Week 10: Bills at Cardinals

YoloinOhio

So I’m watching tv today and some of the analysts are already saying the Bills will have a real tough game because of Kyler Murray...now this is not to say he doesn’t have talent, he obviously does, and admittedly I’m going off of stats, but have you guys looked at some of the games he has had in his career so far? He had a game where he barely threw for 100 yards, a couple of games this season where his numbers have been terrible, in reading up a little bit about him I am reading that he has trouble getting past his first read-sounds awfully familiar doesn’t it? Why does he get such a huge benefit of the doubt while Josh gets crushed since the day he was drafted? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

This is a tough fantasy call. Allen has become one of the better throwing QBs in the league but Murray running is still extremely integral to the Cardinals offense and gives him a high weekly floor.

Two 4th and one’s late yesterday in crunch time and the Cards didn’t call a Murray run. inexplicable. 

Look for him to run around in those situation vs Buffalo

24 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

So I’m watching tv today and some of the analysts are already saying the Bills will have a real tough game because of Kyler Murray...now this is not to say he doesn’t have talent, he obviously does, and admittedly I’m going off of stats, but have you guys looked at some of the games he has had in his career so far? He had a game where he barely threw for 100 yards, a couple of games this season where his numbers have been terrible, in reading up a little bit about him I am reading that he has trouble getting past his first read-sounds awfully familiar doesn’t it? Why does he get such a huge benefit of the doubt while Josh gets crushed since the day he was drafted? 

Because his Jr. season at Oklahoma was ridiculous. like a 69% passer w/ 42 TDs 7 ints. 4,000+ yds... at a major Big12 school.

So he never came in with that “inaccurate” label stapled to his forehead like Allen. 

But Kyler murray’s running is most impressive. He’s as slippery as a water snake. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Still??

Link?

6 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

That was before he got paid now White is just a good CB. I have a feeling White is going to get Nuked.

Guess we should just stay home and give them the win then... I mean the Fish just beat them and he had 30 yards...   I'll take Tre over any of those CB's times 10. 

They like Murray and Tua since the get go. Power 5 media darlings to start. JA non power 5 inaccurate in college. In each case the narrative has to be bludgeoned to change. Example Cowherd loved Sam Darnold from that draft, USC-LA good for ratings. Coming into this year most experts had them even despite what I would say was significantly more progress from JA.

Based on Sunday with Bills beating Seattle MVP RW you would think that’s story one? Nope Murray Tua far cooler because they are pushing them day one. JA has to repeatedly prove his success to downplay the narrative created. By the way I like those two QB’s but they look for good from them and bad from Josh. Example they crush Kingsberry for 3rd down roll out incomplete pass. Great call Murray throws a bad pass. FG missed. Heat on coach not Murray. JA misses that equal inaccuracy! So he will just have to keep delivering and eventually media will accept the new narrative. 

• Like (+1) 3

Cards fan here. Just wanted to check in before the game this Sunday. First off, thanks for beating Seattle. Cards had an amazing opportunity to take over first place in the NFC West with a win over the Dolphins but we choked it away. 

I’ll provide some analysis on the Cards.

As I’m sure you are aware, Kyler Murray is an electric qb. He has led the Cards to the #1 offense in the NFL and appears to only be getting better as his sophomore campaign progresses. He is currently on pace for over 4,000 passing yards and over 1,000 rushing yards, a feat that has never been done. He also has 24 total TD’s to 7 INTs thru 8 games. His legs have been the X factor on offense. 

Despite actually being ranked #1 on offense, they still have issues on that side of the ball. Last Sunday was the Cards first game without starting RB Drake and Chase Edmonds who is a smaller back only averaged 2.8 YPC on 25 attempts. 

Defensively, we have glaring weaknesses. Fans are calling for D Coordinator Vance Joseph’s head on a weekly basis. Outside of our game against Seattle where he dialed up exotic blitzes that effectively confused Russell Wilson, he hasn’t been aggressive. He allowed Tua to get way too comfortable for a rookie appearing in his first ever road game. 

