BillsMafi$

I do wonder if:

1) the season he’s having (ineffective due to injuries),

combined with:

2) his injury history

along with:

3) a lower salary cap next season,

and:

4) the fact that he’s a bit of a scheme specific player, allows Buffalo to possibly offer him a 1yr deal somewhere around the $7M range?

I just don’t see teams lining up to pay him $10M+ on a multi year deal especially with a lowered cap next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Will only be out 2 games thanks to the bye, i would rather just rest him and get him ready for the back 6.

2 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I do wonder if:

1) the season he’s having (ineffective due to injuries),

combined with:

2) his injury history

along with:

3) a lower salary cap next season,

and:

4) the fact that he’s a bit of a scheme specific player, allows Buffalo to possibly offer him a 1yr deal somewhere around the $7M range?

I just don’t see teams lining up to pay him $10M+ on a multi year deal especially with a lowered cap next year. 

Even if he was having a "good" season, I think he would take a one year deal. I think most likely he takes a 5-6 million dollar one year prove it deal. Makes sense for both sides. Milano is producing when on the field and at that rate even for 11ish games he is worth it on a limited commitment. Milano gets to stay with a system that makes him look good on a deal that is a raise and let's him hit the market when the cap is higher

7 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

According to Rotoworld's blurb, Milano could be back after the bye - they quote the Athletic.

There is a media discrepancy here.  The Athletic is Joe B's report.  He says 3 weeks. Sal Cappacio says the CBA language states "3 games," not "weeks."  There's not really much point in arguing the point.  Somebody's wrong and somebody's right.  We'll find out when we find out.

Jake Kumerow probably has more ability than his production as a pro has shown.  He has great size and he's pretty fast for the size.  Supposedly he also has great hands.  Maybe he gets a chance to show something on Sunday.

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Sooo more Klein. Yay

Fwiw i love Milano and our D is better when hes on field but as josh said availability is the best ability.  He just can't stay healthy...we need to draft a LB early. 

We need to draft a linebacker early regardless of Milano’s injury.  LB and edge.  And a mean OG/C, and a space eater DT.  

Edited by Bob in STL

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As I understand it, the IR rule is 3 games, not 3 weeks.  So the bye week doesn't count, and he can't come back until after the following game

Del'Shawn Phillips and Jake Kumarow activated.  The former makes sense but I did NOT see the latter coming.

Sounds like another team may have been attempting to claim Kumarow off the practice squad.  If not, the move doesn't make much sense to me.

9 hours ago, Putin said:

Looking at the big picture and what’s important 

IMHO is just to win the division and be healthy for the playoff run , 

Yes I want to beat Seattle and everyone else on our schedule,

but I would rather be 10-6 or even 9-7 and have all of our guys ready to roll in the home playoff game , 

Go Bills !!! 

Your avatar still cracks me up.  We’ve had a couple of fat cats but that cat is huge.  The Jaba the Hutt of cats.

7 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

The best ability is availability. Make him an equipment intern. 

That’s it.  If he wants a contract to substantiate his on the field play, at this point I think you have to seriously consider letting him leave.   

For the record, some on this board have gone overboard Milano is incredibly injury prone.

Year           Games          Games Started

2017            16                           5    

2018            13                           13

2019.           15.                          15   

2020              5                            5

So his rookie he was available for the whole season, but he only started 5 meaning they didn’t know what they had yet.  He missed only 3 games in 2018, and only 1 game in 2019.

He did miss 3 games this far and a total of 7 missed games in 4 years.  How many other players avg. missing less than 2/year.  Granted he will go on IR for 3 so even with those added, that is an average of 2.5/yr.  A different positIon, but how many games has JJ Watt or Gronkowski missed.  Watt has missed 33 games over the last 5 years.  Gronk has missed 13 games in the last 4 years if you skip the year he was out.

My point is simply Milano had two injuries this year, but has played most games they wanted to put him in the game.  It’s better to air on the side of caution giving him a month to truly heal and be ready for the run to the playoffs.

14 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He mostly likely has a partially torn pectoral muscle. 4 weeks is not going to be enough to heal. If it was just a strain he wouldn't need IR. He will need surgery for a real repair. I think they are just hoping he heels up somewhat so they can get a few more snaps out of him later this year. But don't be surprised if he has surgery and is done for the year.

Ever the charmer🤦‍♂️ Where would we be without your timely 💩 droppings?

I’d really like to find out..

13 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

We need to draft a linebacker early regardless of Milano’s injury.  LB and edge.  And a mean OG/C, and a space eater DT.  

You forgot about DB, IMO that should be #1 , then LN in 2nd.  Assuming they could resign Feleciano and Williams, then O line 3rd or 4th round or even lower.

Or maybe trade down and pick up an extra 2nd, though hard to trade down if drafting #32!  In reality likely will be picking somewhat low probably below #20.

Money will be tight to sign players due to reduced cap, but will all teams will have the same issue.

13 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

So basically repeat spending of a lot of draft capital because the picks we just made in those same areas weren't good enough.

We should be moving on to other areas of the team.  How about a real TE for example?