Allen's maturation has been impressive to watch...key audible changed the game yesterday

Big Turk

Feliciano stated that the huge play to Brown on that 3rd and 16 where Allen threw the WR screen and Brown raced down to the 2 was an audible from Josh because he noticed an all out pressure coming and saw the DB playing way off Brown. 

We have heard several other times this year about great checks Allen has made at the line that have resulted in big plays but perhaps none was bigger than this one to really put a dagger in Seattle's attempted comeback at that point in the game.

Seeing Allen's maturation and him making great checks based on the film study and preparation and understanding of what is going on is great to see and he is only scratching the surface of his potential...

• Like (+1) 33
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 4

One of my favorite moments of the season.  Josh in the close up because it’s a critical 3rd down and he yells “Gold whip” twice.  I’ve been watching close this season and I jumped out of my seat. Told my brother in law that a WR screen was coming and it’s gonna be good. When they went to the wide angle I found Brown right away and then boom sauce. That was a lot of fun. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

so help me out here. which games did allen where the left arm brace?  cause that seems to have been the reason for his problems

Every game since the Raiders game.

Removed yesterday.

Just now, Worstcaseontario said:

Hasselbeck said he had a similar brace on and his throws were off during time, which could of been why josh wasnt as good weeks prior 

Possible the brace held that arm tight to his body and screwed up his mechanics slightly?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Worstcaseontario said:

Hasselbeck said he had a similar brace on and his throws were off during time, which could of been why josh wasnt as good weeks prior 

Yep .. I posted this on the post game thread ... Hasselbeck actually predicted Josh would excel today as he should be recovered. Mentioned when wearing the brace you tend to float it high

he starts a little after me the 2 minute mark

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

so help me out here. which games did allen where the left arm brace?  cause that seems to have been the reason for his problems

He's been wearing a brace since the Raiders game.  In Tenn, it was a big contraption almost analogous to what Milano was wearing.  In KC, he was wearing the same and in frustration took it off in the 4th Q.  You could see him on the sidelines vehemently shaking his head at a trainer (who presumably wanted him to put it back on).  Against the Jets, he was wearing a smaller, less restrictive brace over kinesotape.  You can see it in the Bills PR photo day of the Jets game here:

Against the Patriots, I couldn't see a brace visible, but Bangedup says he's still wearing one - it may be a still less bulky and less restrictive one that fits under his clothes.  It may also have been one reason for the run-heavy gameplan vs. the Pats.  I didn't see one this week, in practice or in the game - he may still have been taped.  I know from personal experience that a good PT can do more with tape than many braces can achieve, and the right tape and spray products will produce a tape job that will hold against sweat and showers.

You can search Dr Kyle Trimble's blog for mentions of Allen, newest weeks first.

https://bangedupbills.com/

10 minutes ago, dbmu1977 said:

Red Ryan just said josh has been playing with a separated shoulder, first I heard that... anyone else?

It's been visible and Bangedupbills has talked about it on his blog.

59 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Feliciano stated that the huge play to Brown on that 3rd and 16 where Allen threw the WR screen and Brown raced down to the 2 was an audible from Josh because he noticed an all out pressure coming and saw the DB playing way off Brown. 

We have heard several other times this year about great checks Allen has made at the line that have resulted in big plays but perhaps none was bigger than this one to really put a dagger in Seattle's attempted comeback at that point in the game.

Seeing Allen's maturation and him making great checks based on the film study and preparation and understanding of what is going on is great to see and he is only scratching the surface of his potential...

I missed that Josh was the reason for that call, as I gave credit to Daboll in my other recap.  It was a perfect call for the moment and Josh delivered the throw on the money