Josh Allen’s grandmother died night before Seattle game [Update] The Patricia Allen Wing at Oshei is now open!

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

If any of you care to donate in honor of Josh's Grandmother, here is the donation link:

https://www.kaleidahealth.org/foundations/childrens/donate/index.asp?robot=true

They've added a donation button for $17 in Zubaz colors 😛

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Great piece, but holy cow that woman has a long face... Not sure the haircut is doing her any favors. 

She seems not only like she knows her football and is well prepared, she comes across as 100% decent human being.  I guess I don't notice her face length.

Then there's this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHnVYhmFDgB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

She seems not only like she knows her football and is well prepared, she comes across as 100% decent human being.  I guess I don't notice her face length.

Then there's this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHnVYhmFDgB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Super cool story. 

Maybe I'm just sensitive about long faces. :P

Edited by whatdrought

On 11/10/2020 at 6:03 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, I think that would tarnish a spontaneous outpouring of goodwill for Josh and his family myself. 

The other 32 teams can quietly contribute if they want, but if they want to show their colors let them do their own thing in their own way, no need to butt into our bizness

So I’m resurrecting Hap’s reply from a week ago (!) for a reason, or perhaps reasons...

I had suggested that perhaps Oishei should insert donation buttons for all 32 teams.  His above reply sat well with me, in that it was true to Josh, true to Bills Mafia, **** the rest of them...etc.  That was a week ago, when we were all agog at having raised a few hundred thousand $, and wondering if we could possibly surpass the $400somethingK that got sent to Andy Dalton’s charity.

But at this point I really think this thing has gone beyond all that.  I think we have to realize that this is just not about Bills Mafia being awesome about recognizing the perfect opportunity to celebrate Josh by honoring his mother, and the circumstances under which he played his fabulous game against the Seahawks.

It’s about Oishei. 

Folks from all over the country have been donating, they dig it, they’re into the whole good vibe thing, and ohbytheway Oishei is recognizably the ‘real deal’, a top notch A #1 facility for our children and apparently for CHILDREN FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD...

The donations are still rolling in.  Yes they’ve slowed a bit, but $1K/hour is still fan****ingtastic by anybody’s fundraising standards, imho. I’m firmly of the opinion that we need to acknowledge the true reality of this opportunity for the hospital, and do our best to pump this up and roll it through the remainder of the season.  My notion of how to do this is to introduce 32 team donation buttons on their website.

And keep track.  A super-friendly, we’re all in this type of competition.  Howzabout if Oishei starts the team buttons next 

Sunday, and publishes the team by team totals each week?  Including us.  Can we outraise the Chargers fans?  How about the Niners and the Steelers?  If we can make this continue to “be a thing” until we go as far as we can go, we can make the current total of $600K+ look like chump change.

I can scrounge around and find $17/week for the next six, seven, eight or more weeks for this; it’ll cost me a few coffees, etc.  If our normal home crowd can do the same in lieu of buying tickets, we’re at $1M+ per week.  Plus the other teams’ donations....Yowza...and it will only get bigger the further we go.

All to the benefit of Oishei, not us.  We’ve done spectacularly well already, but HolyMoly we’re riding a fast horse on our way to a potentially monstrous win, and we’re really not even at the quarter mile pole yet...

Edited by Rhode Island Red

Following the recent outpouring of support to John R.Oishei Children’s Hospital from Buffalo Bills fans across the globe, we have announced plans to launch a new fund to honor quarterback Josh Allen’s grandmother. The ‘Patricia Allen Fund’ will provide ongoing support for hospital patients. 

Hospital and foundation leadership met virtually with Josh earlier this week and have determined plans for recognition and ongoing patient support thanks to nearly $700,000 in donations from over 27,000 people like you.

On the hospital's tenth floor, themed as the sports floor, where Josh’s jersey already hangs with other NFL legends like Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, we have named a wing after Patricia Allen. The west wing will now be known as the ‘Patricia Allen Pediatric Recovery Wing.’ We released mock-ups of the proposed recognition including a plaque with Josh’s photo from the Seahawk’s game and large signage with her name. 

In addition, the tenth floor playroom, which is within the new ‘Patricia Allen Pediatric Recovery Wing,’ will now be named ‘The Buffalo Bills Fans Fun Zone’ in recognition of the incredible support from you, the Bills fans all over the world for the hospital in Patricia Allen’s honor.

With Josh’s input, we have also launched the ‘Patricia Allen Fund,’ which will provide ongoing support to the pediatric critical care team at Oishei Children’s Hospital who provide life-saving care to pediatric patients. This team includes the pediatric transport team who transfer over 800 patients annually to Oishei Children’s Hospital from all eight counties of Western New York and Northern Pennsylvania. This incredible team is the only one of its kind in the region and provides care and treatment in the most critical situations. The ‘Patricia Allen Fund’ will help ensure this team receives necessary equipment, training and support they need to be ready for any life-saving traumas or events. 

The ‘Patricia Allen Fund’ will also help families in need with support for things like emotional support, meals, programming and activities while in the hospital.

“I am humbled by the incredible generosity that has poured in over the past several days in honor of my grandmother. It means the world to me and my family and we are very grateful these donations will go toward helping save many lives for years to come,” said Josh Allen.

With the fund now established, this will give donors an opportunity to continue contributions in memory of Patricia Allen and a chance for Josh to make an even greater, long-lasting impact on patients at Oishei Children’s Hospital through our wonderful partnership and ongoing initiatives together.

The Foundation and hospital teams plan to continue working with Josh each year to oversee how the donations are used to support the kids and families of Western New York at Oishei Children’s Hospital. 

** If you designated your donation to a different hospital department or program, that designation will be honored.

On behalf of all of us at The Children's Hospital of Buffalo Foundation and Oishei Children's Hospital, we thank you for choosing to support Josh through donations to our hospital in honor of Patricia Allen. You will make an incredible impact on the lives of the children and families we care for.

• Awesome! (+1) 5

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:
With the fund now established, this will give donors an opportunity to continue contributions in memory of Patricia Allen and a chance for Josh to make an even greater, long-lasting impact on patients at Oishei Children’s Hospital through our wonderful partnership and ongoing initiatives together.

This is why I donate via work besides fact that it does matching for some charities.  Every time you donate you get on a mailing/call list.  One of the charities I donated to contacts me 4 times a year in addition to mail campaigns.  Last person who called (and I checked they were using a spoofed number) told me I could reach some charity donation level giving me a certificate I could frame.  In another case I intentionally misspelled my name and I started getting donation requests in mail using that spelling - charity sold name or charity fund raiser raises money for multiple charities on commission. 

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

This is why I donate via work besides fact that it does matching for some charities.  Every time you donate you get on a mailing/call list.  One of the charities I donated to contacts me 4 times a year in addition to mail campaigns.  Last person who called (and I checked they were using a spoofed number) told me I could reach some charity donation level giving me a certificate I could frame.  In another case I intentionally misspelled my name and I started getting donation requests in mail using that spelling - charity sold name or charity fund raiser raises money for multiple charities on commission. 

Haha, I donated $25 to The Nature Conservancy 7 years ago and still get mailers at least 8x a year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.