Milano to IR

BillsMafi$

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

Well...he must be showing something good in practice.  Aaron Rodgers was sorry the Bills signed him and not GB.  Maybe the Bills want to see what he can do in a real game?  Does he have size?

Yup, heard he’s hung like a Brahma Bull...

(humor)

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1

He mostly likely has a partially torn pectoral muscle. 4 weeks is not going to be enough to heal. If it was just a strain he wouldn't need IR. He will need surgery for a real repair. I think they are just hoping he heels up somewhat so they can get a few more snaps out of him later this year. But don't be surprised if he has surgery and is done for the year.

• Sad 2

43 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He mostly likely has a partially torn pectoral muscle. 4 weeks is not going to be enough to heal. If it was just a strain he wouldn't need IR. He will need surgery for a real repair. I think they are just hoping he heels up somewhat so they can get a few more snaps out of him later this year. But don't be surprised if he has surgery and is done for the year.

It's possible that he tore it completely during the game last week and his season is now over, though that isn't how Coach McD talked.

But once again: A strain *is* a torn muscle.  The question is how badly it's torn.  Players are regularly out for 2-4 games with strains; the new feature this season is that a 3-game IR is available.

I would suggest reading what Banged up has to say on the subject.  Search on "Milano".  He's got a bunch of stuff on complete vs. partial pec tears and surgery. 

16 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Phillips and Lee rather than Klein id be fine with. 

Lee  is on the practice squad.  He was not activated.

If he can come back after 3 weeks and be relatively healthy I'm all for it. if not leave him on IR for the year... it's ovbiously not a great idea to have him playing when he cant tackle. 

Edited by gordong

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's possible that he tore it completely during the game last week and his season is now over, though that isn't how Coach McD talked.

But once again: A strain *is* a torn muscle.  The question is how badly it's torn.  Players are regularly out for 2-4 games with strains; the new feature this season is that a 3-game IR is available.

I would suggest reading what Banged up has to say on the subject.  Search on "Milano".  He's got a bunch of stuff on complete vs. partial pec tears and surgery. 

Lee  is on the practice squad.  He was not activated.

Sooo more Klein. Yay

Fwiw i love Milano and our D is better when hes on field but as josh said availability is the best ability.  He just can't stay healthy...we need to draft a LB early. 

I suspect the Bills felt this was the only thing they could do.  Playing through the injury clearly wasn't working.  They would dearly love to have him on the field against Russell Wilson and the Seahawks, but he just can't perform anywhere near an acceptable level with his injury.  Hopefully, Phillips is ready to step up.  Physically, he's pretty close to Milano.  Mentally?  Who knows?  What we do know is that AJ Klein does not have the speed and anticipation to do a lot of the stuff that the defense has depended on Milano to do.