What were you doing in 1993?

7 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

It’s all relative my dude. Young at heart. Old in the knee bones.

I was also driving an 85 Chevy Cavalier and working at Structure. None of which even exist anymore.

I was probably outside skating with my Eddie Bauer skates.  I tried a Mello Yello stand but never put the drinks on ice and it was the summer.  No one bought my warm pop.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I had to clean up that table, took me almost an hour. THANKS

Well yeah. I probably drank half a barrel myself that night 😂 

Then there was the time I was taking a leak on the wall outside of PJs and some Buffalo cops rolled up. Shouted at me to come over to their car, and asked for ID, berating me the whole time (definitely deserved) for pissing on the street.

I had to shuffle past my chalked license and handed them my student ID. Cop says “I’m holding this until you go back in that bar, get some water and rinse that f—in wall off!!”. Which I did. The bouncers were cracking up, pretty sure the cops were trying not to crack up. Gave me my ID back and said “next time go back to your dorm to piss!”.

Man I used to be an idiot. Still am, but I used to be too.

• Haha (+1) 2

I always get a kick out of these "where were you in ....." questions.  I had just turned 33, had just started potty training our first kid and was still thrilled that the Bills were the Best of the AFC....it also represented the last year I saw the Bills play in person for nearly 20 years - we had our 2nd kid and the Mrs. kind of put the kibosh on driving to Buffalo for a long weekend every year once we had kids.  Then life happened and the Bills sucked so it wasn't really worth the drive.  

I was 15 and didn't renew my sole season ticket from the year before. Big regret, considering we moved away in 1995. 

I'm more of a Bills nutjob now than I was then. Perhaps I'm less mature at 42......

Currently enjoying a post-game beverage out of a Bills stemless tumbler, while rocking a standing red buffalo t-shirt.

• Like (+1) 1

I was watching my three year old run all over the house....now she has her own three year old who’s running all over her house! Circle of Life.

While we’re at it...did anyone know that the STEELERS are 8-0 for the first time? With literally decades of winning seasons in their franchise history I found that hard to believe.

Fall of 93, sophomore year college at SUNY New Paltz.  Working 40+ hours a week, 15 credits in school while going out drinking 6 nights a week.  An amazing time of my life and happy to have gone through that in the year 1993.  I miss the 90s

• Like (+1) 3