Best single play in Bills history

stevestojan

A few come to mind...

Kelly's rushing TD against Miami.

Roland Hooks' diving catch prior to the Hair Mary to beat the Patriots.

Many of OJ's runs.  They often didn't mean a lot but they were sheer joy to watch.  One in particular: I don't recall the opponent but OJ's breaking free and the safety (?) is obviously pooping his pants because he's got to make the tackle.  OJ does a couple of dekes and the safety trips over himself.  OJ scores.  I have never enjoyed watching an athlete more than I enjoyed watching OJ.  He was preternatural.  

Here's one I didn't see but I wish I had.  Cookie, a violent runner, turns the corner and intentionally hammers into Patriot CB, Chuck Shonta, knocking him out cold.  Other Patriot defenders gather around their fallen comrade.  Cookie angrily growls a challenge at them: "Which one of you mother******s is next?"  Duly intimidated, the Pats lose to us in a rout.  

On 11/7/2020 at 3:17 AM, BuffaloRebound said:

Those OJ clips were enthralling.  Dude was big, at full speed on his first step, had the change of direction of a scatback and could out run everybody.  There’s no way there’s more than 3-4 RB’s in history with his talent.  Jim Brown, OJ, Barry Sanders.  Probably in that order.  

I've only seen Jim Brown in highlights - and they're impressive.  His stats are impressive too.   So it's fair to say he's the best ever.

But OJ is the greatest RB I've ever saw play.  Better than Barry, Walter and the rest of them.  I'd go so far as to say he was the greatest football player I've ever seen.  He was so far ahead of his peers - moreso than Brady is/was ahead of Brees, Rodgers, etc.  In his time, OJ was on another level.  A unique blend of speed, strength, vision, and elusiveness.  

Fitz to TO 98yd!

Also loved the Lynch Run at the end of this game. 

there was a run by TT34 that turned me into a Bills fan. It would have been around 1989 and I don’t think it went for a TD but he basically jukes 8 guys. I’ve never been able to find that run. 
I was hooked right from there. 

Edited by Bakin

On 11/10/2020 at 9:55 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

I thought about this too long but I heard Renegade today and thought of Josh's 40 yard dagger vs Steelers last year right after song. At that moment I new he was would never be overwhelmed by the moment.

1.  Kelly's TD in 89

2.  This.  It was a huge moment.  We score on that drive.  Secure first "legit" playoff birth (no disrespect to 2017 team).  But 10 years from now we might look back on that Steelers game and play the same way we do the Kelly TD.  

Plus I was there!  Pittsburgh fans tell me they have never ever seen their stadium that full of enemy fans.  And there were a ton of us.  Chanting and singing in the concourse on the way out.  It was so awesome.  

Edited by Big Blitz

On 11/11/2020 at 8:11 AM, The Jokeman said:

Ronnie Harmon's drop in the 1989 AFC division game. Why? If he catches the ball sure we advance but it may have kept him around longer and we may have never seen Thurman Thomas became. Also it made the team develop a hunger to play even harder etc. 

Thurman Thomas had a HUGE game in that loss. Set a playoff record for catches and had 150 yards receiving. The K-gun was born that day in large part to Thurman. Thurman would have continued to be what he eventually became whether Harmon was a Bill or not.