Alex Trebek loses fight to Cancer.

whatdrought

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Sorry if this is too soon, but who will be his replacement on Jeopardy!

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud said:

My sister said she heard Ken Jennings

I think that they told Jennings, James and the other dude that whoever won that tourney earlier in the year would be the new host.  Thought it would have been good to announce it at the end but they probably didn't in deference to Trebek.

RIP Alex.  Suck it cancer.

• Like (+1) 1

I welcomed Alex Trebek into my living room most nights for many years.  I have never known Jeopardy without him and it will be a difficult transition, as he embodied the show.  I'll miss him and may he rest in peace.  And ***** cancer.

15 hours ago, Doc said:

I think that they told Jennings, James and the other dude that whoever won that tourney earlier in the year would be the new host.  Thought it would have been good to announce it at the end but they probably didn't in deference to Trebek.

RIP Alex.  Suck it cancer.

I don't know about that.  I don't think Jeopardy James would do well as a host.  He's kind of weird and annoying.  I believe they have been grooming Jennings as well.  His personality is a much better fit and he has been showcased on the show over the years the most (including this seasons GOAT themed stuff).

RIP Alex, you will be dearly missed by millions.

21 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

I don't know about that.  I don't think Jeopardy James would do well as a host.  He's kind of weird and annoying.  I believe they have been grooming Jennings as well.  His personality is a much better fit and he has been showcased on the show over the years the most (including this seasons GOAT themed stuff).

What would be interesting would be the prototypical genius / misanthrope as host.  Condescending and belittling; think 'Sheldon Cooper'.

4 hours ago, WhoTom said:
KNOWLEDGE for $1,000
Answer:
“He nurtured a television safe-space for smart people”
Question:
“Who was Alex Trebek (1940-2020) ?”

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Gotta love a picture and quote from deGrasse Tyson on Carl Sagan's birthday ; - )

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

My gut tells me it'll be Jennings, but I think Austin Rogers has the best personality for the show.

18 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Sorry if this is too soon, but who will be his replacement on Jeopardy!

They interviewed him not too long ago about who he thought his replacement would be and he said, "Well, it's probably going to be a woman and she'll have to be bright. She'll have to have a good sense of humor." 

RIP, Alex. I loved having you in my home every night and you will be missed greatly. Another tire on the 'Can't end fast enough' tire fire that is 2020...

https://www.fatherly.com/news/jeopardy-host-alex-trebek-replacement-woman/

• Thank you (+1) 1

Bet the pardon of the OP, but Alex Trebek did not lose his fight.

He fought one of the most deadly forms of cancer known to man, for much longer than expected, and did it with an attitude that I personally would love to emulate on even my best day.

He is an icon, and I will never forget him.

See you on the other side, dear Alex. We will certainly miss you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Yeah I thought about that but he could possibly grow into the role.  In any case, it was made moot by KJ winning.

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

RIP Alex.  Started watching the show at 9, and still watch it every night.  I think I learned more from Jeopardy than I did in college.

I’ll take “How to Tap a Keg” for $400, Alex. 

It was my MIL’s favorite show. A nightly ritual I learned to appreciate. 

RIP after that difficult battle. Cancer sucks.........

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.