Alex Trebek loses fight to Cancer.

whatdrought

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Agreed man.  My 7:30 to 8 will never be the same.

Someone will be next, but it will never be the same.....

Interesting how a gig like that can make one person such an iconic national figure. But it wasn’t just “the gig”, it was “the man”.

Dan Patrick replayed a 6 year old interview with him recently. It made me appreciate him even more. 

Edited by Augie

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

Interesting how a gig like that can make one person such an iconic national figure. But it wasn’t just “the gig”, it was “the man”.

Dan Patrick replayed a 6 year old interview with him recently. It made me appreciate him even more. 

I listened to the same replay.  True gentleman and despite the Cancer a worker until the end.   Truly a giant of his industry.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Augie said:

Bob Barker's name keeps coming to mind when I think of any long running iconic game show hosts.  There's a show that was never the same.  But fortunately we didn't lose him and he was able to retire.

The Lovely Way Jeopardy's Alex Trebek Spent His Final Day Before Death

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2558519/the-lovely-way-jeopardys-alex-trebek-spent-his-final-day-before-death?pv=related_list

He had a swing in his backyard that he loved. He actually rebuilt it earlier this year. He was very handy. I don’t know if a lot of people know that. And even in his book, he described that he wanted his final day to be sitting on his swing next to his wife, Jean, and kind of watching the horizon. And he got to do that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.