Allen's maturation has been impressive to watch...key audible changed the game yesterday

Big Turk

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's been wearing a brace since the Raiders game.  In Tenn, it was a big contraption almost analogous to what Milano was wearing.  In KC, he was wearing the same and in frustration took it off in the 4th Q.  You could see him on the sidelines vehemently shaking his head at a trainer (who presumably wanted him to put it back on).  Against the Jets, he was wearing a smaller, less restrictive brace over kinesotape.  You can see it in the Bills PR photo day of the Jets game here:

Against the Patriots, I couldn't see a brace visible, but Bangedup says he's still wearing one - it may be a still less bulky and less restrictive one that fits under his clothes.  It may also have been one reason for the run-heavy gameplan vs. the Pats.  I didn't see one this week, in practice or in the game - he may still have been taped.  I know from personal experience that a good PT can do more with tape than many braces can achieve, and the right tape and spray products will produce a tape job that will hold against sweat and showers.

You can search Dr Kyle Trimble's blog for mentions of Allen, newest weeks first.

https://bangedupbills.com/

It's been visible and Bangedupbills has talked about it on his blog.

Pretty sure it is still taped. Saw something coming from under his sleeve in the 4th quarter.  Looked like his touch was coming back yesterday. 

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Bradshaw is, was and always will be a joke.  His comments pre-game yesterday proved that.   No consideration of the weather, game plan, etc. , just Josh Allen is back to his old form, inaccurate blah blah blah.  

Bradshaw is too much bluster, little substance and unlimited annoyance. I wish we beat his beloved Steelers and hear from him how Ben was having an off day. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

so help me out here. which games did allen where the left arm brace?  cause that seems to have been the reason for his problems

I do not know but he should have talked to Gronk during offseason on how to use it properly.

With all of those sacks using it properly may have discouraged some rushers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanTalbotBills/status/1325783009539264513

Jamal Adams and Jalen Ramsey criticized Josh Allen heavily after the #Bills drafted him in 2018. Here are Allen’s stat lines vs. Adams and Ramsey this year. Adams/#Seahawks

NFL_2020_2021_Seahawks.png

: 31/38, 415 yards, 4 total TDs Ramsey/#Rams: 24/31, 311 yards, 4 total TDs, 1 INT

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

It was Gold solo rip (maybe whip) in the Jets game. 

I was thinking about this yesterday but I think were ok.  Its an audible for a Cover 0 blitz.  Thats hard to check out of and the throw is going to the WR with a defender playing off coverage it looks like (usually Brown cause youre gonna press beasley) so youre not alerting a guy directly defending the play.  Thus, I think we might be ok. 

My biggest fear would be the press player going to brown and making an impact play (like a pick).  Otherwise maybe a rusher or that CB recognizes and makes the play for a small gain only which wouldnt be the end of the world.

Press player shouldn't be able to get there because those WR's are able to block immediately since the throw is behind the line of scrimmage and they are within a yard past the line of scrimmage.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Wow - if this is true about JA and his shoulder....man.  Just man!  Bring on those Cards!!!

Yep...McD said Josh is a tough sucker and many QBs would have taken a game or two off with that same injury. My faith in a 12-4 season is back!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Press player shouldn't be able to get there because those WR's are able to block immediately since the throw is behind the line of scrimmage and they are within a yard past the line of scrimmage.

Yeah agree its not much of a concern but maybe a swim or shed of the block if you know its coming.  The ball doesnt have heat on it.  

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Unbelievable...

...Josh Allen's stats in the five games he has played without the brace are 136 of 186, a 73.11 completion percentage, for 1,741 yards (348 yards per game), with 15 tds, 1 interception a passer rating of 126.66.

And that "1 INT" is from the Rams game and wasnt a real interception.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

One of my favorite moments of the season.  Josh in the close up because it’s a critical 3rd down and he yells “Gold whip” twice.  I’ve been watching close this season and I jumped out of my seat. Told my brother in law that a WR screen was coming and it’s gonna be good. When they went to the wide angle I found Brown right away and then boom sauce. That was a lot of fun. 

