What were you doing in 1993?

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Sounds like a first appearance and last appearance. My google machine tells me he played nearly 170 games for Wigan too. They must have been forgettable. In the late 90s I feel like I pretty much knew who most of the players in the football league were (blame the original Championship Manager) and yet he is a mystery to me.

My brother was a Champo player. I relied on getting my soccer knowledge from Shoot! magazine and then later FourFourTwo. 

Tough year for me.  I was ten, it was the year my Father passed away from a heart attack at 38.   Guy was my best friend and hero, watched and learned so much sports with/from him.

Learned a lot of tough lessons from his passing but God has blessed me ten fold since then.  Now I have two sons to share those lessons with.  My oldest called me five minutes after Sundays game and before I could say hello he yelled "I told you thatd beat the Seahawks"  

Looking through my Dads old year book cleaning up my garage couple weeks back and his senior quote was "Enjoy it, it goes too fast."  I agree.  Enjoy it and Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BritBill said:

My brother was a Champo player. I relied on getting my soccer knowledge from Shoot! magazine and then later FourFourTwo. 

I have every FourFourTwo from about issue 65 until about issue 200. They are still on my book shelf in my bedroom and I love digging one out occasionally and having a read.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have every FourFourTwo from about issue 65 until about issue 200. They are still on my book shelf in my bedroom and I love digging one out occasionally and having a read.

Lovely stuff. I was never an avid keeper of magazines or programmes really. I've kept the programmes from some of the bigger City games over the years and any I got when watching England.

I do have a genuine 1966 World Cup Final programme in the loft which my other half got me for Christmas a few years back. 

I still love completing a sticker album but only for major international tournaments these days. That's one thing I stopped doing in the 90's when other distractions happened. 

In November 1993 I was single and turned 30 (for the first time). Got a brand new pair of skis and was planning an early season trip to Utah. Company I had been with was relocating to northern Virginia and I was offered a package to move which I declined. At the time I was working on a proposal and had we won they would have opened an office in Denver. Me and the new skis would have relocated there in a heartbeat but we ended up losing the proposal. That was really disappointing. I'll always wonder how that would have changed my life.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you have a broom brush mustache, wear sweat pants with the elastic bottoms, drink Milwaukee's Best and complain that the price of stamps went up again?

No stache.

Yes, I did wear sweatpants with the elastic bottoms. 

Moosehead was my beer of choice back then.

Probably.

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Moosehead huh?  Did you fail any annual physicals because of it?

In my 20's? I could have eaten pizza, wings and milkshakes every day and never failed a physical. 

Those were the days.

Edited by Beast

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you have a broom brush mustache, wear sweat pants with the elastic bottoms, drink Milwaukee's Best and complain that the price of stamps went up again?

he also wore singlets while lifting kettle bells at a beach setting.  

13 minutes ago, teef said:

he also wore singlets while lifting kettle bells at a beach setting.  

You forgot I did it while wearing Ray-Ban's and covering myself in baby oil and having mousse in my hair.

Edited by Beast