Who can spy Russell Wilson

Bakin

I’m no expert on D strategy but it’s safe to assume that someone on our D will have to spy Wilson at all times. He’s so dangerous to take off at any time...

who’s the guy that has that job?

and how will he fare on Sunday ??

Nobody. If he is running the ball he isn't throwing it. Let him get some runs. Cover the pass. Prevent the big plays. He'll eventually get frustrated and try forcing some throws. Send some well timed blitzes.

• Like (+1) 4

He doesn’t run down field as much as people think.  He scrambles a lot, is great at it, and more times than not, finds some guy down the field.  When he does run, he doesn’t take chances and always finds a way to slide or get out of bounds.  I see them moreso only rushing four as Wilson is one of the best at beating the blitz, so I can see a 4-2-5 scenario where Trey can hopefully take out Metcalf, and we can double Lockett.  We have to play zone mostly and keep everything in front of us, so don’t get frustrated when you see them matriculating down the field.  We are one of the best at not allowing the deep ball.

Would rather have him run then pass. 

I am really curious on how our Secondary will responded vs Locket and Metcalf.  

I am ready to see a big game from our Superstar newly extended Cornerback, that was only 2 months ago.  Perhaps his first interception of the year comes on Week 9. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I can see this shaping up like the chiefs game.  Defense lets them get some yards but relatively keeps them in check but the offense sputters yet again.  

Yup, I think you’re right.  Keep it all in front of us (including Wilson) with Cover 3 and Cover 4.

As others said similar to KC. Seattle is deadly when they get behind defenders. First objective stop the deep ball. 3rd down is the only time Wilson will probably run much. If he can’t go deep, and we have good coverage he’ll eat us alive with 8 yard runs. 
I said earlier I’d like to see Siran Neal out there on third downs. Either spy Wilson or blitz him. Neal has the speed to wreak some havoc 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Nester said:

Would rather have him run then pass. 

I am really curious on how our Secondary will responded vs Locket and Metcalf.  

I am ready to see a big game from our Superstar newly extended Cornerback, that was only 2 months ago.  Perhaps his first interception of the year comes on Week 9. 

Nobody has stopped them yet and Metcalf gets more dominant each week.

9 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I agree 100% captain going to be an exact duplicate with McClapper cheering on the sidelines. Makes me wanna puke.

Then don't watch it if you're so appalled by our 6-2 division leading team. 

Can't make anyone happy. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Seattle doesn’t have a back as dynamic as CEH for KC. That’s something. 

Hyde and Carson are pretty good, but they are out.  They are also down a CB, Shaquille Griffin, and Safety, Amadi.  Their DB’s are decimated so even better for us in that they won’t be able to run and are going to have a heck of a time stopping our passing game.  

No argument they have an incredible QB and WR’s.  Their main TE is aging by the minute.  They are also down Lupatti at Guard so maybe our defense can get pressure on Wilson with the front four.  I hate we don’t have Milano, but they are making the right call sitting him until after the bye as that is most likely the plan.

I doubt Buffalo will use a spy, but if they did, the guy with the athleticism to do it would be Darron Lee.  That's also something for which he wouldn't need a lot of understanding of the defense, because it's not part of their usual defensive package anyway.  I'm sure he has been a spy once or twice in his college and pro career.

I don't think anyone will be spying him all game, but I would love to see Edmunds make a play and get a big hit on him. He is the same speed but 50lbs heavier. If he is gonna step up and make a big play this is the time, turnovers and stops.