Josh Allen’s grandmother died night before Seattle game [Update] The Patricia Allen Wing at Oshei is now open!

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

If any of you care to donate in honor of Josh's Grandmother, here is the donation link:

https://www.kaleidahealth.org/foundations/childrens/donate/index.asp?robot=true

They've added a donation button for $17 in Zubaz colors 😛

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Maybe I was still grumpy and not awake yet when I saw the updated title at 7am, but I was like "Why would my broke butt donate to support his family I doubt his grandmother was the breadwinner and Josh has a good job" in the back of my head.

I wish your butt a good recovery.  I hope it's an uncomplicated break.

• Haha (+1) 4

So I was listening to "The opening drive" with Wilcots and Jordan palmer on the way to the office today. Palmer said without going into the details, he can promise Bills fans that he knows personally that this gesture has made a large impact on Josh. Talked about how lots of players will urge fans to donate to their good causes but that this was unsolicited and he's not seen anything quite like it.

He went on to talk about how he understands all cities love their young qb's but he thinks the connection between Allen and the city of Buffalo is next level. It was a really cool listen from a dude that has Allen on speed dial

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Maybe I was still grumpy and not awake yet when I saw the updated title at 7am, but I was like "Why would my broke butt donate to support his family I doubt his grandmother was the breadwinner and Josh has a good job" in the back of my head.

I broke my tailbone from slipping on the ice and landing on my butt.  This was around 1995 and if I sit too long, it still hurts.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So I was listening to "The opening drive" with Wilcots and Jordan palmer on the way to the office today. Palmer said without going into the details, he can promise Bills fans that he knows personally that this gesture has made a large impact on Josh. Talked about how lots of players will urge fans to donate to their good causes but that this was unsolicited and he's not seen anything quite like it.

He went on to talk about how he understands all cities love their young qb's but he thinks the connection between Allen and the city of Buffalo is next level. It was a really cool listen from a dude that has Allen on speed dial

Great stuff.  Would you happen to have a linky?

I think it was pretty clear it was next-level when the Bills arrived back from Thanksgiving at 2 am or whenever it was, icy cold, fans lining the fence cheering, and Josh was the guy who went over to shake hands and take a selfie.  This is the same guy who is the last one out there signing stuff for kids at open practices.  Josh has built that next-level connection to fans, and now the fans are returning it.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Great stuff.  Would you happen to have a linky?

I think it was pretty clear it was next-level when the Bills arrived back from Thanksgiving at 2 am or whenever it was, icy cold, fans lining the fence cheering, and Josh was the guy who went over to shake hands and take a selfie.  This is the same guy who is the last one out there signing stuff for kids at open practices.  Josh has built that next-level connection to fans, and now the fans are returning it.

I honestly dont know how to link it. It was on SiriusXM "The opening drive" this morning in my truck and i dont bother with any of the online features... He went on to say these are the things players remember when they are playing in front of packed house and wanna get it done from the home fans.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I honestly dont know how to link it. It was on SiriusXM "The opening drive" this morning in my truck and i dont bother with any of the online features... He went on to say these are the things players remember when they are playing in front of packed house and wanna get it done from the home fans.

Hopefully this season, Josh can remember these things when he's playing in front of 70,000 blue seats and one Buffalo mascot

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

I had saw it on the news late last night. It would nice if some outlet had a donation tracker.

Oishei has been releasing updates and thank you every couple of hours.  That is your tracker as that is where it is going.  People like Hapless have been posting those updates here to help follow the numbers.

Go Bills and Bless this Fan Base.

3 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Because you did the same dumb thing I did and I mean that to pick on me, and not realize it was for the children’s Hospital donation, vs. his family.  Thankfully my buddy Inigo Montoya (you killed my father, prepare to die, still love that) corrected me one minute later and donated by 6 am this morning.  I felt ignorant on this one, but good to have friends Who didn’t criticize, just knew I was was groggy reading it.  We’re of the same mind here.

$17 is nothing for kids who are ill.  God bless Josh for captaining this and called into NFLR this morning.  Palmer his coach off season was so incredibly positive about us.  He said, it’s not jerseys and season ticket sales that determines a fan base.  It was an unsolicited movement by the Mafia to get this started and said it will get him through tough times.  It was really cool.  He said and paraphrasing, when you’re going through something, acts like this makes it not just winning for his team, teammates, coaches, and family, it was winning for the city that loves him.  Gave me a chill.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Stank, that was me.  Dan from Florida.  Anyway, I absolutely loved his and Solomans  responses. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Because you did the same dumb thing I did and I mean that to pick on me, and not realize it was for the children’s Hospital donation, vs. his family.  Thankfully my buddy Inigo Montoya (you killed my father, prepare to die, still love that) corrected me one minute later and donated by 6 am this morning.  I felt ignorant on this one, but good to have friends Who didn’t criticize, just knew I was was groggy reading it.  We’re of the same mind here.

$17 is nothing for kids who are ill.  God bless Josh for captaining this and called into NFLR this morning.  Palmer his coach off season was so incredibly positive about us.  He said, it’s not jerseys and season ticket sales that determines a fan base.  It was an unsolicited movement by the Mafia to get this started and said it will get him through tough times.  It was really cool.  He said and paraphrasing, when you’re going through something, acts like this makes it not just winning for his team, teammates, coaches, and family, it was winning for the city that loves him.  Gave me a chill.

Fantastic post, MGK.

Btw, the fact that you were donating, first thing in the morning and groggy, says more about you than you think it does, my friend.

...and it's all good.

Go Bills.  Go children in need, because we here at Bills Mafia have your 6.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I wish your butt a good recovery.  I hope it's an uncomplicated break.

I'm pretty sure my wallet suffered a compound fracture and dislocation.  Look for it to win Comeback Cash Receptacle of the Year after the pandemic.  The butt however is lost forever.

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Stank, that was me.  Dan from Florida.  Anyway, I absolutely loved his and Solomans  responses. 

really good points on the 0-5-6 defense, dan!.... they didnt let ya get a lot of words in! LOL.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 1

Usually I am reluctant to give money out in situations unless I am doing so in a personal manner or in a pay it forward type of instance. This one just felt right. It's always a wonderful thing when people come together for the greater good. Happy to be a part of it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.