CBS: Bucs get an 'F' in blowout loss, Seahawks D+, Bills A+

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/buccaneers-at-saints-score-tom-brady-suffers-worst-loss-of-career-as-new-orleans-pummels-tampa-bay/live/

Buccaneers at Saints score: Tainted T*m Br*dy suffers worst loss of career as New Orleans pummels Tampa Bay 38-3
The Saints complete the season sweep up their division rivals and now have a case for best team in the NFC

How bad was the loss for the Bucs? Well, it was the most lopsided loss of Brady's career, topping his 31-0 shellacking at the hands of the Buffalo Bills back in 2003. Brady also posted the worst QB rating of his career in that four-interception dud 17 years ago, and while his three-interception performance on Sunday night didn't surpass that abysmal performance, his 40.4 QB rating marks his third-worst game of his career (behind another four-pick game in 2006 where Brady's Patriots lost 27-20).

NFL insider notes: Bills finally play up to competition

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-bills-finally-play-up-to-competition-panthers-play-another-close-one-and-more-from-week-9/

josh-allen-bills.jpg

The Buffalo Bills finally got over the New England hump last week, but that wasn't enough for these Bills. Sean McDermott and Josh Allen beating a broken-down Patriots team gave the team confidence, no doubt. But it didn't instill confidence that they could top a playoff team.

Sunday did just that. In Buffalo's 44-34 beatdown of the Seahawks, the Bills finally showed they belong on that tier of good-to-great teams by throttling Russell Wilson. Allen threw for 415 yards and three touchdowns, the defense turned the leading MVP candidate over four times and, thanks to special teams, the Bills won the field position battle as well.

But the Bills figured it out Sunday to reclaim the accolades that they held after one month of this season. A Buffalo defense that had allowed opponents to convert more than half their third downs this season stopped Seattle on nine of their 12 attempts. They gave up just 3.4 rushing yards per attempt and tallied three second-half takeaways as the Seahawks tried to tighten the game

All three phases!

A+

You can't ask for anything more than what the Buffalo Bills gave Sean McDermott in Week 9. Offensively, Josh Allen's unit was superb. The third-year quarterback threw just four incompletions in the first half to go along with 282 yards through the air and three touchdowns. Allen finished with 415 passing yards and four total touchdowns in the win. Meanwhile, the 34 points allowed may not tell the entire story about how much the Bills defense disrupted Russell Wilson. Not only did they sack him five times, but that pressure helped create four turnovers on the afternoon. When Buffalo plays like this, not many teams in the league will be able to stop them. 
Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Thanks for sharing Limeaid. It really did feel great yesterday.  I’m surprised Tampa played that bad.  I expected a tight game and last drive by either team wins it.  This was embarrassing.

I don’t know about all of you, but yesterday gave me some hope we can and should beat the Cards.  They are a darn good team, but so are we when we play like yesterday.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thanks for sharing Limeaid. It really did feel great yesterday.  I’m surprised Tampa played that bad.  I expected a tight game and last drive by either team wins it.  This was embarrassing.

I don’t know about all of you, but yesterday gave me some hope we can and should beat the Cards.  They are a darn good team, but so are we when we play like yesterday.

I was hoping that the Bills would at least be able stay with the Seahawks but I was prepared to endure a loss.    I never expected them to smack the Hawks around like they did.

The Carp went into Glendale and beat the Cards yesterday with a good defense and a modest offense.   The Bills have a much better offense and a decent defense.   They should be able to go into Glendale and make a game of it. 

40 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

I wonder if New Orleans ended up hitting Brady more than we hit Wilson. Sure seemed like it. I’m too lazy to look it up.

I'm not sure.  I think the Bills hit/knocked down Wilson 16 times according to the broadcasters at the end of the game -- and Wilson is mobile rather than a statue like Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nelius said:

Gronk sucks. 

Doesnt he look old and slow?

56 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I was hoping that the Bills would at least be able stay with the Seahawks but I was prepared to endure a loss.    I never expected them to smack the Hawks around like they did.

The Carp went into Glendale and beat the Cards yesterday with a good defense and a modest offense.   The Bills have a much better offense and a decent defense.   They should be able to go into Glendale and make a game of it. 

I'm not sure.  I think the Bills hit/knocked down Wilson 16 times according to the broadcasters at the end of the game -- and Wilson is mobile rather than a statue like Brady.

On the sideline towards the end of the game, Wilson imo was walking very “gingerly”.

That was a great game to watch last night. Haven’t had too many opportunity to watch Brady absolutely implode like that. Probably would be a little bit sweeter to watch him do it in a Patriots uniform. He’ll bounce back though he always does

1 hour ago, Repulsif said:

They forgot the 31-0

35 > 31

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

That was a great game to watch last night. Haven’t had too many opportunity to watch Brady absolutely implode like that. Probably would be a little bit sweeter to watch him do it in a Patriots uniform. He’ll bounce back though he always does

38 > 31

FTFY....agree on the bounce back.  TB is a good team, altho since I live just outside of TB I relish the look of shock on the face as people trail into work today!!!  Specially the lil twit who has her office adorned with TB12 and puzzy Gronk numbers and posters!  Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

FTFY....agree on the bounce back.  TB is a good team, altho since I live just outside of TB I relish the look of shock on the face as people trail into work today!!!  Specially the lil twit who has her office adorned with TB12 and puzzy Gronk numbers and posters!  Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha

No, they were talking about how much they lost by.  38 - 3 = 35.  Which is indeed more than 31.

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I was drinking it all in: Gorgeous Sunday in Western, NY; the Bills mauling of the Seahags; topped by a dessert of Tom Brady pouting and tossing lame-duck INTs late into the night. I don't think a better day could have transpired!

29 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I was drinking.  Gorgeous Sunday in Western, NY; the Bills mauling of the Seahags; topped by a dessert of Tom Brady pouting and tossing lame-duck INTs late into the night. I don't think a better day could have transpired!

There, improved it for you. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I am not overly surprised. Over the past 3 seasons now the common trend for Brady is decresed arm strength/zip as the season goes on. 

Plenty of weapons on the Bucs but they lack a facilitator. Brady’s time in the NFL is rapidly closing.