WR Jake Kumerow Active on Sunday

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

With all of our WR's healthy and injuries elsewhere - it's a bit of a head scratcher to activate Jake Kumerow this week. Though I am interested to see him play. Will they have 7 active WR's on gameday or does someone take a seat?

Special teams. 

2 hours ago, 1st&ten said:

Maybe some team expressed interest in him & the Bills didn't want to lose him.

That’s what I thought.  I don’t recall any injuries to Green Bay receivers on Thursday but maybe SF?  Or NE, as Jacobi Myers is supposed to be out this week, as well as Edelman and N.Harry.

Edited by ColeB
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have no idea what's behind that.  OK, wait, maybe I do...

Looks like Kumerow played a good bit of ST last year at GB

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KumeJa00.htm

So it might be a Taiwan Jones thing.  Though he's nowhere near (4.54) Taiwan Jones (4.33) 40 time

yeah,  just a ST fill in. must be.  

My Wisconsin friends tell me he's a big play guy who does some amazing things, but then drops some easy ones.  Talented, but unreliable.  Sounds like a WR version of Dawson Knox....

I believe they activated him for 2 reasons:. 1) today is going to be a shootout and the Bills need all the weapons they can find, so they're gambling on his upside; and 2) he can fill in for Taiwan Jones on Special Teams.

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's being signed to the 53-man roster.  Doesn't mean he will (or should) be active. 

Not sure this is the case.  You can be called up from PS without being signed to 53 under CBA Covid special allowance clause 

• Like (+1) 1