What were you doing in 1993?

I was 22 and had just gotten out of the Navy in September of 1993.  I was living with my parents and I'm pretty sure I was working as a driver for a shuttle service (driving people to the airport, etc.).

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Drinking Zima and looking for a date to the winter dance.

If you really wanted a date, you should have grabbed a beer, offered the Zima to the girl you wanted to ask and told her you'd throw in a splash of grenadine, if she'd say 'yes'. 😉 :beer:

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I’m actually wearing a structure shirt today. I have no idea where it came from but it fits

What is going on here? I was wearing a Structure shirt Saturday evening (true story). 😃

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Before Structure I worked at a Chess King, lol!  Lmk if any gems from that classy joint show up in your wardrobe!!

Then I discovered the restaurant industry is where the money and the chicks were. Never worked retail again.

Haha! Small world. Chess King was my go to place in the mid '80s and then it was Structure in the '90s until a buddy of mine and I walked in one day, looked around, and he said to me, "Dude, what happened? We're like 5 years too old for this place now." 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

If you really wanted a date, you should have grabbed a beer, offered the Zima to the girl you wanted to ask and told her you'd throw in a splash of grenadine, if she'd say 'yes'. 😉 :beer:

What is going on here? I was wearing a Structure shirt Saturday evening (true story). 😃

Haha! Small world. Chess King was my go to place in the mid '80s and then it was Structure in the '90s until a buddy of mine and I walked in one day, looked around, and he said to me, "Dude, what happened? We're like 5 years too old for this place now." 😂

That happens to all of us at some point at our first bar, I think.

I was 18 and praying the Bills could make it to the SB since it was where I lived.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

I had been a season ticket holder for 10 years, hoping they could win the big one. Alas, they couldn't. But back then, you could take a thermos into the game. That made thing so much better. So here we are, 27 years later, and I still have season tickets and still hoping to see the Bills win the big one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was an unemployed grown-up who came out to shovel snow at RWS before the AFC Championship game against KC, so I could justify buying a ticket. Ralph gave every shoveler their pay and a FREE ticket. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, dorquemada said:

PJ Bottoms, 32oz draft for $1

good lord how did i survive that

Green beer on St Patrick's Day.  I was also a big fan of Third Base's Thursday $5 all-you-can-drink.   

UB Class of '87

4 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Freshman year of UB.

I puked on a table at the Subway across from the Metro Rail on Main one night after PJ Bottoms.  I was definitely “that guy” for a while.

Live & learn! (and don’t order a meatball bomber on a belly full of Golden Anniversary!)

Ah yes those were fun times.  I was in College too & we pretty much drank until we puked.  I remember my dad had early flight with his friends to Miami for the bills game one Saturday morning.  He asked me to drive him to the airport earlier that week.  Here it is 4:30 in the morning my dad is all excited to go on his trip he asked if I was ready to take him and here I am dry heaving on the front porch.  I looked at him & said "yeah dad why don't you give me a minute."  

• Haha (+1) 1

Looking forward to the new for1993 4th Gen Camaro and Firebird.

Cheering for the Bills to make it 4 in a row

Going to a game or two at the Ralph in my winter beater 1978 Impala :)

Cruising in my 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA until late November when I parked it until April :(