What were you doing in 1993?

I started my Senior year of high school in 1993. That fall, my friends and I went to Rich Stadium for Monday night football against the Washington *******’s. That following Friday night I had the thrill of playing in that same stadium for a high school playoff game (Sam Coward was in the stands!). I remember touching the turf after the game and thinking “this was a chance of a lifetime “. That was the last football game I ever played. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, teef said:

he also wore singlets while lifting kettle bells at a beach setting.  

You know his chest hair is curly.  It always sticking out of the neck in his collar shirts.

23 minutes ago, Beast said:

You forgot I did it while wearing Ray-Ban's and covering myself in baby oil and having mousse in my hair.

Did you also block your vision with your long hair?

Men's Hairstyles Through the Ages: 5 Iconic Styles for Each Decade - Men  Hairstyles World

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You know his chest hair is curly.  It always sticking out of the neck in his collar shirts.

Did you also block your vision with your long hair?

Men's Hairstyles Through the Ages: 5 Iconic Styles for Each Decade - Men  Hairstyles World

No, I had the Val Kilmer, Ice Man, look.

15 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Don’t see many Peter Jennings name-drops these days 😂 

Yeah - Peter has been gone for some time now and network news is not the way most people get their news anymore. Even as a kid I was a huge newshound (and pre-Internet, network news WAS the way you got he stories of the day) - I was always a big Peter Jennings watcher so the opportunity to work with him on my first job out of school was a thrill...

1993 was one of the most tumultuous years of my life.  Not only was a I suffering depression from a 3rd consecutive Bills Super Bowl loss to start out the year, but my marriage was dissolving, and there didn't seem to be much I could do to stop it. I was 28, moved into a ***** 1 bedroom apartment, and listened to Neil Young "Harvest Moon", Dwight Yoakam "This Time" and the self-titled "Kelly Willis" album over and over and over again, for about 6 moths straight.  It wasn't as bad, once football rolled around again!

12 hours ago, Augie said:

Not sure which one you hit up, but it made me feel good when I went back a few years ago and one of the owners recognized me and the Labatts were free all night. I was spending money when we were all just trying to get by back then! They seem to be killing it now. Big  Mike and skinny Mike are great guys. 

It’s a bit better than average bar food, but a great vibe. 

I hope to have a place by the Hillview location one day. Add that to the wife’s dream of a mountain house.....OK, we can dream, right? 

EDIT: The original spot was in the Landings, where we lived. Apparently they still have that space for events. How I miss those old days......

Never got to meet the owners... but enjoy the place. Better than average food and a good atmosphere, like you said. 

I frequented the one on North Cattlemen RD. but have been to the one on Tamiami Trail a few times as well. 

Love the area... never been over by Hillview... at least as far as I know. I’ll have to check it out next time I am back. 

2 hours ago, The Avenger said:

Yeah - Peter has been gone for some time now and network news is not the way most people get their news anymore. Even as a kid I was a huge newshound (and pre-Internet, network news WAS the way you got he stories of the day) - I was always a big Peter Jennings watcher so the opportunity to work with him on my first job out of school was a thrill...

Well while I was puking my way around UB, I was a Comm major with a Media Studies minor, so respect to you.