Who can spy Russell Wilson

Bakin

24 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Russ’s legs aren’t nearly as dangerous as his arm. Don’t spy, let him run all day if it means he isn’t throwing 

Seattle will score weather it’s a 6 or 12 play drive ,the question is can we keep up with them and keep it close late in the 4th Quarter with a chance to win ? 
Everyone is thinking a shoot out but I believe we will try to run the ball eat the clock and keep Wilson on the sidelines 

Edited by Putin

Just now, hemma said:

Make him scramble until both hammies and calves cramp up like like 4 x 4s.

Run that battery all the way down.

Fatigue makes cowards of us all.

Fatigue makes us less effective, not cowards. I played multiple sports for many years and fatigue never affected my courage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, hemma said:

Something tells me you never played for Vince Lombardi.

Courage and Will are what carry you when your body is about spent, I  never played for Lombardi. You?

p.s. I should have known it was a Lombardi quote. Mental fatigue, but my courage still strong.☺

Edited by Turk71

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

He doesn’t run down field as much as people think.  He scrambles a lot, is great at it, and more times than not, finds some guy down the field.  When he does run, he doesn’t take chances and always finds a way to slide or get out of bounds.  I see them moreso only rushing four as Wilson is one of the best at beating the blitz, so I can see a 4-2-5 scenario where Trey can hopefully take out Metcalf, and we can double Lockett.  We have to play zone mostly and keep everything in front of us, so don’t get frustrated when you see them matriculating down the field.  We are one of the best at not allowing the deep ball.

agree. Wilson isn’t a scrambler. He is a “scamperer.” He scampers when he need to, usually to pick up an easy first down. Mahomes and Murray are similar. Just really smart in terms of picking his spots, getting what he needs, and getting out of bounds. Never really takes a hit. 

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

agree. Wilson isn’t a scrambler. He is a “scamperer.” He scampers when he need to, usually to pick up an easy first down. Mahomes and Murray are similar. Just really smart in terms of picking his spots, getting what he needs, and getting out of bounds. Never really takes a hit. 

Sounds like Josh too. Outside the Jets first game.
Honestly Lamar is the only real dual threat QB this season. 

The only problem with letting him scramble is thats when he is most dangerous.

He loves to fake that he is taking off then throws on the run.

If you can chase him past the LOS then we have him where  he is vulnerable.

33 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Murray?

That poster included Murray in his scramblers. Murray seems to be less of a runner in year two, but I honestly haven’t watched a ton of Cards games. Murray looks like he is developing more into a Wilson type of player early in his career. 
Someone can correct me, I might be terrible wrong in that assessment.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I can see this shaping up like the chiefs game.  Defense lets them get some yards but relatively keeps them in check but the offense sputters yet again.  

I just don't see it happening. If we can't score against arguably the worst defense in the league, at home, on a day predicted to be sunny and 70 degrees, then we're in trouble. 

Plus, we may have both our starting guards and our starting TE back in the lineup.  It'll be as close to 100% healthy as it's been all year.  Predicting a big day for Josh and Co.

11 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I can see this shaping up like the chiefs game.  Defense lets them get some yards but relatively keeps them in check but the offense sputters yet again.  

The offense has to come blazing tomorrow.  They can't play scared

58 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I just don't see it happening. If we can't score against arguably the worst defense in the league, at home, on a day predicted to be sunny and 70 degrees, then we're in trouble. 

Plus, we may have both our starting guards and our starting TE back in the lineup.  It'll be as close to 100% healthy as it's been all year.  Predicting a big day for Josh and Co.

Will that include  a healthy John Brown.  He changes the game as much as Diggs

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MJS said:

Nobody. If he is running the ball he isn't throwing it. Let him get some runs. Cover the pass. Prevent the big plays. He'll eventually get frustrated and try forcing some throws. Send some well timed blitzes.

How's that all worked for the rest of the league?

He's completing 71.5% of his passes and has an insane 26 passing TDs in 7 games (against 6 ints). 

The Bills D just gave 21 points to NE benchwarmers and the carcass of Cam Newton.

I have a lot of respect for Siran Neal's game.  Dude is a hitter, and a sure tackler (notwithstanding the Houston game).  I would like to see him used in more packages designed to rush and contain mobile QBs, help cover drag routes across the middle.  The play where him and Milano both bounced off Watson was all-time unlucky, but it showed what Siran can bring off the edge.  And I think he has the quicks to actually get Wilson on the ground.  Let him lurk in the middle some and cover crossing routes with one eye on Wilson.

Same concept as some are suggesting about Darren Lee, but I trust Siran Neal more than Lee and he knows the system better.  Their weight is not too different.

• Like (+1) 1