Biden speaks after winning presidency

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I thought it was a nice speech, I particularly liked the part about the results of this election being a mandate for people on the left and right to work together. With how the senate went that makes a lot of sense to me.

It's not quite a done deal that Republicans will hold the Senate as there's going to be an insane amount of money going into Georgia over the next two months.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

It's not quite a done deal that Republicans will hold the Senate as there's going to be an insane amount of money going into Georgia over the next two months.

Right but even if they win both those elections it'll be 50/50 you could still see that as a statement that both sides need to work together.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right but even if they win both those elections it'll be 50/50 you could still see that as a statement that both sides need to work together.

Vice president breaks the tie.  There's no evidence whatsoever that one Republican will attempt to work across the aisle.  Ask Obama.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Vice president breaks the tie.  There's no evidence whatsoever that one Republican will attempt to work across the aisle.  Ask Obama.

Not buying it for one second.  Don't anyone dare think it's a fluke some of them went full out fiscal republican on the Covid bill after peeing away trillions before that.  Need a wall?  U got it, need a new aircraft carrier?  sure.  Need to pay the rent that's overdue for 3 months, because your job's not allowed to open?  Sorry, we're fiscal republicans.  

Edited by daz28

Actually, as Biden spoke I realized I had forgotten what a coherent and articulate leader sounded like.  Biden actually used sentences.  Like full sentences. Plus, the adjectives....they were multiple and different. No reading off a script.  I was wondering where the pugilisitic rhetoric was? 

Unity?  What a novel concept.  My lord that was refreshing to listen to; for several reasons.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I know but that isn't great. What I'm saying is I like the idea of seeing this result as a call for government to get it's ***** together and start working with each other to resolve our issues.

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I know but that isn't great. What I'm saying is I like the idea of seeing this result as a call for government to get it's ***** together and start working with each other to resolve our issues.

They'll pry compromise for a Covid relief bill.  That's about it.  Anything with tax code, health care, infrastructure, education reform, etc......forget it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They'll pry compromise for a Covid relief bill.  That's about it.  Anything with tax code, health care, infrastructure, education reform, etc......forget it.

I don't think so.  If Biden reaches out and he and the House come up with plans for infrastructure and such, and McConnell blocks everything, I think in 2022 the people will decide to throw the Republicans out of DC.  

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I don't think so.  If Biden reaches out and he and the House come up with plans for infrastructure and such, and McConnell blocks everything, I think in 2022 the people will decide to throw the Republicans out of DC.  

Hmmmm....Maybe. Have to try though. The senate is a roadblock to the popular rule and I don’t see that changing 

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The Republicans were obstructionists for six years and got rewarded for it with both houses and the presidency.  I don't share your optimism.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

The Republicans were obstructionists for six years and got rewarded for it with both houses and the presidency.  I don't share your optimism.

Dems have an advantage now that people will listen to the President. If Trump was tweeting about Pelosi holding up bills it could have hurt. Biden needs to go hard on the bully pulpit is McConnell won’t let bipartisan house bills to the floor like he’s been doing.