This Sunday we are set to get possibly 3 starters back on defense: 

- Slot CB Byron Murphy (COVID)

- OLB Devon Kennard (COVID)

- CB Dre Kirkpatrick (injury)

For the Cards sake hopefully all 3 will return as they have no depth on this side of the ball. This past Sunday they fielded practice squad CB’s and it showed. One was cut today after his performance against Miami (Bausby).

I expect both teams to score in the 30’s and this game will most likely come down to whoever wins the turnover battle. If I was a betting man I’d say the Bills are the logical choice. But one thing that has been infuriating about the Cards is their tendency to play down to their competition (0-3 in games they were favored to win), however they have shown up with the energy and physicality in the “big” games (2-0 against favored divisional opponents and 2-0 in prime time games). I expect the Cards will “play up” to their competition and be ready to get rid of the nasty taste that Miami left in their mouth. Should be a great game. 

From a distance it’s impressive what the Bills have been building these last couple of years. Josh Allen is a budding superstar. I’ll be honest, I didn’t expect him to ascend this quickly when he was drafted.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think this game is critical for the division. The Fins have a very soft schedule coming up. Chargers, Broncos, Jets and Bengals. They could easily go 3-1 before they hit a likely loss to the Chiefs. If the Bills can get the win over AZ they would go to 8-2 and get to a badly needed bye week. Then the Bills hit two very winable games against the Chargers and a banged up 49ers team. So the Bills have to win out the next 3 games and hope the Fins drop one of the next four. That would give the Bills a 2 game lead going into the back 4 games of the season and considering the Fins play the Chiefs the same week the Bills play the Steelers it would likely result in the Bills even if the drop the Steelers game having a 2 game lead with 3 games left and the Bills play the Broncos and Pats going into the last fins game. 

Overall I think this team can survive losing to AZ but a win going into the bye maintains the Bills 1.5 game lead and gets the Bills rolling into the back 6 rested, more healthy and in position to take the division. 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh has played pretty good in domes...

Big wins against Vikes, Cowboys, Lions 

Played pretty well in Texans losess...Josh played fast in both those games. I bet had Josh not gotten hurt in the first Texan game in 18 we would have won.

I don't recall the loss to Colts in 2018.

I still have that bad, stinging memory of the 2008 Loss. I went to that game in AZ, got a flat tire ( blow out)  on my way...not fun. We were late and Trent Edwards got hurt on the way in. Will always remember that game.

Edited by RichRiderBills

12 hours ago, Rubes said:

FWIW, Arizona's defense is ranked right below the Bills defense in terms of yards per game. Nearly identical for both run and pass.

Something to think about.

NFL Defensive Stats

Rubes, I’ll add to that point.  They only played two teams with winning records in Seattle and Miami and lost to Miami.  The rest of their wins were against losing teams.  That’s fine as they don’t choose their schedule, and just because they are #1 in offense and we are 12th, it goes back to their opponents.  They haven’t played the Raiders, Chiefs, or Titans.

This is by no means a gimme and I see this being another shootout where we can win 35-32, but until proven otherwise, I’m taking the Bills on this one.  After this game, our next monster opponent that makes me a little nervous is the Steelers.  God, they are good.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm actually kinda surprised that Andre Roberts is 3rd.  I honestly felt with the way he's been returning kicks, he was the league leader by a lot.

My guess for top spot (havent checked) would be Jakeem Grant from Miami, think he might have taken 2 back for TDs.

EDIT: Just checked ... Grant has taken 1 back for a TD and is nowhere near the top of the list!

reference ... https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/returns.htm

Edited by NI Bills Fan

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm actually kinda surprised that Andre Roberts is 3rd.  I honestly felt with the way he's been returning kicks, he was the league leader by a lot.

i dont disagree. but whats impressive about the ranking is that he doesnt have a td pumping that average way up. i'm a little annoyed he hasnt housed one yet in his 2 years, but he's a real asset. elite feel and vision on the field.