Have you lost Confidence in the Bills ?

HOUSE

Despite win, Buffalo Bills fans lose confidence following Week 8

Buffalo Bills fans have been through highs and lows, for sure, but I didn’t expect their faith to be shaken after a win. Such is the strange psyche of Bills fans. After coming in at 92% fan confidence last week, this week only 89% of Bills fans said they were confident in the direction of the team.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/11/7/21553943/despite-win-buffalo-bills-fans-lose-confidence-following-week-8

Edited by HOUSE

There’s endless pessimism amongst bills fans, me I’m going with a resounding NO! 
we got this game, offense is gonna come out on fire, and trounce the feathered sea rats.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

A season is a lifetime, don’t get too high or too low after a game or two. I just hope we get healthy and get that mojo back. 

Oh, and remember, it is a game

I think that's the key... every game is different. They won against NE , I'm glad they did. It's all about getting healthy and getting hot at the end

• Like (+1) 2

We're 6-2, likely to make the playoffs.  Let's have a reality check, flashback a few years, to remember how outlandish either of those two facts (well, one fact and one assumption) would have been.  Let me put it this way: I am not disappointed with the Bills.  I am looking forward to the rest of the season with optimism, and to next year with real hope. 

The defense hasn't been the same.  Was it losing Kyle Williams and Lorax and Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson?  Maybe.  Just as likely it was losing Star, finding out that as expected Ed Oliver is too small to play the one-technique, and no one else being brought in to add beef to the line.  Remember that last year's defense was not as good before Jordan Phillips and his large body were added to the mix.    Also building a defense around a guy who can't stay on the field (Milano) and who's forced to play with a significant injury (Edmunds), and a key safety who's starting to lose a step (Hyde) isn't always going to work out.

Beane has a very good batting average. He struck out this year on his new defensive players, let's be honest.  Can he strike gold again this offseason, like when he brought in Hyde and Poyer?

The offense is in good shape going forward.  We need a couple of new linemen to add productive depth.  With Feliciano back, and Ford's future as a guard established, and two tackles that can actually play, all we really need right now is Morse to recover.  I think both Singletary and Moss are good enough that we don't need to invest at that position.  And QB and WR are real strengths. 

If I'm worried about anything, it's the coaching.  Daboll has shown he can drive fast if given a good car.  Frazier though hasn't adapted to the loss of bulk on the D line and the loss of talent at LB and safety.  I think maybe the league has figured out his defense.

• Like (+1) 5

I've lost a little confidence that they can go deep in the playoffs. I can see the Bills exorcising the demons of the AFC East, but I just don't see enough on defense and opposing defenses are figuring out our offense and we haven't been able to adjust.

After week 4, I was ready to claim a perch in the top 3 seeds in the AFC and believe they could beat KC, Pittsburgh, Baltimore or Tennessee in a playoff game.  Now I think we are a #4 seed by default and a 5-6 in the AFC as far as overall talent.

• Like (+1) 6

26 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Despite win, Buffalo Bills fans lose confidence following Week 8

Buffalo Bills fans have been through highs and lows, for sure, but I didn’t expect their faith to be shaken after a win. Such is the strange psyche of Bills fans. After coming in at 92% fan confidence last week, this week only 89% of Bills fans said they were confident in the direction of the team.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/11/7/21553943/despite-win-buffalo-bills-fans-lose-confidence-following-week-8

For this season, they look like the 2019 Bills.

When the Playoffs start, I don’t think they go far.

The danger is you become the 2011-2015 Bengals. Who kept bringing back the same core and getting eliminated in the first round of the Playoffs.

Eventually you get old and the pieces start dropping out one by one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As Donald Rumsfeld once said you go into battle with the army you have, not the army you wish you had. To that end, the 2020 Bills aren’t a finished product. Their window is open. It’s a process & we must continue improving on both sides of the ball. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Yes. I don't think this defense is good enough. I thought they might be a little diminished given the quality of the opponent quarterbacks this year vs last year

but did not expect they'd be this mediocre on all levels. Clearly they need a 1Tech D tackle but  there seems to be a ton of other issues. It would help if they'd get everybody healthy at the same time. 

I think their O is better than I thought for the most part despite the last few games. Again it would be good if they could get healthy on the O line, TE and WR all at the same time. They need a healthy John Brown.

Edited by BubbaT
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

For this season, they look like the 2019 Bills.

When the Playoffs start, I don’t think they go far.

The danger is you become the 2011-2015 Bengals. Who kept bringing back the same core and getting eliminated in the first round of the Playoffs.

Eventually you get old and the pieces start dropping out one by one.

There does seem to be a tendency for teams to get to a certain level and stay there.  For years the Bills were a 6-10 team that deviated up or down from there.  Now they're a 10-6 team (could have been 11-5 if they'd played starters against the Jets), and looking like they'll be there again this year, despite tougher competition, more travel, and more injuries.  I think the Bills' core is good enough to stay at this level.  Straight's point about the Bengals is a fair one.  We need to improve the roster to step up to the 13-3 level and to stay there.

55 minutes ago, Augie said:

A season is a lifetime, don’t get too high or too low after a game or two. I just hope we get healthy and get that mojo back. 

Oh, and remember, it is a game

This ^^^ just win the division and be healthy for the playoffs