Week 10: Bills at Cardinals

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Tre has an ankle injury. Didn’t seem like it was serious at the time. 

I wouldn’t worry just yet since it’s only Wednesday and McD gives players who are dealing with injuries Wednesdays off. 

Good point. 

I suppose Josh Norman is good news but from what we've seen so far 1) he's glass 2) he's no Tre White

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

"Section 6. Active List (Other Clubs): If a player on the Practice Squad of one club (Club A) signs an NFL Player Contract with another club (Club B), (1) the player shall receive three weeks salary of his NFL Player Contract at the 53-player Active/Inactive List minimum even if he is terminated by Club B prior to earning that amount, and (2) Club B is required to count the player on its 53-player Active/Inactive List for three games (a bye week counts as a game) even if he is terminated, traded, or assigned via waivers to another club or is signed as a free agent to another club’s 53-player roster or another club’s Practice Squad prior to that time."

So if the guy off the PS needs to be paid and counted as one of the 53 man roster, it almost seems like a distinction without a difference.  Take a guy off someone else's PS, he's functionally on your 53 man roster for 3 weeks.

6 minutes ago, hemma said:

Morse probably back to Center --> means Feliciano at RG?

I imagine that depends upon Cody Ford. 

TBH, I'm not sure Morse is an upgrade on Feliciano at Center.  I'm pretty sure he's not an upgrade in the run game - almost positive Morse does NOT make that cut block that sprung Josh to go in untouched for the TD, and I thought for the most part Feliciano had a good game against the Seasnakes going pass-heavy.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Definitely. 

Do you think they'd play Boettger at LG over Mongo if Ford can't go? 

I'm thinking about the Pats game where without Ford, they put Mongo on the left and kept Winter in.  I think their viewpoint (which we may not share) is that Winter > Boettger.  Again, not commenting on my or your personnel evaluation, but on what the Bills were observed to do.

On the other hand, I thought Boettger stepped up the last two games, so there's that.

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Good point. 

I suppose Josh Norman is good news but from what we've seen so far 1) he's glass 2) he's no Tre White

Yeah outside of the fumble he caused and recovered he hasn't been that great. At the same time he is still needed so I have hope he's still go a few plays in him to make.

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Norman is simply not good. I would honestly prefer Dane Jackson at this point.

Yeah I would too, but still good to have Norman if Jackson goes down,

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

So I listened to McDermott's presser.  Couple additional points to the tweets above:

1.  Man, he is good at deflection.  Wawrow right off the top, hit McD with a bunch of questions he doesn't like to answer about injuries.  McDermott deflected into a paen of thanks to our Veterans in honor of veterans day then was like "Oh, I'm sorry John, no disrespect, what was your question?"  Wawrow was going after the Josh Allen shoulder injury "is he going to be off the injury report now?"  By the time McD got back to his question it was "Josh will practice".  But that wasn't what Wawrow asked.

2. Someone asked about Tommy Sweeney.  This is the last week to activate him or he goes on season-ending IR.  McD said "we'll see". 

3. McD was asked about Knox.  My interpretation of what McDermott said is that Knox is officially down in the Dog House.  When McD starts saying things like "it's within his control" and "he has the ability" and "at the end of the day, you got to get it done", that seems to be what that means.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Horrible Harry is resting comfortably.

McD did not say anything about Harrison.  He said he felt our DL is starting to get their ***** together (my phrase), and since Phillips was not involved in said *****-gathering last week....I suppose it could be interpreted that way.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I imagine that depends upon Cody Ford. 

TBH, I'm not sure Morse is an upgrade on Feliciano at Center.  I'm pretty sure he's not an upgrade in the run game, and I thought for the most part Feliciano had a good game against the Seasnakes.

He may not be, but having Morse at C and Feliciano at G is an improvement over just Feliciano at C and no Morse.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mario Addison sacked Kyler Murray 3 times last year when the Panthers beat the Cardinals, so I am hoping for a big game from him on Sunday.

TACKLES MISC
  TOT SOLO SACKS TFL PD QB HTS TD

Mario Addison 3 3 3 3 0 3 0

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401127962