Yeah that was perfect production work how they caught him checking in to something else at just the right moment.

I didn't know what it was when he was calling it, but it was clear he saw something reeeeeal juicy and was taking advantage. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Unbelievable...

...Josh Allen's stats in the five games he has played without the brace are 136 of 186, a 73.11 completion percentage, for 1,741 yards (348 yards per game), with 15 tds, 1 interception a passer rating of 126.66.

I'm one who takes all stats "with a grain of salt" but that is an incredible one.

Josh improvement trajectory is wonderful and all reasonable data suggests the ceiling could be higher.

Shout out to Mr. Diggs and the rest of the receivers' for helping in this.

It's a fun time to be a Bills fan!

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

Another audible appeared to be the  TD to Davis...Where he initially at least faked for running in  by himself and then did a double pump and threw to a wide open Davis.

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i couldn’t tell if that play was designed to be a pass, or a RPO,  or was Josh improvising.

Looked like it was designed.

Tim Tebow did that play a lot at Florida.

JA grows in spurts. He grew a foot in height and 30 pounds in weight one year as a teenager. He's grown by leaps and bounds as an NFL QB since entering the league, especially year 2 to year 3. Scary thing is that he's got room to grow and is clearly still on an upward trajectory. He's got things to prove, but next year at this time (if not before) he may well be credibly mentioned in the discussion about who is the best QB.

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Almost certain it was by design. Florida and Tebow ran that play all the time around the goal line. With Allen's threat to run the ball it is a great play call

I said the same thing to my friends at the bar yesterday. "That's the Tim Tebow play!"

I don't mean to jump off topic fellas, but you know another thing that I notice watching Josh sling the rock?  And to be honest I've really been seeing it since week 2, although I'm sure he's been doing it all season.  Josh barely flicks his wrist and the ball comes out on a frozen rope.  I mean, damn near every throw, its like he's barely using any arm strength and the ball travels 20 - 40 yards like a LASER.  I'll be a monkey's uncle if there's ANY other qb in the league who even comes close to Allen's arm strength.  You know why there wasn't a throw off between Allen and Mahomes?  Because it would've been an embarrassment to Mahomes.  No disrespect, Mahomes is an absolute baller, but he couldn't touch Allen's arm strength with a ten foot pole.  All of the improvements he made in the off-season, one of the most unsung, IMO, was him learning to take a little pepper off his fastball.  And what is just effing insane?  This kid is 24 freaking years old.....My God.  

Sorry for that little outburst.  Back to our regularly scheduled topic.  Yeah that was a great audible, rah rah rah...

8 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I don't mean to jump off topic fellas, but you know another thing that I notice watching Josh sling the rock?  And to be honest I've really been seeing it since week 2, although I'm sure he's been doing it all season.  Josh barely flicks his wrist and the ball comes out on a frozen rope.  I mean, damn near every throw, its like he's barely using any arm strength and the ball travels 20 - 40 yards like a LASER.  I'll be a monkey's uncle if there's ANY other qb in the league who even comes close to Allen's arm strength.  You know why there wasn't a throw off between Allen and Mahomes?  Because it would've been an embarrassment to Mahomes.  No disrespect, Mahomes is an absolute baller, but he couldn't touch Allen's arm strength with a ten foot pole.  All of the improvements he made in the off-season, one of the most unsung, IMO, was him learning to take a little pepper off his fastball.  And what is just effing insane?  This kid is 24 freaking years old.....My God.  

Sorry for that little outburst.  Back to our regularly scheduled topic.  Yeah that was a great audible, rah rah rah...

Ive also noticed how a flick of the wrist travels 30 yards on a rope. Every time I see it I shake my head and question my lying eyes. I just can't remember ever quite seeing that before.

• Like (+1) 1