Week 10: Bills at Cardinals

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Murray is really developing. I watched that game today and can see him giving us fits because of his speed. We don’t have a ton of top shelf speed on D. McDermott and Leslie had a good game plan for Jackson last year, but Murray might be past Jackson in reading defenses. Plus Murray has some great wideouts. 
Should be a good game.

A good take. His quickness is elite and who do we have who can run with him? Would love for Neal to claim a role in this D.

• Like (+1) 2

The Cards and Seahawks played the game of the year just 2 weeks ago, combining for over 1000 yards.  

I think AZ got to full of themselves during the bye.  

They'll be focused and angry.  Especially Jordan Phillips.  Who has 2 whole sacks on the year.  Revenge game!  

The Cards are going to score 24-30 points.  They just do.  You can't turn it over against them.  Murray will definitely turn the ball over.  

Protect the ball.  Score 35.  Win.  

• Like (+1) 2

Not that I think this is something worth sweating, but since our playoff odds are well, high, and division champs also high.  I think it's time to consider what being the 4 seed means vs a 2 or 3.

I think odds are extremely high Baltimore is the 5 seed.  Want no part of that D in round 1.

We want the 2 or 3 seed.  That means playing anyone from the Colts to the Raiders Browns or Dolphins.   Colts and Titans will be playing each other twice here in the next few weeks. 

So what I'm saying, time to be greedy.  If you want the 2 or 3 seed, beating AZ increases those odds tremendously.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 7

Toss up game here. Although I think the Bills are slightly better than Arizona but the Cards are a solid team in their own right and they are home so it ventures into being a toss up. 

Sitting at 7-2 it isn't a must win but the Bills should look to get this harder game going into a bye the team is hurting for. 

18 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not that I think this is something worth sweating, but since our playoff odds are well, high, and division champs also high.  I think it's time to consider what being the 4 seed means vs a 2 or 3.

I think odds are extremely high Baltimore is the 5 seed.  Want no part of that D in round 1.

We want the 2 or 3 seed.  That means playing anyone from the Colts to the Raiders Browns or Dolphins.   Colts and Titans will be playing each other twice here in the next few weeks. 

So what I'm saying, time to be greedy.  If you want the 2 or 3 seed, beating AZ increases those odds tremendously.  

In summation, higher seeds are better and winning more games leads to a higher seed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'll be the first to admit I don't know jack about Vegas and the betting lines and such, but WHAT???  Underdogs?  After the whoopin we just gave the Seahawks, better record, against better opponents, yet we still open as underdogs?  

I don't get it.   But at the same time, I don't mind.  We always seem to play better when we're not favored.

5 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I'll be the first to admit I don't know jack about Vegas and the betting lines and such, but WHAT???  Underdogs?  After the whoopin we just gave the Seahawks, better record, against better opponents, yet we still open as underdogs?  

I don't get it.   But at the same time, I don't mind.  We always seem to play better when we're not favored.

keep in mind it is typically a 3 point swing for home team. On a neutral field we have the advantage. COVID makes the home field advantage a little less of one, but that’s typically how the lines are made. Arizona just beat the Hawks too. It’s gonna be a tough out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe in my 20's. I'm in my 60's now. Give me comfort.

In 2008, I decided to take my wife (then girlfriend) to Buffalo to meet my extended family.  Conveniently, I made it the weekend the Bills were playing the Browns on Monday night football.  It was November 17th.  We got there around 5pm or so to start the pre-game festivities.   The temp was around 32 or so degrees, and by kick-off it was down to maybe 28 or 29.  I swear I haven't been that cold since.  I had hand warmers inside my gloves, down in my underwear, and in my shoes.  My poor wife is from New Orleans, and I remember looking over at her, and she looked so miserable...at halftime she said "I'm going to sit in the car."  I couldn't be mad at her.  Ever since that game I've never gone to a Bills game past October lol.

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

In 2008, I decided to take my wife (then girlfriend) to Buffalo to meet my extended family.  Conveniently, I made it the weekend the Bills were playing the Browns on Monday night football.  It was November 17th.  We got there around 5pm or so to start the pre-game festivities.   The temp was around 32 or so degrees, and by kick-off it was down to maybe 28 or 29.  I swear I haven't been that cold since.  I had hand warmers inside my gloves, down in my underwear, and in my shoes.  My poor wife is from New Orleans, and I remember looking over at her, and she looked so miserable...at halftime she said "I'm going to sit in the car."  I couldn't be mad at her.  Ever since that game I've never gone to a Bills game past October lol.

It was Bills vs. Browns. How fair is it to blame it on the weather?

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Tell me about. I'm done with wind/rain/snow games. Start that new stadium and dome me. You saw what JA did today with perfect weather. 

It’s not going to happen.  The state and nation’s economy is still terrible, the Pegulas are projected to be $360 mil. light in their businesses combined, the NFL teams alone all lost a ton of $ with no fans, so that likelihood is not for a few years at least.  Nothing will be decided until the lease is up and maybe not even at that point.  I’m sure the Pegulas want to do it, and have been preparing for a downtown stadium, but they couldn’t have predicted nor could anyone this pandemic.

As far as the Cardinals, it looks like it will be another shootout.

• Like (+1) 1

More than half our victories are against teams with winning records, vanquished the Patriots* and are 4-0 in Division play at mid season. We have our franchise Quarterback.

We’re ending the grumbling of no ‘signature wins’, ‘can’t beat good teams’, one dimensional team. We’re as “great” as any team going. 

Enjoy it! 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, zow2 said:

True, but it's a lock Miami is going to lose a couple games you think they *should* win.   Would not surprise me if the Chargers beat em this weekend.  

Both the chargers and bengals are dangerous games for them. Despite their records they are improving teams who play hard and have QBs who can throw downfield and run. 

5 hours ago, NickelCity said:

A good take. His quickness is elite and who do we have who can run with him? Would love for Neal to claim a role in this D.

Darron Lee as a spy if he gets to play this week. Runs a 4.4, very quick 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Nitro said:

I remember sitting in the stadium on a cold and miserable October afternoon and seeing the Bills beat Atlanta 3-0.  I doubt that I would enjoy doing that again!  

My worst memory is watching the Patriots destroy the Bills 50-something to something in a sleet storm. I really questioned my sanity that day.

• Haha (+1) 3

Just listening to Sal on his spot, and even though I caught two games of the angry birds this year as my son likes them since he was 7, I didn’t notice as much the Cards have a tendency to play a 0-6-5 defense like the Pats tried against us.  This could be another Pats game where I’m not a fantasy guy, but could be a good Moss/Singletary day.  The birds are better against the pass.  

I still think the return finally to health of Brown and Feliciano is a big thing for our offense.  Not sure if Morse will make it back and truly hope he is ok with all of those concussions.  If by chance he can and wants to come back, this line will look even better.

I dont see our Team struggling to move the ball. I think our offense will click down there in a dome. Get up and get scoring early...like today make them keep pace. 

My only concerns are giving up sacks, cant give up so many and have to run more. 7 sacks on a regular basis will lose games. Got to have more believable Play action.

I see D selling out to stop run and contain QB, need to count on corners and safeties. Hopefully healthy back there.

QB is a handful....but we've contained running QBs before. See strategy last year for Ravens...which was a good execution. 

I think the Bills have more talent and are a better team. I Like the Bills in this one, but do think its going to be similiar race track kinda game.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1