A Few Thoughts About the Seahawks Game, in no particular order

Virgil

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

2 - Klein - One game doesn't earn you overall redemption, but no one tell AJ Klein that.  Where the hell did this game come from?  Klein was all over the field today and laying the wood on guys.  In his post game, AJ said the game plan was good.  Well, if the game plan was to absolutely terrorize the offense, then copy and past for the rest of the season.  His sack, forced fumble, and recovery on Russ was borderline criminal.  That was the kind of play that makes you look for a flag because something just had to be illegal there.  In a game where Milano was a big concern to be missed, AJ handled business in coverage and rushing the passer.  He showed great speed and I honestly think his play elevated Edmunds a bit, who's also been missing in action.  Just a great game and I hope to see more of it before the official apology tour begins.

I think McD and Frazier figured out how to utilize Klein in a way that kept him from being exposed. It seemed to me that they did their best to have him playing downhill or in the flat for the most part so his lack of athleticism couldn’t be exploited like it has in previous weeks. Honestly, they probably caught the Seahawks by surprise there. Hats off to the coaching staff because they caught Carroll and company with their pants down. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Good write up. In regards to number 2, it seems like Klein is much more comfortable attacking the line of scrimmage than dropping back into coverage. 

100% agreed.  Lorax liked lining up with his hands on the ground.  AJ just wants to run straight in.  Once he got his confidence, it looked to translate to the rest of his game

• Like (+1) 3

Anyone that “didn’t see a possible win today” hasn’t been paying much attention sorry @Virgil the defense for the hawks is historically bad. If you as a ***expert*** didn’t highlight this game six weeks ago as a steal you’re obviously not paying attention. Where’s bill?

• Like (+1) 2

The Davis play wasn't reviewed because it wasn't ruled a TD on the field...McD would have had to challenge it...

Also I don't know if they really benched Phillips, I think they just made a decision to go with guys who gave them a better chance rushing the passer because Seattle was down to their 3rd string RB

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Anyone that “didn’t see a possible win today” hasn’t been paying much attention sorry @Virgil the defense for the hawks is historically bad. If you as a ***expert*** didn’t highlight this game six weeks ago as a steal you’re obviously not paying attention. Where’s bill?

I never said we couldn't win, I'm saying I didn't think we would.   Again, the Seahawks are on of the best teams in the league and can score a crapton of points.  Our offense has not clicked in 3 weeks.  If you can't understand how that might pose a problem, I got nothing for you.  If we played how we did the past 3 weeks, we don't win this game.

Fortunately, we brought out A game on both sides of the ball

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The Davis play wasn't reviewed because it wasn't ruled a TD on the field...McD would have had to challenge it...

Also I don't know if they really benched Phillips, I think they just made a decision to go with guys who gave them a better chance rushing the passer because Seattle was down to their 3rd string RB

You might be right about Phillips.  I thought he had a good game last week, so I still found it a little surprising.  But it does seem that McD is taking his defensive line rotation to the next level this season.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

3 - Big Hits - I've never embedded video's on TSW, but this game made me wish I could.  There were some hits in this game that made me audibly react.  There was one kick return in particular where I don't know how the Seahawks returner got up.  Even my boy Russ took shots today that's going to require an ice bath later.  I'm going to get to the coaching and prep later, but this is a game that will be fun to watch the replay of on defense for a while to come.  Is there an angry hits version of angry runs?  If so, I know a few plays...

7 - Officiating - Talk about a one sided officiating crew.  I don't remember the full details, but there was a 3rd and long where they call a late hit against Russ and PI.  Both calls were bogus to me.  Then, there was an illegal shift that ended with a pass to our 3 yard line that wasn't called.  This next one could go both ways, but the offensive holding seemed to be completely ignored against the Bills.  Hughes got called on a terrible personal foul that brought the Seahawks into Bills territory.  Lastly, the Davis possible touchdown pass not even getting reviewed was rough to me, however McD didn't challenge it either.  Regardless, it felt like the Ref kept the Seahawks in it on a few drives and tried to knock us back.  Either way, nothing we couldn't overcome.

3 - That was Bam Johnson absolutely destroying the Seattle return man. That was a vicious hit and I loved it. 

7 - I really hate blaming refs for things going poorly, but it definitely felt like there was a stretch there with a few ticky tack calls that kept Seattle afloat in the second half. At one point I  remember seeing a graphic saying something like 6 fouls on the Bills for 65 yards and 1 foul on the Seahawks for 2 yards. A couple of those calls felt a bit suspect. Fortunately, the Bills were too damn good today for it to matter in the end. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I never said we couldn't win, I'm saying I didn't think we would.   Again, the Seahawks are on of the best teams in the league and can score a crapton of points.  Our offense has not clicked in 3 weeks.  If you can't understand how that might pose a problem, I got nothing for you.  If we played how we did the past 3 weeks, we don't win this game.

Fortunately, we brought out A game on both sides of the ball

You might be right about Phillips.  I thought he had a good game last week, so I still found it a little surprising.  But it does seem that McD is taking his defensive line rotation to the next level this season.

they’re not one of the best “teams” in the league though. Their defense is one of the worst in history. They have an mvp qb dragging them forward and a freak WR to help him out. A complete “team” they are not and never were this season. You smoked the espn bs. The bills always had a very lively chance to take this game, especially at home

I thought both roughing the passer penalties were definitely bogus-I’m not sure what else Oliver or Hughes could do! I actually thought both Oliver and Edmunds had good games today. Oliver won’t show up in the stats but he seemed to be all over that pocket all game long. Edmunds was finally making plays in the backfield...it was nice to see what he can do again when the defensive line does what they are supposed to do

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Good write up. In regards to number 2, it seems like Klein is much more comfortable attacking the line of scrimmage than dropping back into coverage. 

This was known when we brought him in, surprised they kept trying to force his square peg into a round hole style.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh was in the zone in the first half, if I'm not mistaken, he had already hit 6 different receivers in the 1st QTR alone. 

Glad Klein had the game he had, probably someone forwarded him the trade him for a pretzel thread we had here last week.

Taron Johnson thought Wilson was stopped and lost David Moore for a TD. The Seahawks and Wilson are relentless, you can't sleep on them. 

Yappin' Adams is a great blitzer and very good against the run, but he's clueless in coverage. He kept one drive alive for us when he tripped Beasley and was badly turned by Stefon Diggs. He reminds me of Roy Williams, former Dallas safety, good hitter but very overrated. 

Did Josh audibled on that Brown quick screen pass? A shame Smoke didn't score on that play. 

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Semantics, if Phillips was good enough, he'd be playing. He was a starter at the beginning of the season, he's not earning his roster spot.

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

No, you really don’t. You’re horrible at this compared to Bill and Shaw. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Semantics, if Phillips was good enough, he'd be playing. He was a starter at the beginning of the season, he's not earning his roster spot.

Not really. He is a run defender. Bills wanted to get after Wilson not make sure they could defend the run better. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Wow dude....lighten up. You think you can do better have at it.....otherwise move along and I doubt I'm the only one thinking that.....

Edited by Kwai San
  • Like (+1) 18
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 9

10 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

To each their own.  One less Christmas card to write.  Interesting where the negativity and need to attack comes from.  Maybe call the old man, get some hugs?  Good luck to you.

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Not really. He is a run defender. Bills wanted to get after Wilson not make sure they could defend the run better. 

That's a good point.  With the Seahawks not showing any form of rushing attack and their top 2 guys down, Bills most likely made the decision to go with pure speed guys

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2