Josh Allen’s grandmother died night before Seattle game [Update] The Patricia Allen Wing at Oshei is now open!

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

If any of you care to donate in honor of Josh's Grandmother, here is the donation link:

https://www.kaleidahealth.org/foundations/childrens/donate/index.asp?robot=true

They've added a donation button for $17 in Zubaz colors 😛

37 minutes ago, stevewin said:

If a number of people equal to a sold out home game each donated $17, it would be over 1.2M

And take out away fans and the number of people that call a TV remote a "computer", referring to my late grandfather, then you're talking about half that. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, CNYfan said:

It is over $260,000 grand.  I think someone must have made a large donation.

My wife was on the Board at St Jude Children’s Hospital for years. I can’t recite all the stats, but it would absolutely shock you how small the average donation was. I want to say less than $20. Appeal to a large number of people in a broad way and miracles can happen! True miracles! 

I’d ask her, but she’s sleeping while I take the late shift (as always) but with this new puppy. If I crate her after midnight, the wife gets up by 5-6:00am and there is less time to whimper from the crate downstairs. So far, not so bad, but it’s like having a baby again! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, CNYfan said:

It is over $260,000 grand.  I think someone must have made a large donation.

There are undoubtedly some donations that are bigger than $17, but they've got more than 14,500 donations so the average is $18.60 per donation.

Meaning it's mostly $17 donations and either a number of people chipped in more, or a couple people made a more substantial donation.

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There are undoubtedly some donations that are bigger than $17, but they've got more than 14,500 donations so the average is $18.60 per donation.

Meaning it's mostly $17 donations and either a number of people chipped in more, or a couple people made a more substantial donation.

$287,456 / 15,080 donations = $19.06/per at this moment, for whatever that detail is worth.  

A wondrous “spontaneous outpouring of good will for Josh and his family” to quote Hap...

Edit, 5 minutes later:  up to $287,759, so $303 / 5 mins. = $60.60/minute.     🙂

Edited by Rhode Island Red

Finally managed to donate... it took the install of a VPN client on my phone as the site doesnt accept connections from outside the US and Canada.  Thanks for the VPN advice 'Hapless Bills Fan'🍺

Up to $303.322 now... stunning!

Nothing can replace a lost family member, but my goodness what a way to honour her memory and make a real, positive impact on the lives of iim sure hundreds of children who need help. Amazing.

RIP Patricia Allen and Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Finally managed to donate... it took the install of a VPN client on my phone as the site doesnt accept connections from outside the US and Canada.  Thanks for the VPN advice 'Hapless Bills Fan'🍺

Up to $303.322 now... stunning!

Nothing can replace a lost family member, but my goodness what a way to honour her memory and make a real, positive impact on the lives of iim sure hundreds of children who need help. Amazing.

RIP Patricia Allen and Go Bills.

You're welcome! 

PSA: Personal VPNs have a bit of a "bad rep" as the tools of people who wish to be anonymous, but I have several good friends who work in computer security and they all tell me "don't leave home without one" (on your phone, tablet, laptop etc), especially if you're accessing financial or private info "on the go".  I do disable it when I'm home for speed and because we think we have a pretty good firewall setup and security, but outside my house "it's on".

Yes, I think it's a double blessing - an outpouring of fan support for Josh and his family, and a benefit to a great cause he supports.

In a time that people are hurting financially to get over 310K and counting is truly remarkable and speaks volumes of this fan base.

Also shout out to the rest of the NFL fans that are joining the donations as well, I think I have seen at least one from every team in the NFL say they donated in the replies.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

In a time that people are hurting financially to get over 310K and counting is truly remarkable and speaks volumes of this fan base.

Also shout out to the rest of the NFL fans that are joining the donations as well, I think I have seen at least one from every team in the NFL say they donated in the replies.

Well said Major!

It goes without saying but I will say it anyways.  For all those Bills fans who can't donate to this (especially in these times like MB said) please

do not feel in any way sad.  You'll have plenty of chances to do so when things turn around.  

I want to comment about other NFL fans for I moment.  I have frequented a local "Mom and Pop" sports bar here in Colorado Springs called

Good Company for years.  I have a lot of long time friends who are fans of other teams who time after time comment about the "uniqueness" of

the Buffalo Bills fan base.  I had friends actually donate during the "Dalton" thing and were happy to do so as friends of mine and fans of the NFL.

I am proud to be a fan of this team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Orioles had a Colorectal Cancer Alliance fundraiser in honor of colorectal cancer survivor, Trey Mancini.

The summer-long campaign netted $80,000, a nice figure for a great cause.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/news/featured/orioles-raise-more-than-80-000-through-f16ht-t-shirt-sales

Bills fans have raised over $300,000 in 72 hours.   Hats off to the greatest fans, in any sport, in the country.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.