kickoff. I suspect that McCoach had something to say to his team during the week leading up to the game. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, warrior9 said:

I heard Josh say, "Hey.. hey.. Gold Whip.. Gold Whip"  (or something along those lines) ... I'd have to assume it was an audible or at least one of the two plays called in the huddle

8 hours ago, WatfordBills said:

Yep vs the Pats it was "Gold Tornado". Yesterday it was "Gold Whip". He might need a new audible without the word "gold" in it

On 11/9/2020 at 8:26 AM, matter2003 said:

Feliciano stated that the huge play to Brown on that 3rd and 16 where Allen threw the WR screen and Brown raced down to the 2 was an audible from Josh because he noticed an all out pressure coming and saw the DB playing way off Brown. 

We have heard several other times this year about great checks Allen has made at the line that have resulted in big plays but perhaps none was bigger than this one to really put a dagger in Seattle's attempted comeback at that point in the game.

Seeing Allen's maturation and him making great checks based on the film study and preparation and understanding of what is going on is great to see and he is only scratching the surface of his potential...

So what you're saying is Daboll still isn't the one to counter the all out blitz? Even after the previous two drives full of them? Scary thoughts... Thankfully Josh knew better.

My play was the 3rd & 6 near halftime where if forced to punt Seattle has a chance to score & momentum & the ball to start the second half.

Rolls out under pressure, no chance to run for the 1st & hits Beasley for 23 yards on the run.

Maybe the most important play & showed the maturation of Allen in full force. 

Edited by Billsfan1972

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

So what you're saying is Daboll still isn't the one to counter the all out blitz? Even after the previous two drives full of them? Scary thoughts... Thankfully Josh knew better.

I don't think this is an accurate statement. Likely he calls a play or two playa and then Allen's job is to get them into the right play based on the defense and what they are doing. Or to audible to a check at the line.

This is similar to how all other offenses run so I am not sure what the point is you are trying to make.

Ultimately the QB has a lot of input into the play that gets ran IF the OC allows him to audible, which in some cases with young QBs is not the case.

Also that screen to Zack Moss that hit for like 25 or 30 yards was definitely a Daboll call.

Edited by matter2003

On 11/9/2020 at 9:09 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i couldn’t tell if that play was designed to be a pass, or a RPO,  or was Josh improvising.

It was a designed fake run, pass play.  You can tell by the way the OLINE faked run blocking, and then pass blocked.  This was a great change-up from the other 20 times we ran it from a similar down/distance/field position with a similar formation and set.

Another changeup was actually snapping the ball at the end of a quarter against favorable looks, when they had just been going for the off-sides calls.

On 11/9/2020 at 8:16 AM, CorkScrewHill said:

Yep .. I posted this on the post game thread ... Hasselbeck actually predicted Josh would excel today as he should be recovered. Mentioned when wearing the brace you tend to float it high

he starts a little after me the 2 minute mark

Damn, that's almost prophetic. I gotta start paying more attention to Hasselbeck. 

On 11/9/2020 at 4:55 PM, smuvtalker said:

Same here.  Makes me wonder, how far would the damn ball travel if Josh cocked back and put his everything into a throw?  Might be like the Aaron Rodgers State Farm commercial where he's throwing the tennis ball with his dog, and on the last throw he chucks it and the ball disappears into the sky, and his dog just sits down. 😄

I remember the first few games Allen played the ball would be caught before the cameraman could get the receiver in the picture...now they are usually pretty good but every once in a while when he dials it up it still happens.