How about Bass? He's settling in...

Hebert19

Couldn’t be happier with this kid.  Hopefully he can mentally keep it together when he hits the skids.  It happens to most kickers.  Long term success is determined by a kickers ability to leave the past in the past when things go south and trust their leg.

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

His kickoff today with the holder traveled about 85-90 yards in the air.  I'm wondering exactly how long of a GWFG he'd be allowed to try.  Those kicks in Arizona from 55+ were crossing the crossbar about 3/4 up the uprights too.

If I saw it right that one hit the cross bar and went through haha which is insanely impressive. I don't think he could kick a field goal at the low of an angle with guys trying to block it but it makes you wonder what his range would be for a GWFG. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he considered by many to be the best Place Kicker in the draft? 

Doesn't mean much I guess because so was Aguayo when he was drafted......IN THE 2ND RD!!!😵😵😵What a brain fart that was for Tampa Bay.

Anyways, I have more confidence in Bass as a kicker than I do BOJO as a place holder. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/30/2020 at 2:31 PM, billsbackto81 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he considered by many to be the best Place Kicker in the draft? 

Doesn't mean much I guess because so was Aguayo when he was drafted......IN THE 2ND RD!!!😵😵😵What a brain fart that was for Tampa Bay.

Anyways, I have more confidence in Bass as a kicker than I do BOJO as a place holder. 

Oh yeah. I was really quick to condemn that pick. Such a horrible, horrible decision. Even if he turned out good it would have been a terrible pick.

I have noticed that they always set him up on the left hash if the team can help it. It’s obvious on extra points but the end of half drive, the Bills set him up on the left. 

The only time he was on the right hash was the 28 yarder and he barely snuck it through. 

• Like (+1) 1

105 >> Tyler Bass' point total for the season is a new record for a Bills rookie or first-year player. With 10 points in the win over San Francisco on Monday night, Bass passed previous record holder Pete Gogolak, whose record of 102 points stood for 56 years.

Bass' 100-point season is the first since Stephen Hauschka had 116 in 2017.

I think he is progressing nicely

On 11/30/2020 at 2:31 PM, billsbackto81 said:

I know BOJO is the current whipping boy for some, but he's been solid  and he had a nice 70 yard kick in his only opportunity on Monday. No problems with him holding either, obviously.

Bass looks like a veteran out there each kick.  I have 100% confidence in him now. What's more important is that I think he has 100% confidence in himself.

On 11/8/2020 at 6:06 PM, Hebert19 said:

I no longer have anxiety when he kicks.  He looks comfortable out there now and he booms it thru the damn endzone every kick off. 

you could argue he's been the best kicker in the league for about 7-8 weeks now