College 2020 Week 10

Mark Vader

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yes, congrats on a nice victory.

Gotham Bill, Tua's brother at Maryland is good. He had first game jitters in his inaugural game and then in his last two games he played as a polished and poised qb. He is accurate, can make reads and seems to be more athletic than his bigger brother. Mike Locksley, who was an assistant at Bama,  is an exceptional recruiter who has gotten kids who were on the verge of committing to big time schools to come to Maryland and get immediate playing time. They got a receiver, Jarett, who decommitted from LSU and as a freshman is their best receiver. More of the locals who left the area for the big time programs will be staying home and elevating a long time moribund program. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

Gotham Bill, Tua's brother at Maryland is good. He had first game jitters in his inaugural game and then in his last two games he played as a polished and poised qb. He is accurate, can make reads and seems to be more athletic than his bigger brother. Mike Locksley, who was an assistant at Bama,  is an exceptional recruiter who has gotten kids who were on the verge of committing to big time schools to come to Maryland and get immediate playing time. They got a receiver, Jarett, who decommitted from LSU and as a freshman is their best receiver. More of the locals who left the area for the big time programs will be staying home and elevating a long time moribund program. 

Wow, I was just thinking today how I haven't seen posts from you. I hope that all is well!

Last week, posters were bashing Tua left and right. I remember you were always praising him. I wonder, is he still "overrated?" Is he still a bust?  Asking for a friend. ;) 

10 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Wow, I was just thinking today how I haven't seen posts from you. I hope that all is well!

Last week, posters were bashing Tua left and right. I remember you were always praising him. I wonder, is he still "overrated?" Is he still a bust?  Asking for a friend. ;) 

I just watched a good portion of the Dolphin/Cardinals game. Tua looked good. The first game he played the coach had him play a simplified offense. In his second game the coach opened up the playbook and allowed him to run a fuller offense. As you well remember in Alabama he made quick reads, was accurate and got the ball out. He did the same in this game. I was really impressed with how he played. 

I thought the Dolphins were taking a risk by playing Tua so soon. I was wrong. He is now their established franchise qb.  

Edited by JohnC

On 11/8/2020 at 9:51 AM, JohnC said:

The next Diggs! osu gets him  this week and corners are very suspect ☹️

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The next Diggs! osu gets him  this week and corners are very suspect ☹️

OSU still has a much wider and deeper talent base than Maryland has. Locksley is still in the very early stages of building this program. It's going to take a few more recruiting classes to be more competitive with the big boys team like OSU. The coach will persuade more of the local talent that usually leaves for the other major national programs to stay home. Jarrett is an example of that dynamic. He committed to LSU and then de-committed to stay at home and play for Maryland. 

The OSU coach has done a terrific job. It is very difficult to take over a highly successful national program with a high profile coach and seamlessly continue on with the same level of success. He deserves a lot of credit. It is not easy to do. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.